• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Come on man, I'm givin' you my good stuff! Hahaha... :usa:

A-Few-Good-Men-Quotes-2.png
:hitwithrock:

Actually Mike, the reason I did bring it up is because the stats you've provided really don't make sense when it comes to backing up your position that DeSean is becoming "soft," so it absolutely appears as though your current position on him is based on the fact you don't "like" him.

As has been pointed out, his 2013 year with Eagles was his best career season with over 1,300 yards and 9 TDs. When he signed with us in 2014, yardage-wise he had his second best career season with over 1,100. Even with that bruised shoulder you're referring to that took him out of the Jax game last season, he came right back that next week against the Iggles and scored that huge TD we all remember. This is hardly a pattern of someone declining in play and becoming "soft."

You're all over this dude for a hamstring injury that is out of his control. This is a major injury for anyone, but particularly a receiver. It's not like he's making it up. Like John said, the doctors make the decision to clear a player to get back onto the field for both practice and games. It's not like they've cleared him and he's avoiding playing. And yes, he's collecting millions because that's what happens with players who are injured yet signed to a football team. Griffin too collected millions when he was on the sidelines rehabbing his knee...

Actually Mike, the reason I did bring it up is because the stats you've provided really don't make sense when it comes to backing up your position that DeSean is becoming "soft," so it absolutely appears as though your current position on him is based on the fact you don't "like" him.

As has been pointed out, his 2013 year with Eagles was his best career season with over 1,300 yards and 9 TDs. When he signed with us in 2014, yardage-wise he had his second best career season with over 1,100. Even with that bruised shoulder you're referring to that took him out of the Jax game last season, he came right back that next week against the Iggles and scored that huge TD we all remember. This is hardly a pattern of someone declining in play and becoming "soft."

You're all over this dude for a hamstring injury that is out of his control. This is a major injury for anyone, but particularly a receiver. It's not like he's making it up. Like John said, the doctors make the decision to clear a player to get back onto the field for both practice and games. It's not like they've cleared him and he's avoiding playing. And yes, he's collecting millions because that's what happens with players who are injured yet signed to a football team. Griffin too collected millions when he was on the sidelines rehabbing his knee...

I have heard you and respect your opinion about mine =)

Mike visits the Trainer's Room to check on Desean.....

[video]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1435294/patton-slap-o.gif[/video]

:smile2:

You guys and gals are making me smile...thanks for that!

Because, remember, making me smile - it's what this site is all about!

You guys and gals are making me smile...thanks for that!

Because, remember, making me smile - it's what this site is all about!
I want you to stand there in your pretty white uniform and show me some god damn common courtesy. I think I've earned it.

I'm so watching that this weekend.

You can't handle watching it this weekend!!!

Hey - one thing we can all agree on. You invoke 'Code Red' - you better ****ing win on Sunday!

Funny, of the 3 top QB's in that mock, the only one I'm remotely intrigued by is Paxton Lynch out of Memphis. He's the only one of the three who steps into throws, stands tall in a breaking pocket, moves to throw, has what looks to me like an NFL arm. Even thought I saw him look off a safety.

It'd be fun to be a GM ... right up until you had to actually take a deep breath, grit your teeth and pick somebody.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
Finally got around to studying Memphis QB Paxton Lynch. He's Brock Osweiler with more arm strength. Intriguing prospect.

Mark Bullock ‏@MarkBullockNFL
First time seeing Paxton Lynch. Athletic, big arm, elongated release though. Drops ball down on wind up.

About 26 hours until Code Red.

Suiting up, strapping in, can't wait to see the team respond and give the effort of the season.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
Finally got around to studying Memphis QB Paxton Lynch. He's Brock Osweiler with more arm strength. Intriguing prospect.

Mark Bullock ‏@MarkBullockNFL
First time seeing Paxton Lynch. Athletic, big arm, elongated release though. Drops ball down on wind up.

Immediately disqualified. His throwing motion begins near his waist. That's a fatal flaw that QBs will spend years trying to correct.

He's 6'7". His waist is your head :)

I don't know that it's a 'fatal flaw'. I agree that's conventional wisdom. But the NFL (and even the HOF) is full of folks who defied conventional wisdom. I watched the first half on Friday. Kid throws a beautiful deep ball, that's for sure.

About 26 hours until Code Red.

Suiting up, strapping in, can't wait to see the team respond and give the effort of the season.

This team has a lot of heart. I think we win convincingly. Cousins is going to have a big day. Putting my money where my mouth is and starting him on one of my FF teams.

He's 6'7". His waist is your head :)

I don't know that it's a 'fatal flaw'. I agree that's conventional wisdom. But the NFL (and even the HOF) is full of folks who defied conventional wisdom. I watched the first half on Friday. Kid throws a beautiful deep ball, that's for sure.

I'm sure he can get away with that in college. But that long throwing motion beginning near his waist is literally a death sentence in the NFL.

The best example, and most likely comparison is Tebow. Lots of folks were excited about him coming out of college, but a few were quick to raise red flags when they identified that same throwing motion and long release.

Even as early as the combines, the story quickly moved to Tebow working with QB coaches to try to change and shorten his throwing motion. He continues to try and fix it four years later.

I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but the problem with that motion is threefold. Firstly, it's an easy strip for pass rushers at the waist. Secondly, it lengthens the time of the release and causes additional sacks. And finally, it gives corners a great read on the passes--increasing interceptions.

Actually, come to think of it, we may be fortunate enough to see some of that this Sunday with Jameis. He had a very quick and short throwing motion in his first year in college, but becoming a baseball pitcher elongated his throwing motion, and he threw a ton more picks in his second season.

He's been working with QB coaches ever since to try and regain that original motion from his earlier years.

Let's see if we can't get a strip or two if he's holding that ball around his waist this weekend:)

Tebow had a lot more problems than his throwing motion. I'll give a counter-argument. This was the same limitation Jason Campbell was always supposedly doomed by. I was not a huge Campbell fan but he wasn't a bad QB. He might have even had a successful career had he not been with the Redskins. He did have a long wind-up, but I think the impact of that was overblown. And I think you're probably overstating it here as well.

I'll politely agree to disagree:)

I know that whatever team signs him, their first course of action will be to try and alter that throwing motion. To shorten it up. To try and rip it out of there quickly like Rodgers or Brady. To not let the ball go below the shoulder or chest area on the windup.

And changing that throwing motion can be like trying to change a golf swing. It can take years and years--if it's even possible at all.

Defensive coaches will spot that, and will have their rushers swatting at footballs below the chest. And on the back end, players like Breeland will have an additional split second to get a jump on the ball.

I wish him well and I'll fully support him if he ends up here. It's just not a point I'd like to start from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.