• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Announce Coaching Staff

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
January 15, 2020

REDSKINS ANNOUNCE COACHING STAFF

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following changes to the coaching staff:

08DBA090-41BD-4EBE-B987-81C082635303.jpg

For full press releases for each of the coaching additions, please go to https://redskins.1rmg.com/press-releases/.

-REDSKINS-

So the rumor about Cooley was wrong? He's not a quality control whatever the ****?

Good God no. I liked Cooley fine as a player but he's the snarkiest adult I've ever met, not a fan of his personality. I'm glad that was just a stupid Twitter rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooley at 38 or 40 wouldn't be coming into the organization as a quality control assistant. He has said all along he wanted to work in personnel.

I doubt with Rivera now in charge that another 'Friend of Danny' is going to be invited into the building - it was just fumigated :laugh:

Cooley at 38 or 40 wouldn't be coming into the organization as a quality control assistant. He has said all along he wanted to work in personnel.

I doubt with Rivera now in charge that another 'Friend of Danny' is going to be invited into the building - it was just fumigated :laugh:

That's exactly right. Save Doug Williams and Kyle Smith they did an absolute purge - which I love.

Hopefully, we won't see Clinton Portis or Santana Moss walking around with Snyder giving advice either. That was another thing I really grew tired of :hammer:

Hopefully, we won't see Clinton Portis or Santana Moss walking around with Snyder giving advice either. That was another thing I really grew tired of :hammer:

Unless CP is put in charge the the medical staff or medical equipment procurement...

I wasn't advocating for Cooley, just asking if he'd been added...to me it would have been Snyder getting to keep at least one of his shiny toys.

Rivera is watching the people allowed access to Snyder at Redskins Park.

I loved Cooley as a player, but he's just OK on the radio. But I think the fact that he has been in a locker room and has been in coaching meetings has fans thinking he is this end all be all of football knowledge. I've listened to him breakdown games and he knows more football than I do. But sometimes he would say things that didn't match up with what my eyes saw and then I heard him ranting about some players later and I realized his breakdowns include a good bit of bias. And that's fine. He can do what he wants. That's his job and he probably gets paid to be biased because that's more fun. But the issue I see is that some fans take every word he says as the 100% truth. There is nothing else that should have or could have happened. If Cooley said it, then it must be true. My thought is that if he was really that good, then he'd have a job in an organization. Maybe he gets a job down the line and shows he is good at this stuff. But for now, I take everything he says with a grain of salt, like I do with most every other talking head. He's right some times and I'm not going to act like he's always wrong. But just because he's been in meetings and can throw out terms used in locker rooms and team meetings doesn't make him smarter than everyone else.

Cooley on the radio reminds me of Jason Bateman's character on Dodgeball doing pretty much the exact same job during the tournament at the end... :congratulatory:

Cooley is a commentator. He has not put in the time to go into scouting or front office work at various levels before coming to the NFL to earn it.

So, as a commentator he is 'informed' by being a former player about things we don't see, but he is not an established or recognized personnel evaluator.

Prior to the 2019 season, the Panthers ranked third in rushing (16,982 yards) and second in rushing touchdowns (138) since Matsko joined the team. Four of the top six seasons in rushing average has come with Matsko leading the offensive line, and in 2018, the team led the NFL with a 5.1 rushing average.

Unless CP is put in charge the the medical staff or medical equipment procurement...

About the only way I'd put CP on the coaching staff is if there's a RB blocking coach needed.

There's a significant possibility that Portis is going to do prison time for his supposed involvement (along with former Redskins Robert McCune and Carlos Rogers) in a Medicare fraud scam. That's what ntotoro is having some fun with.

Yeah - fans on Twitter seem enthralled by the idea of former players being on the coaching staff or in the front office.

I have an idea.

If we want some former players to be on the coaching staff or in the front office - let's find some who didn't spend their careers playing for a hapless failure of a franchise :)

There's a significant possibility that Portis is going to do prison time for his supposed involvement (along with former Redskins Robert McCune and Carlos Rogers) in a Medicare fraud scam. That's what ntotoro is having some fun with.

Yeah - fans on Twitter seem enthralled by the idea of former players being on the coaching staff or in the front office.

I have an idea.

If we want some former players to be on the coaching staff or in the front office - let's find some who didn't spend their careers playing for a hapless failure of a franchise :)

Better yet...let's make former NFL players the Head Coach. Sorry....couldn't resist!

Like any of us are qualified to judge Cooley; anymore than we would accept his judging us in our professional lives.

Jeez....gimme a break.

I have nothing against Cooley getting into coaching (or any former player for that matter). But the guys that do it successfully start at the bottom, learn, and progress from there. Some fans seem to think knowing how to play equates to knowing how to coach and instruct. There have literally been people on social media advocating for Cooley as an OC and even GM - which of course is just insane. That's not Cooley's fault.

My own opinions on Cooley aren't related to ability per so, he's a very smart guy. But I've been around him, seen his snarky, arrogant act and how he treats other people. I've also seen things that call his character into question (I'm not going to go into specifics about that). I'm just not a fan of what I've seen. But your point is well taken as none of us really know these guys.

On that I agree Boone: start at the bottom and establish a track record - for anyone. I'll forgo, ahem, a reference to our new OC. The beauty of no real sustained record is precisely that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.