• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins @ Bucs Studs & Duds

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Studs

Robert Griffin III. Gush. That's all.

London Fletcher. For being the one guy on this team you can always rely on to make a tackle instead of a muffed push or shoulder bump.

The Bucs home crew for cutting off Griff's communications on that final drive so the Shannahans couldn't lose the game for us again.

Duds

Jim Haslett and his prevent defense and zone coverage that I wish he'd shove up his ass for safe keeping when he's pushed out of town.

DeAngelo Hall. An interception he got by accident, that Carlos Rogers could have caught when he was here, does not take away from the fact his pathetic attempt at coverage almost cost us the game. Again. Big shocker.

Both

Billy Cundiff. Make the short ones early on, and you don't have to deal with the high pressure kicks at the end.

Actually I thought Hall played one of his better games. I wish he'd keep his mouth shut and just play, though.

Actually I thought Hall played one of his better games. I wish he'd keep his mouth shut and just play, though.

Agreed. Even the one over the top to Jackson it looked (to me) that Hall had about the best coverage you can expect, Freeman just put the ball in the perfect spot.

Yeah, Vincent is tall. I mean, not MIX tall, but tall nonetheless. That was a well thrown ball. Hall played well. Plenty of other games to bitch at him about.

Haslett can go straight to the unemployment line however.

Hall did play a good game in the first half. He was cutting down receivers on the quick screen for minimal gains and was defending passes well, again...in the short to medium range.

The second half he was asked to do what he is not really capable of doing, defending a top quality NFL receiver on a long pattern. Twice he got burned by Vincent Jackson late in the game because he was asked to do what he is incapable of doing. However, given the time Josh Freeman had in the 2nd half drives with Haslett dialing down the pressure, it's not much of a surprise Freeman was throwing such a pretty pass. In the first half, with defenders in his face, Freeman was missing the wide open receiver consistently.

And one other thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned. What happened to Rob Jackson i the second half? We really can't rely on Chris Wilson rushing on the edge opposite Ryan Kerrigan. Poor Ryan was double teamed much of the second half and still made huge plays. But, where was Jackson?

Studs

Robert Griffin III. Gush. That's all.

London Fletcher. For being the one guy on this team you can always rely on to make a tackle instead of a muffed push or shoulder bump.

The Bucs home crew for cutting off Griff's communications on that final drive so the Shannahans couldn't lose the game for us again.

Alfred Morris, anyone ?

Without him - we lose the game, plain and simple.

Alfred Morris, anyone ?

Without him - we lose the game, plain and simple.

Yes. Very good point. The fact that we have two rookies performing like this is amazing. Morris loked better on blitz pickups too yesterday, I noticed him slowing the rush down or even stoning it completely a couple of times.

The talking heads on both 980 and 106.7 are heaping praise on Trent Williams for playing hurt and doing a decent job of it. I don't know how hurt he was but I do think, considering the drop-off with him out of the lineup, we should not take that for granted. Especially considering how much grief we usually give him for being flakey.

Hall playing better than Hall coverage for a half isn't enough to say he had a good game to me. I watch everything. On 4 different occasions, he shoved a guy well after the play, he lowered his head for a helmet to helmet hit twice, and he twice hit/put hands in a guys face. He could have been flagged for every one of these, and it amazes me they were all missed, because they were all senseless and idiotic decisions that can hurt the team. MeAngelo doesn't care about the team at all, and things like this that he does every week are proof of that.

Playing one good half of football, and getting a gimme interception for me isn't enough to counteract a half of horrible coverage, laying on the ground as big plays blew by, giving up a TD, nearly giving up a couple more, missing multiple tackles, and all around stupidity.

I also hate that if someone is so much as 2 yards past him, he makes no effort to run them down at all. He immediately pulls up and goes into his patented D. Hall watch the TD trot.

Both Hall and Wilson seemed to make extra efforts to steal the balls out of the receivers' hands after they were caught, and that caught my eye. Apparently, their pre-game statements about being embarrassed the previous games used as motivation to play with a chip on their shoulder, held some truth to it.

A "Studs" list without Alfred Morris is ridiculous. Methinks the OP doesn't want to admit they were wrong about our 6th-round wunderkind. :)

I wasn't wrong. Alfred Morris up the middle for 2 doesn't impress me. He had one great run, I'll give him that. But take that one run away and he has what, 65 yards give or take?

Still not impressed. And excluding injuries obviously, I believe he should be number 3 on the depth chart, because he is inferior in talent to both Royster and Helu.

Trust me, when I think he's accomplished something noteworthy, I'll mention it. I don't mind eating crow, I relish in the opportunity. But so far, I feel I'm right about him. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he could just be a product of ****ty playcalling.

