• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Reading Thread

I know that all of you have been waiting with bated breath for an update, so I will ease your sufferingā€¦ šŸ˜‰

I recently finished The 6:20 Man by David Baldacci. Entertaining enough to be worth the time investment.

I also finished No Plan B, a Jack Reacher novel by Lee & Andrew Child. Typical Reacher fare that I think will be my last. Every book is exactly the same, the only thing that changes is the locale, the plot, and the surrounding characters.

I am currently reading Chasing the Dime by Michael Connelly, inarguably in my top 3 fiction writers of all time. This book, however, is an implausible story that I would call an amateurish attempt at crime writing. I didnā€™t realize that it was published 2002. So I guessed that it was a very early offering by the author and that he has vastly improved at his craft since. Then I realized that The Black Echo preceded itā€˜s release by 10 years, so I canā€™t explain why this novel is soā€¦wellā€¦disappointing.

I recently "discovered" the Tim Dorsey "Serge Storm" series and can't read them fast enough. If any of you are familiar with Carl Hiaasen, (I've read, and re-read all of his books), you'll love 'em. Dorsey's style is similiar. They are very funny and cleverly written.

I recently "discovered" the Tim Dorsey "Serge Storm" series and can't read them fast enough. If any of you are familiar with Carl Hiaasen, (I've read, and re-read all of his books), you'll love 'em. Dorsey's style is similiar. They are very funny and cleverly written.

I have always enjoyed the Hiaasen and Elmore Leonard style of story telling. Iā€™ll definitely check Dorsey out.

Edit: I ordered The Big Bamboo and No Sunscreen for the Dead. Looking forward to them.

Last edited:
It's real! My first kiddie book will be released on May 16. This is exciting. Who knows what will happen as it's a small press and the alchemy of popularity is something I've never really grasped, but my cloud will fly.

The story is about a lonely little rain cloud who is chased away, tries to change herself and goes from place to place unable to find a friend until she finally finds a place where she is accepted and loved and needed for who she is. The idea first came to me when I was in high school. There have been too many drafts and so much turbulence from then 'til now, but I can admit to you I teared up when I saw the illustrators realized vision of my story.

bkSBI1fNA0G6.jpeg

If curious, here's the link: https://www.dreampunkpress.com/2720...XxfwL04Dr0s6Vv2mQ5XCLsr-wBgvYf4nIldjydzvIxNvY

I have always enjoyed the Hiaasen and Elmore Leonard style of story telling. Iā€™ll definitely check Dorsey out.

Edit: I ordered The Big Bamboo and No Sunscreen for the Dead. Looking forward to them.
I'm almost done with The Big Bamboo and Tropic of Stupid is on deck., You will not be disappointed! They're fiendishly clever. Hiaasen & Dorsey even have the same cover artist for their books. I also like Dave Barry.

Iā€™m a Floridian so Hiaasen always hit well. Sounds like Dorsey will, too.

I recently finished Dark Sky by C.J. Box and The Wanted by Robert Crais. Now reading Out Of The Dark by Gregg Hurwitz.

Both Box and Hurwitz are new authors to me and I really like both.

I just started the only Neal Stephenson's novel that I haven't read. "Termination Shock" I was hooked, 10 pages in....

Getting ready to read 'The Escape Artist' by Jonathan Freedland. It's the story of Rudolf Vrba, the first Jew to escape from Auschwitz to warn the world about what was really going on in Nazi concentration camps. I've heard really good things about this one.

Latest update-

Finished Home & The Match (both by Harlen Coben) and currently reading Split Second by David Baldacci. I will probably finish it on the plane(s) tomorrow.

Iā€™m taking the following with me:

California Fire and Life- Don Winslow
In the Blood- Jack Carr
Suspect- Scott Turow
Shadows Reel- C.J. Box

I'm just into the 2nd book in Thomas Perry's "The Butcher's Boy" series, "Sleeping Dogs" and Don Winslow's "City of Dreams" is on deck.

One week until my kiddie book is out in the world! For any DC locals who are readers, I'll be at the Gaithersburg Book Festival on May 20. Now, I'm not really the reason to go. They have a huge number of best selling authors across all genres and nonfiction, but if you do come please say hi. It really is a pretty big deal. I was surprised. Last year 50,000 people attended the free one day event. It's so big they arrange a free bus to tote readers off from a nearby mall.

Despite my book being about a rain cloud, I really hope for perfect weather.

Edit: And if I'm going to be shameless I might as well name the book in case there are any parents or grandparents lurking ;)
Pitter Patty Finds Another Day
Amazon product ASIN 1954214316

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ā¤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.