• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Quinton Dunbar TRADED

Right, and if I am the farmer Dunbar doesn't have enough meat on him to take him to the county fair :laugh:

We got a good solid QB and a draft that is deep with corners. We gonna be aight.

Reactions: Ax
As I said in another thread - the Seahawks got a bargain - if the guy can stay healthy. Dunbar looked like a top CB at times last season. But you do have to look at three things that drastically reduced his trade value. First of all, he literally has missed half the games in his career to date due to injury. It doesn't matter how talented a player is - if he can't consistently stay on the field. Secondly - every team in the league knew that he wasn't going to be in DC this year. They know Rivera was determined to rid the team of malcontents and that they could get him cheaper than normally due to the desire to move him quickly. Finally, Dunbar himself, by pouting publicly, putting drama on social media, and being a general vocal pain in the ass, reduced the # of teams interested in him.

So we took a 5th for a guy that probably, even with the injuries, was worth a 4th. It is what it is. But the positive is that we did recoup a 5th round (although one later in the round), and Rivera sent a strong message to the rest of the players. If you don't want to be here, we can make your dreams come true, and we won't bat an eye or shed a tear.

As I said in another thread - the Seahawks got a bargain - if the guy can stay healthy. Dunbar looked like a top CB at times last season. But you do have to look at three things that drastically reduced his trade value. First of all, he literally has missed half the games in his career to date due to injury. It doesn't matter how talented a player is - if he can't consistently stay on the field. Secondly - every team in the league knew that he wasn't going to be in DC this year. They know Rivera was determined to rid the team of malcontents and that they could get him cheaper than normally due to the desire to move him quickly. Finally, Dunbar himself, by pouting publicly, putting drama on social media, and being a general vocal pain in the ass, reduced the # of teams interested in him.

So we took a 5th for a guy that probably, even with the injuries, was worth a 4th. It is what it is. But the positive is that we did recoup a 5th round (although one later in the round), and Rivera sent a strong message to the rest of the players. If you don't want to be here, we can make your dreams come true, and we won't bat an eye or shed a tear.
Montae and Dunbar both walked out, while Fuller comes back. I want Breeland back, but we also have plenty of choices in the draft.

Like JP Finlay said "You want culture change? This is what it looks like".

Dunny was a great story. Failed WR, converted project CB who flashed greatness. But, like you said, always hurt or dinged up. Always seemed when we needed him most he didn't want to step up. I wish him the best, but I feel like we got a way better deal out of this.

Today's Trades Summary :

We gave up the guy who WON the game against Carolina, and gained the guy who LOST the game vs Carolina.
Overrated oft-injured malcontent for promising young QB with starting experience. Yesterday was a good day.

Shawn Springs lit him up on 106.7. Called him average at best. I tend to agree with him on the overall of it. He had some good moments in games, but he really isn't a top flight CB.

That's my take too. Quentin was a great story converting from UDFA WR to corner, sticking with the team when it was down to bringing guys in off the street due to injury, and working his way into a starting position. One could debate how much of all that was due to his skills, versus how depleted our secondary has been for the past few years due to injury. Either way, Quentin managed to make a few big plays in big games that resonated with fans and created an image for himself. But he's also been just a guy overall in my opinion, out of position and failing to make plays that were there on a pretty regular basis. That's my take based on watching games over, not on any 'expert' analysis I've seen.

Glad he had some moments for us, and at the same time kinda glad now that he considers himself ready to fly the nest and be the man, he's going to do it for someone else.

Ron and Kyle identified the guys they wanted around that fit the culture Ron wanted. Dunbar being traded meant he obviously wasn't one of those guys. Wonder how much behind the scenes/locker room stuff there was with him if this is the type of guy he is.

He came across as entitled after Ron was hired with all of his comments, but he just destroyed his career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.