• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I think sitting him down actually did Griffen good we might not win but he will play better
I dont see everyone complaigning about the decision to franchise Orackbo? in the past we cut players we didnt want anymore and had no plan to replace them so we end up Adam archeletta now we have a plan draft his replacement like a normal team would and everyone complaigns we did the right thing it just happened that it didnt work out as plan and the skins now he shouldnt be asking for a big contract.
I dont know why everyone is calling Moses and Long a bust i would rather them sit out a season or longer and learn than come in and get dominated and crushed then have to redraft positions next year. if we het a player that is decent enough in free agency that both of them can sit and learn for a year or 2 thats even better

Guys, was Odell just on a tear yesterda,y or did our secondary have it's usual brain farts?

Both. But finding out Breeland was sick with bronchitis explains some of it.

Guys, was Odell just on a tear yesterda,y or did our secondary have it's usual brain farts?

Beckham has 9 receiving TDs-1 each against the Falcons and Titans, 4 against Dallas-2 in each meeting, and the 3 against us. As Mike mentioned Breeland being a bit under the weather may have been a factor but 1.)IMO Beckham is a serious potential star-in-the-making, and 2.)Our secondary and DC kinda suck. Interestingly, however, according to ESPN player stats, Breeland was credited with 3 passes defensed in the Giants game-the most since he had 4 against the Cowboys.

Source: Bashaud Breeland Game By Game Stats and Performance - Washington Redskins - ESPN

Beckham's receiving yardage has been over 100 yards 5 times this season.

Colts-156 yards

Seahawks-108 yards

Dallas(second game)-146 yards

Titans-130 yards

Redskins-143 yards

Source: Odell Beckham Jr. Game By Game Stats and Performance - New York Giants - ESPN

Awesome hookup Serv, appreciate the breakdown!

I may be alone here but I sure as hell hope Raheem is gone with Hazmat this offseason. Secondary has been a hot mess since his arrival. I don't want him near our high pick safety

I haven't liked how he has handled some things. I am definitely worried about some of the culture that's been shown. But I am kind of glad he wasn't 1 and done. I don't think that would be good long term for us if he was out the door that quickly; he needs to have time to enact a culture change. It could be that next year he shows even worse incompetence, but I think keeping him around another season is the right call.

I haven't liked how he has handled some things. I am definitely worried about some of the culture that's been shown. But I am kind of glad he wasn't 1 and done. I don't think that would be good long term for us if he was out the door that quickly; he needs to have time to enact a culture change. It could be that next year he shows even worse incompetence, but I think keeping him around another season is the right call.

Yeah, this is where I am as well. He looks lost out there, but I think he needs another year. If next year is like this year, he may not make it all the way through. As long as he brings in a new D coordinator, the team should be better.

Our D is technically top ten this year or close to it. I'd be willing to bet Haslett is back again next year...just to torture us some more. Fine keep Gruden but replace most of the D staff (Olivadotti is a keeper), replace the whole scouting department and bring in a personnel expert. Of course little or none of that will happen.

If Haslett was returning, he would've been extended by now. At least that is my thinking.

The one good bit of news is that the Redskins moved up to fifth in the draft order.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Tennessee Titans
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Oakland Raiders
5. Washington Redskins
6. New York Jets

Games down the stretch:

Tennessee at Jacksonville
Oakland at Denver (Denver could rest starters)
New Orleans at Tampa Bay

As we know, Washington plays at Philadelphia and at home against Dallas.

Yeah, this is where I am as well. He looks lost out there, but I think he needs another year. If next year is like this year, he may not make it all the way through. As long as he brings in a new D coordinator, the team should be better.
Don't forget an overhaul of the o-line.
I've prayed for this for about 20 years...he's bound to have heard me by now.

Bit of both. But Beckham was almost their whole passing offense - Eli was looking at him almost every snap. Did we adjust coverages though and double him? You KNOW Bill Belicheck would have schemed to take him away or at least made some in game adjustment to take him away and force the Giants to go to other receivers. Not us though. The lack of effective in game adjustment on the defensive side of the ball is recurring theme and is baffling.

Ok, I know the reversed call at the end of the half is a dead horse, but I could not stand the mutual agreement by the talking heads, rather than any one of them pointing to the actual rule, so here it is, unfortunately. Sorry if someone already pointed it out. I had to see it for myself.

Of course, this section could be considered to have a bit of redundancy, so I'm going to go with the theory that Mara had this added after the call, multiple Mara minions worked on it, and they didn't clean up the repetition afterward.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/6_2013_Definitions.pdf

PLAYER POSSESSION
Article 7

Item 1: Player in Possession. A player is in possession when he is inbounds and has a firm grip and control of the ball
with his hands or arms.

Item 2: Possession of Loose Ball. To gain possession of a loose ball that has been caught, intercepted, or recovered,
a player must have complete control of the ball and have both feet or any other part of his body, other than his hands,
completely on the ground inbounds, and maintain control of the ball long enough to perform any act common to the
game. If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any other part of his body to the ground,
there is no possession.
This rule applies in the field of play and in the end zone.

Item 3: Simultaneous Possession of a Loose Ball. If a Loose Ball is controlled simultaneously by two opponents,
and both players retain it, it is simultaneous possession, and the ball belongs to the team last in possession, or to the
receiving team when there has been a Free Kick, Scrimmage Kick, or Fair Catch Kick. It is not simultaneous
possession if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.
The terms catch, intercept, recover, advance, and fumble denote player possession (as distinguished from touching or
muffing).

Note 1: A player who goes to the ground in the process of attempting to secure possession of a loose ball (with or without
contact by an opponent) must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the
field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control,
there is no possession.
If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, it is a catch, interception, or recovery.

Note 2: If a player goes to the ground out of bounds (with or without contact by an opponent) in the process of attempting to
secure possession of a loose ball at the sideline, he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball throughout
the process of contacting the ground, or there is no possession.

Note 3: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered loss of possession. He must lose
control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession

Don't forget an overhaul of the o-line.
I've prayed for this for about 20 years...he's bound to have heard me by now.

Morris and Foerster have to go as well. In both cases there have been existing players, draft picks and FA signings that have failed to produce at an NFL level. I'm sure the position coaches were heavily involved in the selection of the new players. Not only did they appear to miss in the selections of many of the players, but they have repeatedly shown, season after season, that they can't even prepare those players adequately for the games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.