• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFC East Thoughts

We exposed them and they're scrambling!

Trying to address the issues we put on display for the world.

We scared ‘em with the power run game.

Edit: lol…late to the party

Bold prediction-

The NYG will end the season in the same position in the NFCE that the world expected before it started. Dead last.

Giants get plastered and Dallas steals one.

We nearly gained enough ground to make that last game of the year interesting - assuming we keep winning.

I felt dirty rooting for Philly.

We all did, Mike. We all did.

I'm still smiling though. :D

Thought this was interesting. Pretty close except I totally disagree at RB. Our group when healthy is the best in the division (you can't just look at the top back which is where they went wrong). I'd put us as the top WR group as well (we take a hit there because of our QBing). I think our safety group is overrated. Thoughts?

The cowbums are the best running?

Heinicke is better than Jones...I don't buy that, either.

Also, can they put a dumpster, a dumpster on fire, and then a flaming bag of dog shit before our coaches? That would make it very legit ...

The fact that the WRs are ranked 2nd with this OL and QB group is telling.

If we'd had Daniel Jones at QB the past 3 seasons, I think it's possible we go to the playoffs every year. Has completed 65% of his passes, 36 TDs, 22 INTs, while getting little protection (sacked 111 times!). He has added almost 500 yds/season with rushing, and scored 10 rushing TDs. He has improved in almost every category during that stretch.

I'm not saying he's a top 10 QB, but he's consistently better than what we've had over the past 3 seasons, especially when you consider he was behind a terrible OL and had few weapons (until this year when Barkley returned to being Barkley).

I think he's a little underrated to be honest, although it would be fair to say 'yeah, but Scott Turner'....

I blame the OC more than I blame anyone else.

We have the same quality offense as them, yet we can't keep drives going or call plays to punch it in when we need to. We all see it.

I'm hoping Howell is the guy who can overcome the lack of intelligence of our OC. We'll see...

I think we've all had enough of Turner. The problem is three-fold. We have not had a QB at any point that was capable of making critical play changes pre-snap (whether that's something Turner even gave them the authority to do or not is debateable, but I also think that's a function of WHO we've had at QB). We've not had a QB who consistently makes the right decision of where to go with the ball. And who knows what is going on in the mind of our OC who doesn't seem to have a core philosophy or a successful playcalling strategy that takes advantage of what we do well.

Those 3 things equal very erratic offensive production. And the thing that bothers me the most is that there doesn't seem to be much recognition from Turner or Rivera at how badly the OC is holding us back at this point or of the need to change direction. I know a lot of folks will point to the injuries on the OL and lack of a quality QB as things we should take into account when judging Turner - and that's not totally irrelevant. But Turner has to own part of the blame (and Rivera all of it) for not doing everything he could to ensure we a) had a solid OL coming into each season, and b) acquired a QB who could effectively run his offense.

Drafting a WR with our 1st pick in 2022 with the state of this OL and the glaring need at QB we had was a criminal offense.

Hey Om.... fixed it for you...

nfceastupsidedown.png

Attachments

• nfceastupsidedown.png
    nfceastupsidedown.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Injuries to the OL pales in comparison to the fixes the Rivera administration thought were good ideas.

Roullier and Larsen, for the 2nd season in a row, have shown an inability to withstand the rigors of the NFL. Cosmi has also struggled with injuries during his short career. Trying to shore up the line with Norwell and Turner, 2 experienced but over-the-hill vets that couldn’t find the field until training camp was over, was either arrogant or stupid. Take your pick. But, hey, they did spend a 7th rounder to fortify the group.

Not a Jones fan but this was pretty funny…

Injuries to the OL pales in comparison to the fixes the Rivera administration thought were good ideas.

Roullier and Larsen, for the 2nd season in a row, have shown an inability to withstand the rigors of the NFL. Cosmi has also struggled with injuries during his short career. Trying to shore up the line with Norwell and Turner, 2 experienced but over-the-hill vets that couldn’t find the field until training camp was over, was either arrogant or stupid. Take your pick. But, hey, they did spend a 7th rounder to fortify the group.
and then didn't let the 7th rounder sniff the field despite him looking good in practice. Worse, he shone when they let him play against Dallas.

Thought this was interesting. Pretty close except I totally disagree at RB. Our group when healthy is the best in the division (you can't just look at the top back which is where they went wrong). I'd put us as the top WR group as well (we take a hit there because of our QBing). I think our safety group is overrated. Thoughts?

Just saw this.

I still have to give Dallas the nod at RB.... because Pollard may be the best RB in the division... they're just paying Zeke stupid money so they need to justify it. I would take our 'room' over the Giants, but to be fair we dont see the home run explosiveness with our room at we do with Barkely. Gibson has the physical ability to do it... but you still wonder about some of his vision / instinct to get him there.

As far as WRs go, it comes down to the depth. You'd likely take our 3rd string WR over any other teams 3rd string WR.... that should carry weight in a discussion like this.

Regarding Safeties? Curl and Forrest have the ability to be the best duo in the NFL.. not just our division. They've shown it, and have done it over a complete season. I don't think it can be overstated just how impactful Curl was when he got back on the field, and our backup safety is an All Pro special teamer.... and none of that is as impressive as where these guys came from. Those three guys were 5th round, 7th round, and UDFA. Add to that a 4th rounder in Percy Butler that MANY believe is the best 'true' FS on the team...

Hard to really argue the rest of the rankings, though i think top to bottom TE and CB could use a re-evaluation. Dallas lives on Diggs, and he lives on turnovers. The guy has notoriously been roasted when facing better competition, we've seen it ourselves. TEs is an interesting conversation because we don't have the explosive TE that's going to take over a game, but we dont need it. Ideally, with this roster, the TE is a check down / safety valve... very few actual playcalls to get them set up as the primary read. We don't have a Kelcey / Kittle type, but we dont need it. In fact, i'd almost argue you go into next season with Bates as your no. 1 TE and continue to develop Rogers as your receiving threat... the TE conversation could change quickly...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.