• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins.com: Lineman Mike McGlynn, Redskins Reach Deal

A body=Camp fodder. This guy has a lot of starting experience. He'll be on the roster and might start.

I don't think it's fair to call a guy who's started a lot of NFL games a 'body'. He may not be a pro bowler, but just because the Redskins start guys that can't really play on their O-line, doesn't mean that this guy can't. I think 'a body' is way overstating it.

Well by the same token, just because a guy has starts, that doesn't make him an upgrade. This guy looks fairly mediocre to me. But to be fair I don't know much about him. Maybe he really is that diamond in the rough we always hope new guys are. Cooley seems to think so, so there's that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know a lot about him either H. But he did play for Gruden, so I have to think if he wasn't a quality player we wouldn't have gone after him. That's an 'assumption', but I'm assuming it's true :) I guess where I have an issue with your take is that he's been a 2 year starter, he's big and relatively young, and most of the scouting info on him is positive. So I'm not sure if he succeeds that makes him a 'diamond in the rough' - I think it would mean he is a solid lineman.

We'll see down the road I guess...

This is the only highlight reel I could find on McGlynn.....
his beautiful bro-mance with Michael Vick.
I guess a QB wrapping his hands around his center's butt for about 50 times a game isn't enough. He had to love up, on the other end of his Center

The curious thing about this move is that he is a better center than guard and the Skins already went out and got Lauvao so Kory could move to that position.

I want to see a guy come in that can replace Chester.

He is a $3M hit on the cap and my be no better than a vet minimum player at 31.

Maybe, but I thought the idea was to move the undersized #78 inside and then have him tandem block.

At 284 he is giving up 50 pounds to some of the DL on the other side.

But it could very well be the case that Chester is the real weak point on the line now that Montgomery is gone.

Maybe, but I thought the idea was to move the undersized #78 inside and then have him tandem block.

At 284 he is giving up 50 pounds to some of the DL on the other side.

But it could very well be the case that Chester is the real weak point on the line now that Montgomery is gone.

Or they have their eye on a G and Lich is depth... whether it be in the draft or a FA name we haven't even seen yet.... not to mention, were not going to solve ALL of our problems this year. There very well could be a guy in next years draft they're eyeballing. Now that we've apparently inked Clark and from everything i've heard are going after Jackson, both of those positions, at least for this year, might be a lot more solid tomorrow then they were yesterday.

If the Redskins are going to sign Desean Jackson it would seem to me the $3M cap hit for Chester and the larger hit for Bowen may spell the end of their days here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.