• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I don’t get why we’d retain him for such a short time instead of getting capital for him while he’d fetch a good price? Makes zero sense to me. But no one has ever accused us of being the Patriots have they?
If I had to guess it's because Washington is in a weird place. I think they feel like they have to win. Given that they let Settle and Ion go they can't afford to let Payne go because that would make the middle of their line too big a question mark. I mean what if the 2nd rounder flops? So, on the one hand, while they do want to get value for Payne they know they will be a much worse team without him and his loss would hurt their ability to make the play offs.

That run is the reason I wore 44 all through my high school football days.

I think Boone's contention is that by trading Payne Washington could have gotten back a starter or package that would have helped other positions of weakness where we don't have a solution and free agents at those spots cost a fortune in free agency.

Where we are now though is Payne walks away and we get a comp pick in the middle rounds where there is what a 30/40% chance in NFL terms the prospect turns into a regular player for us?

Since we have Jonathan Allen and spent our #2 pick on a DT, I think we could have added a veteran in the middle of the defense to get us through 2022 as a run stopper.

Meanwhile, the idea of potentially adding a cornerback, linebacker or other would have made us stronger in the back seven.

I was at UVa and I don’t remember most of what followed that night :)

PXL_20220702_125256321.jpg

Stephen's first jersey came in. They've definitely changed since the first time they introduced them. It's definitely burgundy and gold and the three stars on the collar are badass.

I hate to Take Offense with the Take Command podcast (which I generally like) but…

The recent episode of Baldy’s Breakdowns with Baldinger & Jason La Canfora should be on some other channel. They take turns slurping on the Cowboys and Eagles, praising the direction and future of the Giants, and shitting on Washington.

Not a surprise coming from JLC but still.

Yeah… there just seem to be some ‘journalists’ who can never get past their animosity to the franchise and let it color their viewpoint (as seems to be the case with JLC, Loverro, and others).

Indeed. Baldinger though was all over the Eagles, claiming strength at every position. JLC just basically agreed with every point he made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.