• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Comprehensive Draft Notes

I find it interesting that LeRibeus is NOT on the "reach" list....

he's not a reach when viewed from the perspective of a play action, bootleg scheme. makes sense fomr this angle.

whether he fits the mold for pocket pass protector is a different story. not syang he isn't...just saying: we'll find out!

See, that's what I like to read. If we can end up with two eventual LBer starters (give em two years) in 4th round picks Riley and Robinson, then I'll be quite happy.

This is how you build a team.

This is going to surprise some folks but we got 40 starts out of last year's draft class.

Kerrigan - 16
Hurt - 8
Helu - 5 (appeared in 15)
Gomes - 5
Hankerson - 2
Paul - 2
Royster - 2

We also got 3 starts out of UDFA Willie Smith for a total of 43 starts by rookies last year. I am sure a lot of other teams can post similar numbers but my guess is that most of their starts came from 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders while the Skins didn't get any starts from Jenkins because a pre-season blown ACL and only got 2 out of Hankerson because of a freak hip injury.

And most of these guys played pretty respectably. Even so that I am excited to see what they can all bring this year with a full off season under their belts.

actually im with fs

kerrigan-legit
hurt- decent but started because we were thin and terrible at guard, didnt look nfl calibre until end of season, will probbaly lose his job.
Helu- needs to improve but flashed some very solid play
Gomes- started because of lack of competition, very raw.
Hank- started 2 games played well in one, bad in the other. looked terrible in preseason.
Paul- started 2 games, has tools but is raw.
Royster- decent comittee back

so like it was said, one legit starter, and a bunch of fill ins, however i think helu and possibly hand could be legit with more time.

Man what a stupid argument...no offense. Who gives a crap what round a starter came out of? The point is whether our draft picks are making the team and contributing to success and for the most part the answer to that question is yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.