Well, some people also like to argue just to argue (takes one to know one).

You keep on campaigning for Royster & Helu (who's on IR, by the way), and the rest of us will keep laughing at you as Morris destroys defenses. :)

Well, some people also like to argue just to argue (takes one to know one).

You keep on campaigning for Royster & Helu (who's on IR, by the way), and the rest of us will keep laughing at you as Morris destroys defenses. :)
I am well aware he's on IR, or did you intentionally skip over the part where I said excluding injuries?

And for a guy who has one run making the difference between an 80 ypg average and a 90 ypg average and completely skewing his statistics, you are sure dumping an awful lot of praise on him. Until he is outrunning our QB, he isn't even the best rushing rookie on the team.

As far as destroying defenses.......pffffffffft, you have a very soft definition of destroying defenses, he has done nothing of the sort.

Not sure how you're not impressed with Morris, Ex? I will admit I wasn't fully impressed against the Saints, but last week especially he showed an uncanny ability to make people miss. He's not Chris Johnson's speed, but he's fast enough, built like a tank and can make folks miss. And I effing LOVE the fact that the first guy who touches him NEVER tackles him.

Kid is impressing me. A lot.

Griffin and Morris playing the way have despite not getting much help by the Oline is even more impressive. Morris especially, has had to make yards after contact and I am not easily impressed, I am even somewhat of a pessimist and I think Morris has been huge.

And for a guy who has one run making the difference between an 80 ypg average and a 90 ypg average and completely skewing his statistics, you are sure dumping an awful lot of praise on him. Until he is outrunning our QB, he isn't even the best rushing rookie on the team.

So, you want to play the 'well he shouldn't have gotten this run, so we'll take it out of his statistics to prove my point' game?

Well, take away his 39-yarder and he's still on pace for 1350 yards and 12 TDs. I'll take that from a 6th-round rookie all day, every day. With it, he's on pace for 1500 yards and 16TDs! And you still think he should be benched! Suit yourself, I guess...

As far as destroying defenses.......pffffffffft, you have a very soft definition of destroying defenses, he has done nothing of the sort.

He never goes down on the first hit, and generally falls forward. He's had very small running lanes to work with, and is still grinding it out. Most importantly:

Morris did it against Tampa Bay, which had allowed only 142 rushing yards through the first three games and was ranked first in the NFL against the run.

He did it against a swarming run defense. He punished Tampa defenders, over and over.

I wasn't wrong. Alfred Morris up the middle for 2 doesn't impress me. He had one great run, I'll give him that. But take that one run away and he has what, 65 yards give or take?

As I mentioned in another thread. If you take away that run (which, of course is silly, but what the hell) Morris still runs for 74 yards, which would still be more yards against the Bucs than any other RB this season. His ypc average would still be a yard higher than the Bucs had given up against any other team this season.

That's without the 39-yarder.

And you can't just not count that, by the way. That would be like me saying Hall played a great game if you don't count the TD he gave up. I have a feeling you'd laugh out loud if someone suggested that. :)

The Bucs are a pretty darn good run-defending team and Morris shredded them. For the season he's third in carries, fifth in yards per game, first in TDs and fourth in runs for over 20 yards. In other words, he's a workhorse who breaks a lot of big runs and scores a lot of TDs. If he keeps this up he'll be a shoo-in for the pro-bowl. And this with a swiss cheese OL. I'm not sure what more you want from the guy.

As I mentioned in another thread. If you take away that run (which, of course is silly, but what the hell) Morris still runs for 74 yards, which would still be more yards against the Bucs than any other RB this season. His ypc average would still be a yard higher than the Bucs had given up against any other team this season.

That's without the 39-yarder.

And you can't just not count that, by the way. That would be like me saying Hall played a great game if you don't count the TD he gave up. I have a feeling you'd laugh out loud if someone suggested that. :)

The Bucs are a pretty darn good run-defending team and Morris shredded them. For the season he's third in carries, fifth in yards per game, first in TDs and fourth in runs for over 20 yards. In other words, he's a workhorse who breaks a lot of big runs and scores a lot of TDs. If he keeps this up he'll be a shoo-in for the pro-bowl. And this with a swiss cheese OL. I'm not sure what more you want from the guy.

I cannot wait to see this kid behind a real offensive line. Dare I say it: Terrell Davis type numbers? I don't see why not...if he's doing what he's doing without any real holes, imagine what he would do behind a line opening up lanes for him? I get excited just thinking about it.

To be fair our line did, at times, give him some nice holes. On that 39-yarder for example the line did it's job and allowed Morris to get up a head of steam before anyone laid a hand on him. That said, once he gets going he's a tough SOB to bring down. I really like how his body seems to compact itself as he picks up speed. :)

And he does have a nice top gear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.