• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

[PSA] Those attending MNF game - LEAVE EARLY

tshile

****** PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THOSE ATTENDING THE MONDAY NIGHT GAME ******

As of September 6th, 2012, the Washington, DC area was ranked #6 worst traffic area in the country
http://www.weather.com/safety/autosafety/top-10-worst-traffic-cities-20120815?pageno=6

As someone who deals with traffic in this area, and has visited the other areas mentioned, I can honestly say I think that the other places are a bit over ranked - DC should be higher on the list. Not #1, but higher than #6.

The Monday night football game kicks off at 8:25 PM EST.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE TRAVELING TO THE STADIUM BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 4 PM AND 8PM

It takes us an hour and 10 minutes to get to the game on a regular day from where I live.
Last Monday night game we left late for we hopped on 66 at about 4 PM (because of the people we waited for, it wasn't my idea...). We arrived at the stadium, and parked, at 8:20. We missed kickoff, but not much more.
IT TOOK OVER 4 HOURS TO GET AROUND 495 AND INTO THE PARKING LOT.

To give you an idea, I'm leaving at 2:30 for this game (which is about normal for me and Monday/Thursday games). I plan on being in the parking lot no later than 4/4:30 (if traffic is that bad that early.)

It is very common to see people still filtering into the stadium parking lot going through the 2nd quarter of a Monday/Thursday game.

If you have done this before and are comfortable with your plans then kudos to you. If this is a first time MNF game for you, then trust me - whatever time you think is early enough isn't.

Good luck. Have fun. Be in your seats at kickoff. Be quiet on offense. Be loud on defense - that means when they get their huddle, don't wait until they're at the line of scrimmage.

hah!

well, I hope we can leave early because we're blowing out the giants :)

the stadium was empty for most of the 4th quarter against the eagles. we stayed, we figured we don't get to enjoy blow outs enough to miss it :)

Been there done that and will be there again. Plan on being there by 4-4:30 before the traffic really gets bad. As far as leaving the game early? My dad would roll over in his grave if I did that :)

I agree that DC is likely the worst at times. I had to take my wife to the embassy there a few times when I was getting her immigration stuff done and I've never seen worse traffic anywhere outside of Tokyo Japan during Golden Week lol.

I've never driven to Fedex Field but I could imagine how bad it can be on Monday during rush hour traffic.

Hah!

One interesting thing is the new hot lanes... Wonder what it would cost and how fast they would get you to the game during rush hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.