• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Reading Thread

One week until my kiddie book is out in the world! For any DC locals who are readers, I'll be at the Gaithersburg Book Festival on May 20. Now, I'm not really the reason to go. They have a huge number of best selling authors across all genres and nonfiction, but if you do come please say hi. It really is a pretty big deal. I was surprised. Last year 50,000 people attended the free one day event. It's so big they arrange a free bus to tote readers off from a nearby mall.

Despite my book being about a rain cloud, I really hope for perfect weather.

Edit: And if I'm going to be shameless I might as well name the book in case there are any parents or grandparents lurking ;)
Pitter Patty Finds Another Day
Amazon product ASIN 1954214316

Got mine today, Mrs SO is taking it to the God Daughter in two weeks. Good work, I found myself reading the entire thing, or maybe I'm just a big kid.

burgoldbook.jpg

Got mine today, Mrs SO is taking it to the God Daughter in two weeks. Good work, I found myself reading the entire thing, or maybe I'm just a big kid.

View attachment 6741

Thank you so much. And it makes my day that you enjoyed it!

Edit: And if you are the kind of person who reviews books please consider dropping a note on Goodreads or Amazon. I probably shouldn’t ask, but we’re friends and word of mouth is how books grow.

Time to revive…

I was only able to fit 4 books in my packing for Europe-

In The Blood- Jack Carr (book 5 in the Terminal List series)
Suspect- Scott Turow
California Fire and Life- Don Winslow
Shadows Reel- C.J. Box (book 22 in the Joe Pickett series)

New fodder-

Simply Lies- David Baldacci
City of Dreams- Don Winslow (continuation of City On Fire, Danny Ryan series)
Only the Dead- Jack Carr (book 6)

I'm behind on The Terminal List series. Have not read the latest one that came out in August.

Otherwise, I'm in study mode, reading beer-related books that would bore everyone.

I'm behind on The Terminal List series. Have not read the latest one that came out in August.

Otherwise, I'm in study mode, reading beer-related books that would bore everyone.
This current one is prescient as related to current events. Scarily so.

I used to be a rabid reader but I've just gotten away from it. Part of it is the time I spend on the site if I'm being honest. One of the things I'm most looking forward to in retirement in a couple years is all the books I'll have time to read. My wife is a constant reader.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.