• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFC East Thoughts

That contract was a disaster for Dallas, which I enjoyed. Zeke's time has passed, I can't see him getting a starting gig anywhere.

That contract was a disaster for Dallas, which I enjoyed. Zeke's time has passed, I can't see him getting a starting gig anywhere.

Interesting paragraph in the article-

“His decline came after he signed a six-year, $90 million contract in 2019, thus has causing the narrative about Elliott’s effort and play that belied his value to the franchise as a leader.”

Now the question is do they officially cut him or wait until June 1st when the cap savings go from 5 - 10 million

When is the last time a RB signed a huge deal and it actually was a good signing? It seems every top RB once they get paid in the past 10 years (maybe longer) drops off a cliff in performance. Some of it can be attributed to the position and beating the body takes but it cannot be all of it. Here's hoping the Giants pay Saquon something stupid with huge guaranteed money.

He was still an impact WR from 2020 - 2021 (81 and 90 catches in those 2 seasons). Dropped off and missed some time in 2022 but it's a pretty cheap cost for a guy who can still play.

I don't know how they are doing it. It is cheap in terms of compensation to Houston but Cooks current contract counts $26M against the cap. Granted, some of that will stay in Houston as they have to absorb previously paid bonuses but even so, Cooks current contract has a base salary in 2023 of $18M.

I can't even remember what the Giants offered, was it 13 mil per year and he wants 15?

I saw on ESPNs ticker last night that Deion Sanders might lose one of his feet. Not sure if he's just got bad peripheral vascular disease, diabetes, or has an infection, but sounded like amputation was likely. Man, that's horrible.

He's already lost some toes. I can't even imagine what he's going through. From being one of the fastest people in the world to not being able to even walk normally.

i think the eagles are due for a super letdown and as much as a hate it,i see dallas winning the nfc east again.

Like most years, NFC East will be up for grabs. I wouldn’t even rule out Washington or the Giants.

dallas gave prescott a raise to 60 million a year.as long as he is their qb they are,nt doing anything.

Prescott is a solid QB. I just don't think he's the kind that can really elevate a team to the next level, especially after the injury. I'm not sure if it's physical or mental at this point, but he seems to play his shakiest in the biggest moments. Got a little Ricky Fowler in him I think.

I think he's good enough to give them a shot, but I don't think he's good enough to be the catalyst behind a championship. He's a lot like Kirk Cousins in that aspect. His teams will be in (or around) the playoffs most of the time, but if he ever gets a ring, it wont be because HE was the reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.