• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I think the LT from LSU could wind up being a great pick. He's very fast and athletic for a big man, like Williams was coming out of school. He'll bulk up a bit I'm sure. He was a stud at LSU Love this pick!

Reactions: Ax
Curious if RR envisions the LSU tackle for Flowers LG spot? We’d have one hell of an interior for a few years

In the end, TW won out., The Skins got diddly relative to value and TW is going to a SB contender. Sorry....but some things never change with this franchise. But yea! We're gonna have a great culture each off-season watching the smarter teams get to the finish line faster.....every time.

LMAO.

Williams is almost 32 and hasn’t played in more than a year.

For a guy that plays 10-11 games a year I think that long layoff could lead to some early injury issues.

It’s not a slam dunk for SF.

This is not the Trent Williams of 2016 they are getting.

Age and mileage.

Sorry...but you have no basis for this claim. The other teams and TW's agent knew the Skins would eventually fold. Welcome to the Bengals folks - that's who we are going to be. Truith be told...more like the Jags.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great comedy! Trent's replacement? "..has had several mary jane issues..."

love ya Ax...but I'm not wrong. people never put things in context: it's not what the Skins do...it's what they do relative to other teams. I suffer no compunction asserting that as we morph into Panthers II we will never get to the SB in the next 4-6 yrs (i.e., until the next coaching staff arrives). We're going to be a middling team. Call it an intuition and fate all wrapped into one.

I think the LT from LSU could wind up being a great pick. He's very fast and athletic for a big man, like Williams was coming out of school. He'll bulk up a bit I'm sure. He was a stud at LSU Love this pick!

Why did he drop so far in the draft?

Through the Charles and Golden picks I am right there with our draft room.

The picks in Round 5 to me are questionable.

Ismael is an undersized center with his failing being functional strength.

The draft bio indicates he projects to be effective in a heavy zone scheme like SF runs.

My assumption is that Turner like his father favored more of a power scheme or is Scott different in his approach?

Hudson is a Swiss Army knife but one with both limited size and speed.

His bio indicates Hudson is quick in reaction but lacks the speed and coverage ability to close and make the play as a safety meanwhile he is only 219 and a liability against the run when at the LOS.

These two guys look like #7 picks or UDFAs to me, taken a bit early in Round 5.

Last edited:
Due to a multitude of character issues. Yea!!

One of my points. Here's reality. Look at the Skins: since 2015, from the fourth round on down, how many "finds/studs" (starters who rank well in their position vis the competition) have there been? IMO, just one: Ionidus. It just doesn't happen very often.

This is great comedy! Trent's replacement? "..has had several mary jane issues..."

love ya Ax...but I'm not wrong. people never put things in context: it's not what the Skins do...it's what they do relative to other teams. I suffer no compunction asserting that as we morph into Panthers II we will never get to the SB in the next 4-6 yrs (i.e., until the next coaching staff arrives). We're going to be a middling team. Call it an intuition and fate all wrapped into one.
There is nothing the team can do that you'd approve of. Short of your hero selling the team. Which is Alice in Wonderland reality. Your criticisms of the team are anticipated before any move they make. You choose to be critical. Your prerogative. Seems like an irrational hatred.

Williams only worth to this team, was his removal from it. No team in the league believed he was worth what we got, except the 9ers. Forced to make the move because their guy is retiring.

Fan, your statement about the Skins not making the SB in the next 4-6 years because of Rivera and the Panther influence Of their decisions is ironic because Rivera went to the Super Bowl with a 15-1 team.

Meanwhile how many of these geniuses in Minnesota or Green Bay have done more than win one playoff game?

Who were the Redskins supposed to take in 2020 that would have lead to a different opinion?

It would be nice if Tua was really as good of a prospect as Andrew Luck or John Elway and the Redskins could have parlayed the #2 pick into a Herschel Walker type haul but no one was offering it.

Making a deal with Atlanta involving the pick at #16 and picks next year was not going to move the needle for us to improve.

I sure wish NFL would drop the SJW/political stuff and stick to just football.

Reactions: Ax
Fan, your statement about the Skins not making the SB in the next 4-6 years because of Rivera and the Panther influence Of their decisions is ironic because Rivera went to the Super Bowl with a 15-1 team.

Meanwhile how many of these geniuses in Minnesota or Green Bay have done more than win one playoff game?

Who were the Redskins supposed to take in 2020 that would have lead to a different opinion?

It would be nice if Tua was really as good of a prospect as Andrew Luck or John Elway and the Redskins could have parlayed the #2 pick into a Herschel Walker type haul but no one was offering it.

Making a deal with Atlanta involving the pick at #16 and picks next year was not going to move the needle for us to improve.

Bulldog. I respect your pov.

In a similar vein, I have a pov. I don't care all that much about 2020. Chase fell nto our laps precisely because this franchise has been rotten/misled for so long. The Gibson pick is interesting. We'll see where it goes. As for the Riverboat Pilot and the rest of the crew, do I think they are an improvement? Absolutely. Do I think there is anything special about his coaching staff and the Pilot? Other than JDR, eff no. What I hear from these guys are the endless football cliches we are all accustomed to. What I don't hear, important for at least me, is "an innovator"...."creative"...."adjusts well". In the end, one good year in a dvision that was weak at the time.

Bullldog....I do enjoy reading your posts. They make me think. After 35+ years of professional experience, I have developed a sixth sense, if you will, for success. And I don't sense it here. I see competence. Not greatness. If I end up eating crow? Eh...too bad for me!

Keep posting brotha.

Last edited by a moderator:
This tackle Adams is still on the board and at this point we should take a gamble

So is this Michigan TE

I don’t know, Al. After all this time of idiocy and the country club in the FO, I’ll take competence. This team can’t go from a complete clown show to greatness in one draft or maybe even 2-3 years after. This team has been in bad shape... really bad shape and I don’t expect it to be a quick fix. Maybe RR can get the team to greatness, maybe not. I do know they need basic competence first.

How many things did Bill Callahan do last year that seemed like ”Wow, what an amazing move,” but were just really everyday things most coaches do that Goofus Gruden didn’t? This team badly needs competence before it can do anything else.

Last edited:
No argument ntotoro. Just expressing my mindset since the hiring. Overall good? Yes. Am I expecting the ultimate? No...not really. Just doesn't have that feel for me. As for the draft, well, who knows. I have sat through so many of these that started out with As which subsequently proved to be Cs. This was mostly Allen's draft anyway in the sense of possibilities....so I'm not too invested in finger pointing. Just balancing my outlook with some history. Give me some slack there! There is, afterall, 20+ years of stats behind my mindset!

A competent and tough team which doesn’t fold like a tent in the latter stages of games would be a monumental step-up for fans of this team.

Though it would be nice, I don’t need a parade. I’d be satisfied with not being embarrassed to say I’m a Redskins fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.