• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

QB: Pass on Griffin and Flynn

I'm with fansince. None of the former backup QBs that were traded to another team to take over the starting job has been lights out except Schaub. And even he hasn't won a SB yet. The advantage of this option is that it's lower risk, but the reward seems limited as well. I'll take Luck or RG3 and live with the increased chance of him being a bust since the upside of either is probably higher than Flynn's.

i'm really hoping for RG3, but I don't think we're going to get him. i think we could wind up moving down and taking Tannehil.

I would love to see either Luck or RG3 in B&G next year but do not want to trade up for either unless it is for say a 1st and 3rd only. If GB franchises Flynn I hope the FO does not have any interest in him at that point. The $15+ M for a year is enough to make his risk/reward not worth it to me, let alone trading away picks to get him. I would prefer the team trade back and stockpile draft picks again and draft a couple QBs to compete for the job.

i'm really hoping for RG3, but I don't think we're going to get him. i think we could wind up moving down and taking Tannehil.

Hey GSF!

Not ragging on you....but the more I think about this scenario...the more I think it's voiding into the wind. I think we're all latching onto a couple Internet posts/QB rankings and just assuming this kid is a high prob answer - with really nothing to back that feeling up. I've read enough that sends up a lotta red flags. moreover, I think this strategy ends up with more 5-11/6-10 seasons for the next 3 years.

This and next years #1 + a 2nd or 3rd this or next year....get RGIII.

i think flynn will be just like kolb...1 game and alot of people are drooling over him...i really dont care for rex ,but BUT i think we have a better chance with him...tha packers are going to sign flynn to a contract then trade him for picks or players like mcnabb was delt ,just flynn is younger so the'll get more for him.. im sorry guys i just don't think flynn is tha answer ! any thoughts...

i think flynn will be just like kolb...1 game and alot of people are drooling over him...i really dont care for rex ,but BUT i think we have a better chance with him...tha packers are going to sign flynn to a contract then trade him for picks or players like mcnabb was delt ,just flynn is younger so the'll get more for him.. im sorry guys i just don't think flynn is tha answer ! any thoughts...

http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=42827

I have warmed up on trading up for RG3 and also have cooled off on Flynn a little too. That being said I would still take Flynn over Rex in a second! The big knock on Flynn is he's just had a couple of good games and his skill set could be that of a backup. Well, we have seen a lot of Grossman's games now and we know that his skill set is that of a backup.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I have warmed up on trading up for RG3 and also have cooled off on Flynn a little too. That being said I would still take Flynn over Rex in a second! The big knock on Flynn is he's just had a couple of good games and his skill set could be that of a backup. Well, we have seen a lot of Grossman's games now and we know that his skill set is that of a backup.

your right bout rex and flynn but do we really want to wait for a QB to learn tha so called system :insane:..if we're to wait i rather wait for RG3 so us fans can have something to look foward to..:clap2:that's why it is a must we trade up to draft tha young man ....HOPE :chestram2:

Hey GSF!

Not ragging on you....but the more I think about this scenario...the more I think it's voiding into the wind. I think we're all latching onto a couple Internet posts/QB rankings and just assuming this kid is a high prob answer - with really nothing to back that feeling up. I've read enough that sends up a lotta red flags. moreover, I think this strategy ends up with more 5-11/6-10 seasons for the next 3 years.

This and next years #1 + a 2nd or 3rd this or next year....get RGIII.

Yeah i'm not advocating trading down, i just think it might be what they do if they can't RG3. i want him too, but there's no guarantee we get him.

If you have to go with either player than I would sign Flynn.

That would allow the team to keep its top draft choice and continue to fill holes on the roster.

If you move up for Griffin at great cost and he is a bust, this team is in the toilet for the next 3-5 years.

If you have to go with either player than I would sign Flynn.

That would allow the team to keep its top draft choice and continue to fill holes on the roster.

If you move up for Griffin at great cost and he is a bust, this team is in the toilet for the next 3-5 years.

no matter who you draft at 6 they can be a bust.

no matter who you draft at 6 they can be a bust.
Yeah, but trading multiple picks for a bust is exponentially worse. i personally don't think he will be a bust, but what the hell do I know!

What would be great, strictly for entertainment purposes around the ole innerwebz, would be for RGIII to be there at 6, and we trade down.

What would be great, strictly for entertainment purposes around the ole innerwebz, would be for RGIII to be there at 6, and we trade down.

You are a bad man, Ax. A very bad man.

Are you trying to make my life as a mod hell? ;)

LOL!

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.jpg

:rotflmao:

Well, I didn't say it would be a good thing.

Just entertaining.

Unless you're a mod.

Maybe you should put in for some vacation time that month?
Just in case.

I don't see it happening but this isn't the first Mock Draft I have seen where RGIII falls to us at #6 without us doing anything.

Yeah, but trading multiple picks for a bust is exponentially worse. i personally don't think he will be a bust, but what the hell do I know!

life is all about risk taking!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.