• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Records show agents fired beanbags in fatal border gunfight

I think it is time to send National Guard troops down there to protect our borders. I mean...isn't that what the National Guard is for? We need a show of real American force. Not that Border Patrol is incompetent, but they appear to be out manned.

We are talking about war down there that is spilling over our borders. There were over 3,000 homicides in the border town of Juarez alone last year. February 2011 saw a 40% rise in the homicide rate from the same month just a year ago. A few agents crossing into Mexico will not cut the bill. I would not be opposed to sending black ops across the border, either, to systematically remove the top players in these organizations.

The Hispanic vote is obviously a lot more powerful than I imagined. I can't think of any other reason the President will not send National Guard troops. This is no longer about illegal immigration! It is about the protection of our border from violent drug wars! We may not need a fence along the entire Mexican Border, but we sure do need a presence. Put the National Guard down there for at least one year, a little shock and awe!

barney_fife.jpg

The documents say the group of illegal border entrants refused commands to drop their weapons after agents confronted them at about 11:15 p.m. Two agents fired beanbags at the migrants, who responded with gunfire. Two agents returned fire, one with a long gun and one with a pistol, but Terry was mortally wounded in the gunfight.

To be fair, it doesn't sound like the agents are armed ONLY with beanbag guns. They probably have orders to use non-lethal force if possible. I agree that that policy should be re-examined if they are facing obviously armed suspects.

every time a border agent shoots someone with live rounds they end up getting convicted and sent to prison

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.