• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins.com: Final Games 'A Great Opportunity' For Redskins

BGO

With their final three games of the 2014 season consisting of battles against NFC East opponents, the Washington Redskins hope to make their mark in the division.

More...

This is some delusional shit right here. Maybe we need to fire some of the Redskins.com writers while we're at it! The Redskins 'still have a chance to finish near the top of the division'???!!!!! Really??

That should read "Redskins Final Games A Great Opportunity for Area ABC Stores"...

This is some delusional shit right here. Maybe we need to fire some of the Redskins.com writers while we're at it! The Redskins 'still have a chance to finish near the top of the division'???!!!!! Really??

Would you deviate from the "Party Line" coming out of Ashburn?

Unless, of course, you had an offer in hand for better position elsewhere.

No - but that propaganda would make Stalin himself proud!

We are clearly facing 0-3.

Anything else will be a surprise.

if Griffin starts I don't expect to see this team come out and compete.

He was not a popular guy anyway, but after falling off the pedestal performance-wise, I think the players have 'Griffin fatigue'.

Imagine being on a team where everything is about a guy that didn't play half the season and is 0-4 when he does get on the field.

Aren't you just full of sunshine and rainbows.

Wow.

Well, I know after spending the last 3-4 months listening to 'all about Robert' in the news media and from the team I am suffering some symptoms of Griffin fatigue.

There wasn't this much ink spilled after Riggins went for 166 yards in a game that actually mattered to the franchise.

Has nothing to do with the coach...at all. Let's blame Robert. For everything.

Hell..he can't even punt on his own right!

Well, I know after spending the last 3-4 months listening to 'all about Robert' in the news media and from the team I am suffering some symptoms of Griffin fatigue.

There wasn't this much ink spilled after Riggins went for 166 yards in a game that actually mattered to the franchise.

Given that they no longer need ink....

Any comments on how things are reported now versus then is a complete apples versus oranges comparison. Different era, it's irrelevant.

What isn't irrelevant is that the focus for the past two years has been more on Griffin and every little turn in his life than in the team, winning games, etc.

For a guy that hasn't won a game since last Oct/Nov (?), it's another example of the circus in action.

That's the media's fault. He's living his life the best way he can. If his coach decides to read his tweets in front of the team it's on the coach.

What isn't irrelevant is that the focus for the past two years has been more on Griffin and every little turn in his life than in the team, winning games, etc.

For a guy that hasn't won a game since last Oct/Nov (?), it's another example of the circus in action.

I agree that this sort of thing is a problem. My nit to pick with your stance is that it's his fault. My entire point is that the culture surrounding the sport is so different now, that no comparisons as far as media exposure can be made. It's apples and oranges.

I don't like the way they focus either, but the 24 hour media cycle demands sacrifices. People's insatiable curiosity about celebrities lives doesn't help, but it does drive profits. Until we stop reading it en masse, we will keep hearing about how he pet his dog yesterday, and what that means for the team going forward.

Whatever. Who do you want to blame for Grif becoming a "coach killer"? He's two for two and on his way to Micahle Vick levels.

You mean Shanahan who gave up on the team and benched Griffin? Griffin was quiet then.

Or gruden who has benched Griffin and now threatening the entire team? Griffin has been quiet again.

Whatever. Who do you want to blame for Grif becoming a "coach killer"? He's two for two and on his way to Micahle Vick levels.

All I have to say when people say this is correlation is not causation. Griffin's dad pissed me off most of last year's offseason/pre-season, and Griffin has not performed well the past 2 years. But to call him a coach killer with no evidence seems like an agenda more than an observation.

Maybe Griffin is whispering in Snyder's ear, and undermining everything. It is a possibility. However, there is no evidence to substantiate that claim, other than the fact that Snyder did nice things for him, like he has for any star player. We haven't had one report of Snyder meddling, other than people who say it must be happening because he used to.

I just prefer to wait for evidence before condemning is all. Other reactions are feeding into the news cycle garbage I despise, so I don't do them.

Dan Snyder... it ain't Griffin doing it. Even if Griffin (not saying that I think he his) is running to Snyder with complaints, Snyder is the executive here. Griffin is Griffin... If Snyder wants to mow down coaches because they are trying to make decisions, that's not on Griff.

All of this is predicated on if Gruden gets canned this offseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.