• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Alternate Uniforms

Yeah dude, where you been? Detroit & Dallas have hosted Thanksgiving games for forever.

I'm aware of Dallas and Detroit getting all the games, I was just pointing out that Dallas vs. Us, used to be a tradition, that hasn't happened in a long time, so I was excited to see it back on schedule this year.

I'm aware of Dallas and Detroit getting all the games, I was just pointing out that Dallas vs. Us, used to be a tradition, that hasn't happened in a long time, so I was excited to see it back on schedule this year.

You said it seemed like it is ALWAYS in Dallas...that's because it is. :)

yeah i definitely don't want the TG game vs dallas played in DC.
I'd rather eat thanksgiving at home with my family.

i'm curious how many claiming they want it in DC actually have tickets?

yeah i definitely don't want the TG game vs dallas played in DC.
I'd rather eat thanksgiving at home with my family.

i'm curious how many claiming they want it in DC actually have tickets?

I would have LOVED to have gone to a Turkey Day game back when I still lived in NoVa and had season tickets. Nowadays I'm not so sure.

If I eat BEFORE the game, I'm sure to have an upset stomach. If I eat AFTER the game, my appetite would likely be spoiled. We don't have a good history of Turkey Day games......unless we were playing in Detroit.

Getting back to the unis......the close up of the helmet is pretty cool. Makes me think of Leatherheads. :)

Attachments

• Redskins_Helmet_medium.jpg
    Redskins_Helmet_medium.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 121
I would have LOVED to have gone to a Turkey Day game back when I still lived in NoVa and had season tickets. Nowadays I'm not so sure.

If I eat BEFORE the game, I'm sure to have an upset stomach. If I eat AFTER the game, my appetite would likely be spoiled. We don't have a good history of Turkey Day games......unless we were playing in Detroit.
Yeah it would be fun once. On a regular basis it would suck. Basically don't get thanksgiving because you're not going to miss the cowboys game.

Also the helmet is awesome. I love the uniform

Worst Thanksgiving of my life! Or the best if you guys remember, this was the day my father instilled in me the Obsession I have for the Redskins.

"Clint Longley is probably best remembered for his performance in a Thanksgiving Day game in 1974 for the Cowboys against the Washington Redskins. Longley, then a rookie, came into the game for an injured Roger Staubach with the Cowboys trailing 16-3 in the third quarter. He hit Billy Joe Dupree for a 35-yard touchdown pass. He led the Cowboys on a 70-yard drive capped by a 1-yard Walt Garrison touchdown run. And then, with the Cowboys behind 23-17 and with only 28 seconds left with no time outs, Longley hit Drew Pearson down the middle for a 50-yard touchdown pass which gave the Cowboys a dramatic 24-23 victory."

Post #187 might explain things a little clearer to some who may not have read it before.

http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=1118&page=13

Gotta agree El. How Safely Ken Stone let Drew Pearson get past him with that much time left, I'll never know.

A few years ago, I was corresponding with former Cowboy Pat Toomay, who happened to go to the same high school I went to (Edison) and knew my older sister. He was a college teammate of Ken Stone at Vanderbilt.

He told me Stoney's excuse was "he got a late jump" and Pearson was by him before he knew it and Longley just laid it in there perfectly. I told him, if he ever spoke to Stone again to tell him I'll never forgive Stone for that blunder. Pat laughed and said I wasn't alone. When it comes to the Cowboys, Redskins fans seem to have long memories.

Ain't it the truth.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqXz7xNrBtM&feature=related[/media]

Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins was never a Thanksgiving Day tradition. Washington has only played on Thanksgiving 4 times since Dallas came into the league (in 1973 vs. Detroit, and 1978, 1990, and 2002 vs Dallas). So we've played them every 12 years on Thanksgiving. Hardly a tradition. And we've lost every Thanksgiving game we've played against them. I'm not sure why people would be psyched about it.

Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins was never a Thanksgiving Day tradition. Washington has only played on Thanksgiving 4 times since Dallas came into the league (in 1973 vs. Detroit, and 1978, 1990, and 2002 vs Dallas). So we've played them every 12 years on Thanksgiving. Hardly a tradition. And we've lost every Thanksgiving game we've played against them. I'm not sure why people would be psyched about it.

Well it's a tradition compared to the majority of teams in the league.
Without checking the history, I'd venture to say, the majority of NFL teams have never played a single TG game ! :laugh:

I love the unis, but apparently I'm in the minority on that :)

Could be worse, look at the Packers throwbacks from last season :puke:

The Steelers throwbacks were the worst in the NFL.

When they played the Bengals the game was almost unwatchable.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Pretty sweet! Finaly a throwback form the leather helmet era that does not look fugly when it is on a modern day jersey. Does anyone know when the go on sale?

Old saying that I try to live by: "A man with the facts is never at the mercy of a man with a theory."

1) how are facts defined?

2) are all facts empirically measurable?

3) how are facts explained?

just having fun. it should be clear in the information age that there are a gazillion "facts" that are disputed. and many that are accepted are interpreted quite differently. knowledge comes from explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.