• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I dont think Mike is wrong.

We saw a couple things.

1. The arm is real.
2. The accuracy is real
3. for 18 of his 19 pass attempts, the game was moving at the right speed for him.

Beyond that, the offense (and this team) performed on par with how it has for the overwhelming majority of this season. Offensively it produced 20 points (but was set up to score 26 with the two missed FG). We were gifted 2 very short fields on ST errors, and an INT for a TD by Fuller. Last time we saw that, the team scored a total of 23 points.. not much different.

I think the game flow allowed for things to be slowed down. He only attempted 19 passes. The early lead and the complete control on defense removed the desperation. Had we gotten out to these leads with any of our 3 QBs the game flow likely is the same. I don't think Howell did anything other than prove he deserves a chance. The offense was not totally transformed, though it does appear that the tools are there to change the dynamic on that side of the ball. It would not only take Howell executing, but an OC that can set him up to do it.

The TD play to Terry... I can't remember seeing that before now. The play design was good, and got the ball out relatively quickly with an easy read for Howell.

The INT was the opposite.. A bad throw by a rookie. Had Heinicke or Wentz thrown that ball... it would be a headline.. Howell is a rookie so he's afforded a learning curve. Now it's not about the INT, but how he develops off of it.

I don't really get it. It's one game. No one should be 'in love' with him, and no one should be writing him off.

He did a good job last night. Why does it have to be anything more than that? Last time I checked, no on here has looked like Nostradamus over the years. Not everything requires folks to 'take a stand'.

Oh, I called Charles last year. I was lambasted for it several times, but I was right.

I'm also not writing him off, I just don't get the fawning over him yet.

Yeah, because Charles worked out so well right?

It's ok...I laugh at the critics until I'm right.

I also gave Howell credit for what he did well. I'm just not in love like you think I should be.

You wanted Charles cut as a rookie. All I wanted was to give him time to see if he could develop.
You can let go of the rim now because that dunk wasn't as good as you thought it'd be.
No one's head over heels for Howell. But his first start was promising, that's all. No one knows how he'll turn out yet.
I'd like to get him an Oline and see how he does though.

You're like alot of fans in that if a ROOKIE steps on the field and doesn't immediately perform at All-Pro level, you have no use for them. They're busts and should be cut the next day.
Redskins fans say they have the patience for player development but in reality, they don't.

Keep on dunking on that 5 foot goal though......

Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that. I called out why and gave great facts. You just didn't like that I was right and still am.

I don't need to impress you. I'm just laughing at you at this point.

Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that. I called out why and gave great facts. You just didn't like that I was right and still am.

I don't need to impress you. I'm just laughing at you at this point.
Whatever helps you sleep at night big guy.....knock yourself out. :ROFLMAO:

I don't really get it. It's one game. No one should be 'in love' with him, and no one should be writing him off.

He did a good job last night. Why does it have to be anything more than that? Last time I checked, no on here has looked like Nostradamus over the years. Not everything requires folks to 'take a stand'.

except for me.... you seen my BGO pickem score? ;)

Well, they do call it Blind Pig...

You're like alot of fans in that if a ROOKIE steps on the field and doesn't immediately perform at All-Pro level, you have no use for them. They're busts and should be cut the next day.

You should try working for someone with this attitude. It’s not sports, but if you don’t impress him immediately by knowing everything, you are an idiot for life. Football fans doing it is funny. Bosses in real life, not so much.

You should try working for someone with this attitude. It’s not sports, but if you don’t impress him immediately by knowing everything, you are an idiot for life. Football fans doing it is funny. Bosses in real life, not so much.
Well, if you don't show up for your job for 3/4 of your first year you kind of bring it on yourself. Blaming the boss for it is looking for any excuse not to take responsibility for your own actions.

But, hey. What do I know? I'm just the asshole calling him out for not being any good and always hurt.

As much as there is a segment of this fanbase that is quick to dismiss players due to unreal expectations...

There is also a very loud and vocal segment of this fanbase that will deny object thought because it doesn't fit with their opinion.

I've seen all over twitter and heard on local radio that 'we've found our QB of the future' already.

it was 1 game. I don't think ANY true conclusions can be drawn from it. He didn't throw up all over himself, and he didn't set any records. I don't think there is really any harm in understanding that.

As much as there is a segment of this fanbase that is quick to dismiss players due to unreal expectations...

There is also a very loud and vocal segment of this fanbase that will deny object thought because it doesn't fit with their opinion.

I've seen all over twitter and heard on local radio that 'we've found our QB of the future' already.

it was 1 game. I don't think ANY true conclusions can be drawn from it. He didn't throw up all over himself, and he didn't set any records. I don't think there is really any harm in understanding that.
This is also true.

I don't know what's so wrong about saying the kid did OK in his first start?

To me, the number one take away from Howell was that the moment wasn't too big for him. He didn't pull a Beck...lol
I mean you're facing Micah Parsons and that pass rush with a patch work Oline and you didn't soil yourself and made some plays.

Just means there's something to work with and he's in the mix at QB.

This is also true.

I don't know what's so wrong about saying the kid did OK in his first start?

To me, the number one take away from Howell was that the moment wasn't too big for him. He didn't pull a Beck...lol
I mean you're facing Micah Parsons and that pass rush with a patch work Oline and you didn't soil yourself and made some plays.

Just means there's something to work with and he's in the mix at QB.

don't think i've seen anyone (at least on this board) say any different

Different opinions of what 'OK' are, but pretty much everyone in this conversation is saying the same things...

Agreed. I feel like everyone on this board is within a point or two of the mean where Howell is concerned after yesterday.

Most here seem to understand that the Dallas offense and special teams gift-wrapped that game for us and just about any QB on the roster would have been hard-pressed to screw it up.

I'm pretty much where Chris is above - the rookie did well, didn't soil his very white pants from the inside, and proved he throws a nice ball. It's a start. Not a conclusion.

I see a lot of fans making the point on social media that Sam Howell is nothing more than Taylor Heinicke but with a legit NFL arm.

I don’t see that as the negative that they intend it to be.

If that is the case, it's definitely not a negative. Taylor is a great motivator, teammate, and gives 100% every play.

We all know the issue on offense...and they don't line up behind the center unless it's Wentz.

If that is the case, it's definitely not a negative. Taylor is a great motivator, teammate, and gives 100% every play.

We all know the issue on offense...and they don't line up behind the center unless it's Wentz.

Agreed. Isn’t that something we all wanted? Taylor with a stronger arm?

And needs to be a good decision maker - although a strong arm that allows him to get balls into tight windows helps on that front. I feel like with TH, it’s not so much that he makes a ton of bad decisions, he just doesn’t have the arm to do what his brain wants to do.

There is no way Payne is on this roster next season. He is looking to get paid - period. Not judging him for that. But he’ll go to the highest bidder, that’s what he wants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.