• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I argued in the off-season til I was blue in the face that we are in full rebuild mode. I kept hearing that we have the players in place. Guys, it's ok...we are rebuilding. Give Gruden a chance. The guy needs players. We have some decent guys a few greats, but lack depth and starting caliber players at critical positions.

We have Scott Campbell and Bruce Allen picking players.

Think about that for a minute.

Lines and defensive secondary have to be rebuilt and major depth added. Until that happens, I don't see us being a contending team. It is what it is. Gruden looked very, very frustrated tonight. And Cousins looked terrified in the post-game presser.

did the Skins play today?!!

dang...I feel real bad playing a round for the first time in decades rather than watching the drama for which the plot was known well in advance.

Good round! feeling pretty good!

so tell me again.....they actually played today?

In a 'kick the dog' kind of mood eh Al?

I want a better running game, but these last two weeks we've played the top two defenses against the run. So, I expected us to struggle there.

They're going to have to respect the deep game here soon and not stack the box

It's not like DeSean hasn't had some big plays. Unfortunately, we haven't had enough mid range big plays to get the defense to back off.

I really don't see why they would.

A lot of fans seem to believe that RG3 is going to be coming back,riding a white horse and will save the day for the Redskins....magically curing all the team's ills.

Just doesn't work that way.

I'll be glad when Griffin gets back if only because he is confident and doesn't get rattled. Not that his confidence is warranted at all times - but I honestly don't think the pressure gets to him. I don't think I can stomach another 3 or 4 interception 4th quarter performance when we are still in the game. If we were down 21, I could be more forgiving, but Cousins is just crapping in his pants under pressure. At least with Robert, we have someone under center who will remain calm and gives us a chance.

I really don't see why they would.

A lot of fans seem to believe that RG3 is going to be coming back,riding a white horse and will save the day for the Redskins....magically curing all the team's ills.

Just doesn't work that way.
How about because desean is torching them every game?

In a 'kick the dog' kind of mood eh Al?

nah. I just can't take the on-field stupidity any longer. we are the NFL version of Ground Hound Day. rather than get torked and post the same "it all sucks" thoughts: I'm taking a break until the personnel dept/FO get their **** together and build a real team. lotta things going on in my life right now - enough to keep my more than busy. The Skins have finally pegged my fun meter at zero after 40+ years.

I watched Gruden at the post-game presser. I bet he really didn't realize the depth of the problem he was walking into. his comments abt the o-line puzzled me from the git go. well.....he knows now!!! it's gonna take more than one season to fix the secondary and the 0-line.

after thought: sure wish we had gotten that 5th round pick for Cousins when we had the chance! I don't think he is gong anywhere when his contract is up for renewal.

How about because desean is torching them every game?

And teams are still beating us because we can't run and we can't stop anyone.

What's a token td and 100 yds mean when they know that's all we got and they can pretty much handle anything else we have?

There was not one time today that Arizona thought they were going to lose control of this game.

That's how most opponents feel about the Redskins these days.

I want a better running game, but these last two weeks we've played the top two defenses against the run. So, I expected us to struggle there.

I see DeMarco managed over a 100 yds against the SeaHags defense today. All it takes is a good o-line. where can we get one?

As I have thought since I have joined this group. We need to focus on building an offensive line and better secondary players. I think the O-line might the third worst in the NFL.

I think it would be crazy to trade DJax. The guy is the most explosive receiver in the NFL. The Skins should have won today. They turned it over 4 times in the second half. Even though the defense is very thin and beat up, they were still managing to get stops today. As bad as it's been so far this season, I really don't think this team is that far away as it seems. The need better play from the QB, and they need a couple of serious upgrades on the oline. Hopefully RG3 can start to get it going when he comes back, and the oline plays well enough to keep him alive.

For those who saw the game, was there a chance that on the picks the wr ran the wrong route or were they all on Kirk?

For those who saw the game, was there a chance that on the picks the wr ran the wrong route or were they all on Kirk?

No wrong routes. First one was a disrupted WR screen. Forced it in after a delay. Second one sailed on him on a seam route. Last one was a throw across field like he didn't see defender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.