• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins' 2011 Schedule

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive?module=HP_cp3#/team=WAS

Well, provided the Lock Out is resolved, here it is.

I do have one issue with opening day games: Why are the Cowboys playing in NYC in Primetime to memorialize 9/11? I like that the Giants are coming to DC, it serves both areas that were directly attacked that day, but Dallas playing the Jets?

Edit: The last 5 games could be pretty rough way to end the season, Jets and Pats at Home, Giants and Philly away and we'll see how the Vikings look by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Yeah, the last part is a nutbuster, but overall the scedule is much better than last year

The last 6 games are tough....no matter how bad Seattle is, playing at Qwest is a tough proposition.

Unfortunately, I can see this season being the end for Shanahan - they will start out 7-3 or 6-4, and hopes will be high. Then they'll finish 1-5 or 0-6 and Snyder will lose patience and can him. Then he'll hire Vinny Cerrato as head coach/GM and we'll go back to being a huge laughing stock.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, LL. That's a tough sked for anyone, and we all know as fans our hopes tend to get raised artificially sometimes.

I swear to you though, I honestly don't know what will happen if Vinny is brought anywhere near Redskins Park. It will get ugly if it were to happen.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

hey...set low expctations and you won't be disappointed.

this will be our Andrew Luck season. work the other patrs into place.

I do have one issue with opening day games: Why are the Cowboys playing in NYC in Primetime to memorialize 9/11? I like that the Giants are coming to DC, it serves both areas that were directly attacked that day, but Dallas playing the Jets?

Well, they are letting a NY team start at home, and.......they have to play somebody? Who else would you have the Jets play (besides maybe have had them play the Giants, as was rumored initially) to commemorate 9/11?

Well, they are letting a NY team start at home, and.......they have to play somebody? Who else would you have the Jets play (besides maybe have had them play the Giants, as was rumored initially) to commemorate 9/11?

Pittsburgh, since Shanksville is only about 60-70 miles away? That would make more sense than a team coming off a terrible season that had no more direct connection with 9/11 than the other 28 teams they could have chosen. But Hey, Dallas is America's Team...isn't it?

I see winning 6, maybe 7 games

I got 6 on a stretch. Grossman behind center doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I see Shanahan getting couple more years to put his system in place. If we fire Shanahan after next season and bring a back Vinny, then I'm done.

This is a very favorable schedule. Two games to start the season at home is a good thing - can build some early confidence.

Week four at the Rams - Coach Shanahan rarely makes the same mistake twice. We can take this game and avoid a surprise like last season.

Getting the Eagles after a bye is certainly a positive.

Playing Carolina should help and playing Buffalo in Canada is certainly a positive - seven road games and one that is semi-neutral.

Playing the AFC East is a tough draw, but we ended up with the best scenario. The two best teams in that division (Jets and Patriots) are home games. The two easier teams in that division will be on the road - with Buffalo being semi-neutral.

We could steal one in Seattle - they are not as strong as they have been in recent years.

I think we will be much more competitive in our own division - last year was a step in the right direction.

Eight is very doable and nine is not out of the question. Have no concerns about Vinny returning - and Coach Shanahan is going to be here for a long while.

This is a very favorable schedule. Two games to start the season at home is a good thing - can build some early confidence.

Week four at the Rams - Coach Shanahan rarely makes the same mistake twice. We can take this game and avoid a surprise like last season.

Getting the Eagles after a bye is certainly a positive.

Playing Carolina should help and playing Buffalo in Canada is certainly a positive - seven road games and one that is semi-neutral.

Playing the AFC East is a tough draw, but we ended up with the best scenario. The two best teams in that division (Jets and Patriots) are home games. The two easier teams in that division will be on the road - with Buffalo being semi-neutral.

We could steal one in Seattle - they are not as strong as they have been in recent years.

I think we will be much more competitive in our own division - last year was a step in the right direction.

Eight is very doable and nine is not out of the question. Have no concerns about Vinny returning - and Coach Shanahan is going to be here for a long while.

I agree with all of this, but I want to remind you the blowout the Eagles handed us last year was after our Bye. :cry:

Pittsburgh, since Shanksville is only about 60-70 miles away? That would make more sense than a team coming off a terrible season that had no more direct connection with 9/11 than the other 28 teams they could have chosen. But Hey, Dallas is America's Team...isn't it?

Only problem with that is the Steelers aren't on the Jets schedule this season.

I see winning 6, maybe 7 games

I really WANT to be optimistic but I have to agree with Sarge. This darn 3-4 will probably take another year to get the right pieces in it and Sexy Rexy just ain't sexy enough to lead us to a winning record, especially when his weapons are limited.

Here's how I see it as of today:

Giants in FedEx, historically bad against the gmen period for the past 5 years plus, I would've rather started on the rad to begin the season if we had to play the Giants, atleast get the pain out of the way early. Giants win by 13

Cardinals in FedEx - depends on who the QB is for the Cards and if they manage to upgrade their defense, I see a close win but trailing for some of it. Skins by 6

Cowboys away -This is a toss up game, we tend to play the Boys close regardless of stadium but I have bad vibes this early on in the season for this match up away. Cowboys by 9 with a 2 lead changes.

