• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

They had no problem shelving Spaight for the rest of the season last year over a concussion

Yep, and we went to the playoffs -in spaight of that.
I think we should do the same with Doctson and IR him, and keep him in bubble wrap for the rest of the season.
In Doctson's case, the future is not now. The future is in the future.

Yep, and we went to the playoffs -in spaight of that.
I think we should do the same with Doctson and IR him, and keep him in bubble wrap for the rest of the season.
In Doctson's case, the future is not now. The future is in the future.

I'm sure a lot of people agree. I tend to.

However, look back at OBJ's rookie season as an example of why we shouldn't rush to conclusions.

OBJ didn't take a single snap during OTAs or training camp due to injury. He then missed the first four games for the same reason. He then won ROY.

I believe Scot will do the right thing.

We will see what Kendall Fuller has to offer on Sunday.

Right now, our draft class' honor is being upheld solely by Cravens, who seems to have acclimated to the NFL faster than anticipated.

I was really hoping that with Doctson and a first round grade by Scot on Fuller, that we would have TWO picks from 2016 that were going to come in here and make a real impact with their athleticism.

Unfortunately, we have seen bupkis so far.

Amazing:

Each of #Redskins' 2015 first five draft picks - over four rounds - will start tomorrow. Scherff, Smith, Jones, Crowder, Kouandjio all in.

--@granthpaulsen

According to my readings, Doctson has had other opinions with the same determination....nothing showing but reccurring pain is possible.

"It's definitely a frustrating injury," Doctson said. "I was told when it occurred that it would be a frustrating process and frustrating year. ... We had a few doctors I flew to see, and they said the same thing -- that it's definitely something that will be recurring or could happen throughout the year just through activity.

Whatever that means.

I don't know if Gruden fired the cannon or not but pundits and fans keep asking the questions, he answers.

His problem, as I see, it is not knowing when Doc is available, he wants him out there to develop and probably considers him a talent uptick over the other options but he doesn't want a major setback either.

The 'see how he feels next day' has been the mantra pretty much since the kid has been able to practice. Doc shows great in practice and next day he can be sore or not, if not he goes again, if he is sore, they rest him.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Wednesday that Doctson might have to miss a couple of weeks. They don't want to shut him down for a longer period.
"We don't want to shut me down for a year when I could feel good in a week, two weeks," Doctson said.

The simple answer is to just 'shut him down', pretty sure that's what's been going on since May. Might be wrong but I've heard nothing being diagnosed other than 'strained Achilles' ....... Cooley says he's experienced tendonitis (don't recall which part) and says it's frustrating, painful and the ambivalence of what's actually going on creates enough worry about making it worse to create doubt.

Cooley also opines that Doctson might be a 'home body' type that's still adapting to the NFL lifestyle. Shutting him down to IR might further isolate the kid from the rest of the team leading to slower development of confidence needed to produce at a high level.

Not a bad POV in my estimation. Guess we'll just have to see how this stuff plays out.

We will see what Kendall Fuller has to offer on Sunday.

Right now, our draft class' honor is being upheld solely by Cravens, who seems to have acclimated to the NFL faster than anticipated.

I was really hoping that with Doctson and a first round grade by Scot on Fuller, that we would have TWO picks from 2016 that were going to come in here and make a real impact with their athleticism.

Unfortunately, we have seen bupkis so far.

We'll have two--Cravens and Fuller. But we'd love three or more.

I'm happy to hear that we've at least had several doctors take a look. Maybe send him to even one more. It's frustrating, for sure.

my concern is does a recurrence of the flare-up due to activity extend out the time when he is going to be 100%.

if that is the case, the team should shut him down now and see if in 8 weeks he is a guy they want to bring back from IR to help with a playoff run.

we certainly aren't gaining much by having him try and play on a hit or miss basis week to week.

If on the other hand, Doctson doesn't risk furthering the injury by playing and merely needs to work through some pain, then that's another story.

NFL players are rarely 100% after a few games of pounding during the season.

He should sit down and talk with Trent Williams about playing through injuries.

I recall that one year Williams was in a boot all week and then took it off to play on Sundays.

Doctson's inability to play with pain (but not medical injury) may be what is pissing Gruden off at this stage.

We have had receivers in the past like Michael Westbrook and Devin Thomas that refused to play unless they were 100%.

Can't win with players like that.

Having Doctson available is not quite as 'critical' as Trent's, whether or not this is a good way to handle him is good topic for discussion.

Think it's already been determined that Doctson will suffer through this until he can get fully rested (or whatever) during next offseason.

Whether or not his willing to play through the pain is a concern but as many has stated, he's is not needed to fill the role of 'savior' immediately so there is no real reason to not let him come along at a pace he is comfortable with, still be a part of the team and discover who is approachable to confide in for advice as he adapts to the NFL rigor.

The only detriment I can see is having him take a roster spot that is desperately needed, that call is up to Scot, apparently there is not that need yet.

Are we there yet?

Once again HH comes up with an observation that may be overlooked by the casual fan, we'll be starting our first home grown O line in.....darn near forever.

We don't yet know how good this group can be but dammit.... it's 'bout time to find out, eh?

Doc Walker is going to have some fun tomorrow talkin' up his big uglies.

Ten years ago, Redskins fans could only dream of an offensive line where every starter was drafted by the team, under 30, and over 6'4" 320 pounds. This Sunday when the Redskins host the Cleveland Browns at FedEx field, that dream will become a reality.
This new-look offensive line of the Redskins averages 6'5" 325 pounds plus, and has youth on its side. Every starter was drafted by the team no later than the fourth round, and two of the players were top 5 picks(Williams and Scherff). Gone are the days of under-sized centers who were under 6'3" and 290 pounds, and spend more time in the backfield than our running backs. Gone are the days of right tackles who needed to do yoga in the offseason so their aging backs could withstand the rigors of training camp. Gone are the days of old, human turnstiles at both guard positions. Yes, this offensive line is a thing of pure beauty!
The Redskins Offensive Line Dreams are Made of - Hogs Haven

Sunday will be an interesting day for Redskins running back Matt Jones after a strong finish in last week’s win over the New York Giants. He gained 37 of his 65 yards on the game-winning field-goal drive, with carries of six, 10, 12 and five yards. More importantly for the Redskins, he ran the way they’ve wanted him to, with power. It’s what Jones wanted to see as well. “You look at the film and how I was running in the first half and then the second half?” Jones said. “That’s something you can learn from. Just picking holes and you’ve got to know which one and to be decisive. I could feel myself running downhill. I could feel my power.”

Make it so Mr. Matt

The Redskins lead the NFL with eight forced fumbles. How many will the defense add in #CLEvsWAS?

--Tandler

The Redskins lead the NFL with eight forced fumbles. How many will the defense add in #CLEvsWAS?

--Tandler

I mentioned in chat today, that I love the turnovers. It's certainly a welcome sight. But what would make me more happy is making some stops on defense and causing punts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.