• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Raheem Morris in for a chat:

Well, Shanahan clearly said the day he showed up here he wanted to run the 3-4, so unless he's had a change of heart, any possible Hazlett replacement better be prepared to go that route.

Who says we have to keep the 3-4 defense if we bring in a new coordinator ?
If a team truly believes in a coordinator, they're going to let him implement the scheme he wants to do. Why handcuff him ?
Jim Haslett wasn't expected to keep the 4-3 when he was hired.
The majority of the time, a new D.C. does indeed shake things up when he arrives, and it's the exception that he keeps the same scheme, just for the sake of consistency.

Shanahan said Day 1 that this team would run the 3-4 and has drafted to that end ever since. I don't see him hiring a DC, at this point, to change schemes again. The fans would revolt, starting with this one.

Learned a short time ago that there are three assistants that could be released. We know one of them.

it was reported the other day on Redskins Nation that D. Green stated he was open to the idea of returning to the fold as DB coach.

it was reported the other day on Redskins Nation that D. Green stated he was open to the idea of returning to the fold as DB coach.

Yes, he tweeted this about 15 minutes after the game ended against Philly. Didn't like what he saw, I think.

DG28 is a great guy, but he needs to do the time before he is assigned a specific coaching job. Others have done it and he is no different.

Doubtful that this would happen.

he's not going to be playing. that guy has forgotten more about being an athlete and CB than most CBs ever learn.

I have no doubt he could out play at age 51 any corner on the team right now...

As for coaching, maybe a job specifically as corner coach working under a secondary coach.

Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris met with the Washington Redskins on Wednesday to discuss joining their staff as a defensive backs coach, a league source with knowledge of the situation said. Morris left town Thursday without accepting a position.

Times story

Three coaches huh? Well, we know one would be either Bob Slowik or Steve Jackson, perhaps both (my money is on both actually).

Wonder who the other 1 or 2 are? I am thinking Chris Foerster, the Offensive Line Coach, could very well be one of them.

I still think you sign him even if for that because if nothing else he brings tradition, he brings hard work and excellence and players who have ANY knowledge of the game will want to impress a legend like DG.

I agree completely. There isn't a player short of a small group that couldn't learn something from him. I would sign him in an instant, but ease him into it at first. That's why I said a specific job to start. Even Darrell would need to learn the nuisances of coaching safeties, before taking on a job as secondary coach.

I agree completely. There isn't a player short of a small group that couldn't learn something from him. I would sign him in an instant, but ease him into it at first. That's why I said a specific job to start. Even Darrell would need to learn the nuisances of coaching safeties, before taking on a job as secondary coach.

It doesn't have to be one or the other (DB coach or CB coach)
Take a look at all the "assistant" positions we have, and he could very well end up with a title like "Defensive Backs Assistant Coach" or something similar.

It doesn't have to be one or the other (DB coach or CB coach)
Take a look at all the "assistant" positions we have, and he could very well end up with a title like "Defensive Backs Assistant Coach" or something similar.

That's pretty much what I'm saying... I just wouldn't throw him into running the entire show to begin with.

As for Morris... after having to watch him for a while now, I can't stand the guy.

The thing about DG is, he wasn't a technique guy. Wasn't it Emmitt Thomas who used to tell any rookie that came along to "Don't watch that guy", talking about Darrell? I think he mentioned it in his HOF speech.

Darrell's speed, and instincts covered up his mistakes, and lack of technique. Unfortunately, speed and instincts can't be taught.

Loved Darrell, but great players do not automatically make great, or even good, coaches. He should pay his dues as a coach, by working from the bottom up. But, he should start somewhere else. It would be horrible if it turns out he sucks as a coach, and gets fired, after playing his whole career here.

hey..plenty of fast guys never made it. DG was more than a Tx flash.

Y'all are missing the point. That being, Darrell was not a technique guy, so he might not be the best guy to TEACH technique.

Don't think for a second I'm trying to minimize his play.

He may turn out to be a fantastic coach.
Or, he may suck horribly. But that would never change what he did as a player.

Y'all are missing the point. That being, Darrell was not a technique guy, so he might not be the best guy to TEACH technique.

Don't think for a second I'm trying to minimize his play.

He may turn out to be a fantastic coach.
Or, he may suck horribly. But that would never change what he did as a player.

I get your point. And my response is that I'm CERTAIN DG knows every last minute detail about CB technique - he's a professional...right? He played the position for 20 years. teaching/theory and playing to natural advantage are two different things. lotta coaches never touched a football field as a player....but they can teach technique. you're assuming DG only knows and will only teach HIS technique.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.