• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Cool Photo

1586795544193.png

this is my backyard last summer before sunset. No filter..the Facebook post of it has a video on it even. This is why I am here. I dug that part of the creek out (and continue to do so) by hand starting in 2017. There are tadpoles, minnows, crayfish, and even had actual fish in it come from the overflow of a pond down the street.

We had a burrowing owl take up residence on the front lawn some months back. While it's made doing the lawn a bit tricky, they have become our live in guests for the foreseeable future. Yesterday morning I finally saw what I was waiting for.... Chicks ! Got out as the sun was coming up this morning as they stay in the burrow during the heat of the day. The adults are about 7 or 8 inches tall, and I figure the chicks are about 3 at this point.
IMG_6545.jpg
IMG_6545.jpg
IMG_6570.jpg
IMG_6545.jpg
IMG_6573.jpg
IMG_6545.jpg

Somebody reported the nest..... Animal protection group was just here to GPS mark the nest, and put up a perch. All nests in the city are GPS marked once discovered. That way, it helps keep the unscrupulous contractors from burring nests to build new homes. The owls are a protected species.

Of course I am not just setting my son off to do his thing with one of my cameras, all I did was put the proper settings into the camera...the boy did the rest.

Here is a shot he took of the fly-by in Baltimore yesterday. 8 years old and this kid has it, I just wish I had a telephoto for him.

Attachments

• birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 118
My uncle sent me an old photo today which I cleaned up and enhanced. This is a photo, probably from the early 30's, of my grandmother (front row, 2nd from left) and my great aunt (2nd row, 4th from left with basketball) posing for their high school basketball team. My grandmother was a major athlete, starring for both her high school and college basketball and swim teams.

jeanette.png

Hey Miles Monroe - wanna do a paid job for me and colorize my two relatives in this one? I'm thinking we'd first convert it to black and white - then colorize the two of them?

Ya, I'd be happy to do the repairs and colorize it, but I won't take your money. :)

Note trophies. Eye of the tiger.

Was out front playing with the kids and got this bubble image.

Attachments

• BS1_1409-2.jpg
    BS1_1409-2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118
  • BS1_1410-3.jpg
    BS1_1410-3.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 86
Brian - you could build a business around creating bubble photos alone. Could be kids or couples or homes in the background. Those are literally amazing. I'm only asking for 5% of the take for planting this seed for your new business in your head.

If anyone has ever tried to catch a bumble bee, you can understand how difficult it is. I got lucky when I was playing around with my macro lens, and caught this....

Attachments

• 613_0602.jpg
    613_0602.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
I really like night time exposures...they are fun.

Attachments

• BS1_4302.jpg
    BS1_4302.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
Photographed a Penthouse on the 27th floor of a high rise in Baltimore City. Here's the view...

Attachments

• CLS_0526.jpg
    CLS_0526.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.