• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Man that was a big win for us today! Going 1-3 would have been a big hole to dig out of, especially going into Atlanta next week...

We match up very well against Atlanta.

They rely a lot on their running game, and our D line is where running backs go to die:

Demarco Murray: 8 rushes, 36 yards
Ryan Matthews: 5 rushes, 20 yards
Darren Sproles: 4 rushes, 17 yards

No one rushes on us.

If we can take him out of the game, and double cover Julio, I like our chances.

Just thought I'd mention this coming from the other direction, after today's game the Falcons run D leads the league in allowing 7 rushing TDs to be scored against them.
The 49ers are second with 6 and the Lions and Texans tied for third with 5.

As you may recall the Eagles had 0-before today. :smile:

Just thought I'd mention this coming from the other direction, after today's game the Falcons run D leads the league in allowing 7 rushing TDs to be scored against them.
The 49ers are second with 6 and the Lions and Texans tied for third with 5.

As you may recall the Eagles had 0-before today. :smile:

so they rank last allowing the most?

indeed it is... ball control is going to be a big part of the game next weekend

Garçon straight beasted on that last drive. More credit to him than Kirk.

The kicker the Skins cut to keep the kicker they cut looks pretty damn good for the Saints.

15 plays, 90 yards.... 5:39.....77 points .I like that stat. That's how you close out a game.

Saw this poll over at the Haven, I voted B because of the last drive benchmark and division status but C was real tempting, there still was too many mistakes.
Chuckled at 8 doom and gloomers, understand the sentiment but come on....

How would you grade the Redskins' win today?

24% A - a win is a WIN, people!
(229 votes)

36% B - it was a good win!
(337 votes)

37% C - it was a win, but they still had too many mistakes.
(346 votes)

2% D - still not hopeful over here.
(21 votes)

1% F - doom and gloom, no matter what.
(8 votes)

I'm with you...B with a touch of C. That last drive and our defensive line looked great.

But our secondary was doo doo, our special teams was horrid.

Was really good to see Garcon out there and crowder step up. Thompson is gonna make that backfield very crowded, too.

Not sure you can call our special teams horrid. We had 3 FGs, kicked it through the end zone on every kickoff and had good punts with Tress averaging 44 yards. We did give up one long punt return and didn't return ourselves well. Running backwards for 10 yards hurts your average. Not an A, but not horrible.

The kicking aspect of special teams seems to be good and solid. But we have been allowing big returns too much. You can almost guarantee that were gonna give up at least one once a game.

Redskins now tied at the top of the NFC East. Lol.

What a fantastic weekend. Just spectacular for us.

How about the job Callahan has done with a very young group!

Early thoughts on Atlanta ... to hang, we're probably going to need two things to go right this week:

- Culliver's knee improves dramatically
- Jordan Reed's brain is on line

Culliver, good knee or not, isn't stopping Jones one on one. Hank is going to be looking for revenge. That, fortunately, does not scare me.

Reed will continue to make one head scratching play a game, unfortunately. Seems like it's in his DNA.

This is an uphill game for us, to be sure. A lot rests on the D. If they can control the LOS, we have a chance. If they can't, we don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.