Rams away - The Rams made a run of a weak division last year are were a win away from the playoffs. The continued development of Bradford against a defense that was abysmal last year becomes treacherous for us. Rams by 7

Bye - so at the bye I see us at 1-3, I see an ugly start to the season

Eagles in FedEx - A week of dissecting plays, thinking of new schemes and angles to correct issues we come out ready to play. Then proceed squeak by like a fart in church for the win. Skins by 3 with under 20 seconds to play

Panthers away - A thought: Detroit 2009 - Skins go up by 10 with 4 minutes to go, our defense then implodes like a mortgage backed security and the depression sets in. Panthers by 4

Bills away - I simply just see this as a win, if it was in Buffalo I might rethink it but I always feel these are away games for the Bills as well. Skins by 10

49er's in FedEx - The 9er's sorta of remind me of a the west coast Skins. Every now and then they'll play well for a 3 games stretch, maybe 5 but in the end they revert to what they do best. Causing fans to ponder when does being a fan actually make you a sadist? Skins win by 9 but it's ugly

Dolphins away - In Miami so I'll probably make the trip if not at least for the night before so I can enjoy the scenery and atmosphere.....oh yeah and breasts. For once we take control of the game early and win without the anxiety and we drink in celebration instead of easing the pain. Skins by 10

Cowboys in FedEx - Another toss up but the Cowboys split with us. Both teams proceed to play mistake free football but not score many points....HA, it's turnover city for both teams and we win 19-13. Aikman talks about how we miss CP's blocking, Joe Buck continues to suckle Jerry's balls like an infant calf.

Seattle away - We play a game we should win but late turnovers cost us the game. Seattle by 6

Jets in FedEx - A hunch, we win this, the Jets overlook us and play an awful game. Rex Ryan afterwards states "We played like sh**balls on a stick of butter". We all wonder what kind of butter Rex Ryan has been eating. Skins by 6

Patriots in FedEx - The Patriots are announced as a team, play as a team. Skins atleast get dressed. Patriots by 23

Giants away - Giants are in playoff hunt, we are mathematically still in it. It's close at half, then in the 3rd quarter gets away from us. In the 4th quarter we're down by 17, thoughts of "atleast were .500" begin. Giants by 14

Vikings in FedEx - McNabb(speculation he won't be back) back in DC, the hype is incredible, considering he played in Washington for one whopping season. Vikings are picked across the board by pundits to win easily. However, our defense knows his weakness, "he's not really that good anymore". Skins by 9

Eagles away - This is the game I hate, a pick to win puts the Skins at 9-7 and possibly but only possibly in the wild card. A loss means what I feel this team will end up doing. Finishing 7-9 with progress in a few areas but still so many holes to fill. Eagles by 14

That took a hell of a lot longer to do then I estimated.

What a bunch of candy-ass prognosticators.

Giants at home - Win. Goober Manning sacked 6 times, fumbles twice.
Cardinals at home - Win. Favre/McNabb picked twice by Skins surprising D.
Cowpies in Brokeback Nation - Win. Makes them 0-3. Red Jesus in deep doodoo.
Rams in St. Louis - Win. We do to Bradford, this time, what we should have last time.
Bye - Everybody talking about the D. "Who are those guys?"
Eagles at home - Win. Vick not playing, already injured. Kolb gone.
Panthers in Carolina - Win. New coach, new QB, no chance.
Bills in Canada - Win. First shut out of the season for the D.
49ers at home - Win. Second shut out of the season.
Dolphins in Miami - Loss. "Damn it!"
Cowgirls at home - Win. Pissed over Dolphin loss, we thump'em by 30+
Seagulls in Artificial Noise Stadium - Loss. Big letdown after the beatdown.
Jets at home - Tie. We out field goal them 15-9.
Patriots at home - Win. Brady a sitting duck for our league tying sack machine.
Giants in NY - Loss. Goddamn it why do we always play like **** up there?
Vikings at home - Win. Third shut out of the season.
Eagles in Penitentiary Stadium - Win. Vick under suspension. Reid's last game.

Home field throughout the playoffs.

Lombardi #4 for us.

Adam Schefter has an interesting article on ESPN about the schedule. He sees where if season delayed we can still get all 16 games in. According to his research, all the teams that play in week three share the same by week, so those games are easily rescheduled.

Plus can do away with week between Championship games and Super Bowl, plus push Super Bowl back a week.

There will be a full season, and it will start on time.

No way either side wants to have 9/11 games cancelled.

No way.

There will be a full season, and it will start on time.

No way either side wants to have 9/11 games cancelled.

No way.

Good point...I didn't even think about that. Would leave a bad taste in a lot of fans' mouths.

Looking at the schedule, I honestly only see 7 wins if I'm being completely realistic. If I'm being a homer, I still see no more than 9 wins.

Either way, I don't see us making the playoffs again until next year at the earliest. It's a sad reality, but it will take a lot of changes for this team to win any time soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.