• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Raiders Fire Jackson

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Reports are that the Raiders have fired Head Coach Hue Jackson. I'm personally sorry to see this happen. I think Hue is a class act and was hoping to see him do well, even if it was the Raiders.

I didn't think Tom Cable deserved it last year, and I don't think Hue deserved it this year. They had a solid team going early on and then had some significant injuries. I believe if Jason Campbell had been at the helm all season they would have won at least 1 or 2 more games and would have been in the playoffs. I guess they just want to start all over again. It will be interesting to see where JC ends up.

This is the biggest surprise firing I've seen in a while.
Jackson surely did more good, than harm, to an otherwise dismal franchise.
They're just digging themselves into a bigger hole.
It seems like Davis has come back from the grave to haunt the Raiders with yet another ridiculous decision.

From what I'm gathering while digging around for Redskins Recon stuff is that Jackson had been given interim control of football operations and while there did two dumb things. First he had a hand in Oakland trading their #1 pick and others for Carson Palmer and second he apparently tried to involve himself in the GM selection process-specifically he did not want Reggie McKenzie hired. When Al's son Mark Davis hired Reggie as GM Hue's fate was probably sealed..

At some location in the abyss, Al Davis is saying, "Now that is the way it is done! They made me proud today!"

At some location in the abyss, Al Davis is saying, "Now that is the way it is done! They made me proud today!"

Nope, he wasn't in the abyss, he was right there in the same room !

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-mckenzie-introduction?module=HP11_hot_topics

"About midway through the news conference, the lights at the Raiders' media center turned off, then turned back on, and a large projector screen began to dip behind Mark Davis and McKenzie before returning to its resting position.
Was Al Davis expressing his support (or disapproval) of the Raiders' new direction?"

From what I'm gathering while digging around for Redskins Recon stuff is that Jackson had been given interim control of football operations and while there did two dumb things. First he had a hand in Oakland trading their #1 pick and others for Carson Palmer and second he apparently tried to involve himself in the GM selection process-specifically he did not want Reggie McKenzie hired. When Al's son Mark Davis hired Reggie as GM Hue's fate was probably sealed..

Yep, I think this is spot on, from what I've been reading. The Carson Palmer trade was mostly indefensible, though I kind of applauded them for going for it all in a weak AFCW division in a year when the Chargers were (really) down. At the time of the trade, Tebow wasn't anything but a novelty.

So... did Football Jesus get Hue Jackson fired?

:paranoid:

So... did Football Jesus get Hue Jackson fired?

:paranoid:

No, Carson Palmer and Darren McFadden did. One by not playing well and the other by not playing at all.

If the new GM brings what he learned from Greenbay, the Raiduhs will be fine.

If the new GM brings what he learned from Greenbay, the Raiduhs will be fine.

Rumor is he wants to bring a Green Bay guy and former team mate over. Winston Moss is said to be the #1 on McKenzie's list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.