• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

That's the other confusing part. If you're gonna go somewhere, why not a contender? Philly? They're 3 years way if they're lucky.

He wanted to stay in the East and play Washington.

This move also shows the changing landscape in the NFC East. Philly is now reaching out for a 32 year old DE that Washington no longer needs because it already has 4 starters under 30 and some promising depth players as well.

A couple of years ago it would have been Washington reaching out to pick up the Philly discards.

Last edited:
The first sentence is incorrect.

He wanted to stay in the East and play Washington.

This move also shows the changing landscape in the NFC East. Philly is now reaching out for a 32 year old DE that Washington no longer needs because it already has 4 starters under 30 and some promising depth players as well.

A couple of years ago it would have been Washington reaching out to pick up the Philly discards.

there is no way we wouldn't consider bringing him back at this number... I wonder if we made a competitive offer and Kerrigan refused it so we drafted the way we did. Post draft there really isn't any room for him as we're at 90 players.

That's the other confusing part. If you're gonna go somewhere, why not a contender? Philly? They're 3 years way if they're lucky.

Maybe that was his only offer?

Maybe that was his only offer?

very possible, and I know reports are coming out that we basically made it clear he was not in the plans, but 1 yr / $3.5 mil? That's not even rotational pass rusher salary. That's depth guy money

It woulda been nice for Kerrigan to get his 100th sack with Washington, but it is what it is. He plays for the enemy now

It woulda been nice for Kerrigan to get his 100th sack with Washington, but it is what it is. He plays for the enemy now

no doubt about that

He has a place in the ring of fame, but obviously not until he retires

Report: Washington gives Moses permission to seek trade

I think this is a move that signals a few things:

a) The team feels really good about the depth we have at the Tackle position, in particular with some of the younger players. With Leno and Lucas, you are simultaneously afforded the opportunity to let some of the younger guys like Charles and Cosmi grow and develop in '21, instead of forcing and rushing their progress.

b) The team is being proactive and not necessarily holding onto guys for too long. With Moses having already received a 38 million dollar contract from the team, and him now entering the other side of 30 years old, the likelihood of him ever earning another contract here was slim to none. I suppose having decent depth and options makes this an easier move to swallow. Maybe you give yourself an opportunity to earn something in return while Moses can still play, as opposed to letting him walk for nothing eventually.

c) The leaders of this team still view 2021 as an overall team development year. If you are truly within reach of being a Super Bowl team, I don't think you walk away from a dependable starting RT in May. We have put ourselves in a position with the depth we have built up to still make progress in '21 while potentially setting ourselves up for a seamless transition in 2022 and beyond when undoubtedly there will be some changes on the offensive line, and when this team will likely truly be within the so-called "Super Bowl window."

He may also be pitching a fit in the background about all the tackles on the roster. Wouldn’t surprise me. And it makes sense that him squawking may have something to do with it since if this was the plan all along, why wait until mid-May when most teams have filled their needs?

So, Moses is as jumpy with competition as Trent Williams evidently was with the drafting of Geron Christian.

Boy, some fragile egos on this team left over from the previous regime.

If giving up 5 sacks is the best season Moses has had then we did need an upgrade.

Moses’ penalty issues in previous years to 2020 were quite disruptive of the offense.

Moses isn't our guy. He's just our guy because we didn't have better. We could have our future in camp now, you never know.

I know I won't miss the penalties and injuries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.