• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

1610400487398.png

Opponents set for 2021 season.

This is going to be a hell of a tough schedule. With major impact upgrades we still likely struggle to win 10 games because of the schedule. Division winners play division winners. The only thing is that I was under the impression we would be going to a 17 game season... there are only 16 opponents here. I thought KC was the extra opponent because of the division win.

Home games are BRUTAL... Away games MUCH more manageable.... i do have to say in a season where you play Saints / Chiefs / Seahawks, to have all 3 at home is a hell of a lot better than having to play all 3 in their houses.

The WFT helmet and scheme is basic coloring but then again Alabama hasn't had any problem selling jerseys and winning championships sporting a basic color set.

The WFT helmet and scheme is basic coloring but then again Alabama hasn't had any problem selling jerseys and winning championships sporting a basic color set.

I'm not a huge fan of the Yellow numbers. I wish they were Burgundy with Yellow outline to match the numbering on the jerseys. I also am partial to the Grey facemask from the throwback helmets... I've posted it elsewhere but this would be my vote for helmet decals if we have numbers

Washington Landon Collins (2).png

plus i would guess the winning thing has more to do with Alabama selling gear than anything else.

You can't project schedules well in the NFL.

Too much changes from year to year, namely injuries and the pending cap cuts/trades due to COVID.

Drew Brees is retiring. We don't know who the QB for the Saints will be.

Will Matt Ryan still be with the Falcons or will he be traded at 33?

If Dak Prescott does not resign in Dallas that leaves this division pretty weak. Philly has already fired its coach and it's $100M quarterback is on the bench currently behind a guy in Hurts that looks very raw. The Giants are a question mark.

That's how it looks now.

But, every time I try and handicap the NEXT season it never turns out to be that accurate in the end result.

What if Washington signs Dak Prescott?

that's all fair, but you have to imagine that GB, TB, KC, Sea, and NO are going to be tough outs regardless of the offseason, even if Brees retires. They're good football programs, there is a reason New Orleans has won their division each of the last 4 seasons. There will be some down teams, and a lot could change, but even if you look strictly at QB play, we're possibly talking about Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahomes.

I never mentioned anything about our division, as I believe it's going to be weak again because of the salary cap restrictions.

This may be my favorite so far. Have the number color match the numbers on the jerseys changing for Burgundy or White.

that is pretty cool.

it sucks that we cant use multiple helmets... I would love to see what it would look like to wear white helmets with white jerseys and burgundy helmets with burgundy jerseys, having the the numbers and stripes change match the jersey accents and numbers.

I don't HATE this mock up because at least the logo matches the color of the writing on the jersey, but it's not my favorite

who chose the W?

The font we used for Redskins should have been used. Plain and simple. There really was no need to move away from it.

who chose the W?

The font we used for Redskins should have been used. Plain and simple. There really was no need to move away from it.

yeah I dont know why the change there. I'm not a fan of that 'W' it looks way too rushed. It's like the NFL needed something to send out in Press Releases so they threw this out there.

I’m looking for the white hoodie with the burgundy W that some of the players were wearing.

I can’t find one. Anyone seen them for sale?

It's tough to judge based off one game and another quarter/half of a previous contest, but to me Taylor looks a bit like Tony Romo in terms of mobility and the ability to throw the ball on the run for off-schedule chunk plays.

The biggest problem with the offense with Smith, Allen and especially when Dwayne was on the field was that to score a FG or TD the team had to mount a 15 play drive even if they were only moving 55-60 yards. There simply were few if any big plays.

Heinicke throws the ball in all three zones and is not afraid to try and thrown a receiver open - a confidence you don't see in the other quarterbacks.

I know he is 27 and wasn't in the NFL in 2019 but the league has made mistakes before as they did with the undrafted Romo, Kurt Warner and others.

I hope Rivera keeps his 'new' word that he is going to give the quarterbacks a fair chance to win the job in 2021 and we aren't simply going to anoint anyone like we did with Haskins last summer.

And please, let the players on offense and defense choose their own captains.

The players didn't trust Haskins and that seemed obvious when watching the games. Having him walk around as a team captain was a joke.

He didn't even show the team that he could prepare and take care of his own business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.