• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Quarantimes

Chris, what's up with 2 lefties and one right-handed guitar? I play left-handed, but often wish I had learned to play right handed.

Well...I don’t have fingers on my left hand. I wanted to learn to play so first bought a righty and thought I would try to MacGuyver a way to use a slide on the fret hand.

That didn’t work. 🤣

Sooo...I bought the LH acoustic and immediately knew that was the answer. The Gretsch was something I had to have but I play the acoustic 90% of the time.

The pumping in crowd noise might also be a measure to have the "language" of players during the game drowned out as we know there's a lot of non-tv friendly discussions on the field.

So... times are different these days. Whether you have lost your job, been furloughed, relegated to working from home, or still going to/from, the pandemic has really altered daily lives. For me, it's been a very strange time, given that I've been alone for going on 3 months with only a couple of weekend visits from my wife (and an aborted friend get together last weekend). One can only binge watch Netflix so much and then...

On top of this being maybe one of the most 'introspective' times of my adult life, right up there with pre-Gulf War for me, I've grown tired of social media and the general public and the general anxiety and political grandstanding that seems to preoccupy most right now.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, either due to tons of vacant time and space, or by necessity, who has spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about what I want to do with the next 20 years (probably my LAST 20 years if I'm keeping it real), and also thought a lot about things I love a lot and are meaningful for me, but from which I have drifted.

Without making this all about me, just a few things I've thought about are getting back down to an ideal weight (I've dropped close to 20 lbs so far during this COVID period), becoming more fit and physically active, becoming a good golfer (something I have never been and which remains elusive), and getting back to playing music (specifically, making the guitar, piano, and sax a consistent part of every week). And in a less selfish vein, being separated from my wife so much during this tough period, not only has made me appreciate and love her more than ever, it has re-educated me on just how much I have allowed her to take on the workload of daily living over the years. I had truly forgotten what a pain in the ass level of tedium simple ongoing tasks such as shopping, cleaning, doing the dishes and clothes, and (jesus!) even emptying the cat litter box really are. I will be a better husband when she is finally home again.

What kind of mental and spiritual journeys have you guys been on during your time in bizarro world?

My direct world hasn't changed a whole lot owing to me working from home full-time already and my kids being homeschooled their whole lives. And yet, lots has changed. It's weird.

Like Boone, I'm working at dropping some weight. I woke up a few weeks ago to discover I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I feel like it. Not in a good way either. I've taken up running and a few exercises designed to strengthen my core, and I'm paying attention to how much and what I put on my plate. While I'm still drinking beer, I have cut back a bit but for me, there are professional considerations of dropping it completely. I really can't afford to let my palate go for weeks.

Speaking of beer, I'm working on taking my business virtual. I'm looking at creating Youtube and Patreon channels for beer education and I've gotten serious about putting together my website for it. That has pushed me to learn Wordpress as well as audio and video editing. I'm turning my home office into a podcast like recording space. I should have much of it up and running in the next few weeks. This falls into Boone's category of "what do I want to do with my next 20 years" and is the first step toward owning my own growler/bottle shop & tasting room.

Almost done remodeling the jack-and-jill bathroom my girls use. That project got started back in February and has taken up a lot of time this spring. I should be finished with it sometime next week. We did a lot of work in the yard.

This may have already been mentioned, but has anyone considered what the league might do to compensate for lost ticket sales? Might this be a year when we have to pay to watch?

I'd work from home, too. My only issue is having 2 kids home while I try to do so.
Do you ever find yourself singing, "Creature report! Creature Report! Make way for our mission...?"

I was up to 194 pounds before dropping down to 180 trying to get into the 175 range before I turn 61 in december. I use the bike path every day to walk to Lowes, wendy's or Chick Fil A one way or to the Town Centre for 5 guys, red robin, panda express, etc. 4 mile walk if I go left 5 mile walk if go right. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.