• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The only thing decent about this season was our coverage units, which were 8th & 12th in punts & kickoffs. Our return units were putrid, we stuck with Banks entirely too long. We cut Shayne Graham who went on to be very successful with Houston. We signed Shankdiff, who lived up very aptly to his name and shanked the crap out of most everything.

Kai Forbath is another bright spot, but I'm not giving DS any credit.

What do you guys think of Pittsburgh wanting our STs coach, Danny Smith? I say let them have him. One decent season wasn't enough for me to forgive him for the awful STs we've put out on the field the years before.

Good riddance?

Wondering about these stats and if it's a chicken or the egg comparison with pass rush? I know in fantasy football this year I often started whatever TE that was playing against us. I know London had a tough year but Riley being right behind him was a little disturbing.

Pro Football Focus (@PFF) tweeted at 6:43
AM on Tue, Jan 29, 2013:
Which linebackers gave up the most first downs & touchdowns? Redskin fans may not want to look at this http://t.co/BLM7x4se
(https://twitter.com/PFF/status/296267305422307329)

I'm betting the Redskins draft Rice TE Vance McDonald. He's currently shooting up draft boards. He's a beast at 6'4 260, has good speed and good measurables. His major weakness is blocking, but the Shanahans were able to make Fred Davis into a halfway decent blocker, so they can probably work with this kid.

5 years too late. But we're making progress.

Seems only natural for Zo to be disappointed.

Smith got decent coverage results. But the offensive side of our ST's has been non existent. And got more say on who his guys were than some want to believe. He stood up for, and by, an ineffective Randle El, and Banks. Terribly calling for directional kickoffs from guys who couldn't do it.
And an overall pathetic return game. Both on kickoffs, and punts, during his entire tenure.

Any stats to the contrary would be an illusion.

Goodbye, farewell, and best wishes. Except when you coach against us. We will expect you to do then, as you have, when.

Dear NFL, Robert's doctor has assured us that with proper rehab, which Robert excels at, and a return of 50% of our illegally penalized $18mil cap figure, that he will be at full strength, and ready to dazzle the league by the 1st Monday Night game of the season.

However, without the return of or cap money, we will not be able to adequately surround him with the protection required, in order for him to perform during nationally televised games. We would therefore be forced to bench him for such contests. He'd be restricted to doing tv interviews everyday explaining how the NFL was acting as football's version of la Cosa Nostra, who's intent it is to fix games, for profit. Which they then donate to causes such as, al Qaeda, Japanese whalers, and big tobacco.

We thank you for your interest.

Washington Redskins

Saw a couple people mention Hightower(?) Smith's assistant on Twitter.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Right on, was curious cause i hadn't heard a thing yet.

Several people have recently switched their avatars up and it has me all discombobulated. Funny how you associate a person with the random image they chose for their avatar, and then they switch it, and you have to double-take to make sure its actually them!

Hate espn, don't even watch them any more. NFL network on occasion but those guys are pretty frickin annoying too.

Abe was a Cornball Brother?

Wonder if he danced the Carlton?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

No chance he gets that. That's gonna scare a lot of teams off, I would imagine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.