• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Agree to Terms with Kirk Cousins

For Immediate Release
May 31, 2012

REDSKINS SIGN FOURTH-ROUND PICK KIRK COUSINS

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed 2012 fourth-round draft pick quarterback Kirk Cousins (102nd overall). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Cousins (6-3, 214) played collegiately at Michigan State, where he appeared in 45 games, starting 39 of his last 40. For his collegiate career, he completed 723-of-1,128 passes (64.1 percent) for 9,131 yards with a school-record 66 touchdown passes. In addition, he established a Michigan State career record with a 146.08 pass efficiency rating. A three-year team captain, Cousins was only the second player in Spartan history to be named team captain as a sophomore and the first since 1949 to earn that honor. Academically, Cousins is one of only 16 players in Michigan State history to earn Academic All-Big Ten Conference honors during all four collegiate seasons.

Cousins, 23, was born on Aug. 19, 1988. He attended Holland Christian H.S. in Holland, Mich., where he earned All-Ottawa-Kent Conference honors in football, basketball and baseball. In 2006, Cousins was an All-State and Academic All-State honorable mention choice by the Michigan High School Football Coaches Association, setting 35 school game-, season- and career-records en route to being named Area Player of the Year.

Beck is off the team and he was the one qb that simply didn't have NFL skills. It's a shame we had to go through an entire season of agony and 3 starts from hell for that to be borne out in front of the entire league.

The fact Beck, a failure in Miami and a waiver wire pickup by the Ravens, ended up on the field for the Redskins is something I will never understand.

At least with Grossman he has an NFL arm, although his judgment on the field is deficient.

He's saying the Ravens picked him up off of waivers from the Dolphins.

Got me there. A little closer attention, would have avoided my mis-understanding on that.

Back on the subject, the fact that we only had to give up Doug Dutch for Beck, had to be somewhat of a foreshadowing of the quality of player we were getting in return from the Ravens :)

I am wondering if it isn't beneficial to sign Griff now because it would cut into his hours at Redskins Park, why sign Cousins now? Certainly he could also use the extra time at the complex with the coaches, sitting right next to Griff, or so I would think.

I am wondering if it isn't beneficial to sign Griff now because it would cut into his hours at Redskins Park, why sign Cousins now? Certainly he could also use the extra time at the complex with the coaches, sitting right next to Griff, or so I would think.

I could be wrong, but I think its because Griffin is a Junior and Cousins is a Senior, therefore they don't have the same limitations placed on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.