• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

[PSA] Redskins fans with no directv/Sunday ticket - How to watch the games

tshile

If you're a redskins fan who lives outside of the viewing area and fall victim to the networks dictating who you see, don't have the sunday ticket, and are curious how you can get the games for cheaper than the sunday ticket I have your answer.

gamerewind.nfl.com

edit: for 35$ you get to watch the broadcast of 1 team for the year and you don't get the coach's film. I don't have this package, so I have no idea how different it is from the 70$ package in other areas. read the fine print.

for 70$ you get every game's broadcast in it's entirety. you can watch the entire brodcast from start to finish, commercial free, or you can watch the 'condensed' version which is the broad cast without the in-between-play stuff (you can watch the entire game in about 35-40 minutes and not miss a play).

you can't watch it while any game is actually being played. for example, sometime around 7:30/8 PM EST tonight you can't watch any of the games because a game is on. but you can watch it any other time.
I don't know when the game becomes available, it's available now at 6pm the day after the game.

i got it just to rewatch plays and be a complete nerd. the quality is really good, but it's dependent on your internet connection. if you get 3mbps download speed you can get hi def video. It's not choppy either. If you have any questions about your download speed you can test it here: speedtest.net

it's not perfect, it's not free, but it's an option if anyone needed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They must have fixed some of the problems they were having, because I bought this last year, and I was frequently unable to watch the games until Tuesday. It was SUPER annoying.

For it being a delayed viewing and not live, it should be much cheaper, IMO.
But very cool of you to share the info.

I think there are cheaper options if you only want to watch one team, but you don't get all the fancy coach's film with them.

Yes. its 34.99 for 1 team. I'll update the original post. Thanks lanky!

I did this two years ago (they lowered the price considerably maybe 6 games into the season that year) and it was always available midnight on Sunday (assuming the Sunday night game was over by then). Don't know if that's changed.

I have the one team option and I have access to the coaches film. The 1pm sunday games are supposed to be available right after the conclusion of the Sunday night game and then blacked out during monday night football again. THis should be midnight (EST) or 9pm my time, which is why I signed up. Not so. :(

Week one the game wasn't available at last check midnight PST so I watched it at 5am PST.
Week 2 was a 405 EST game that wasn't available Sunday Night again until Monday AM (PST).
Week 3 I was at the game didn't look until Tuesday AM but was available then.
Week 4 was a 425 EST game and wasn't available Sunday Night until Monday AM (PST)

So going with what Jamie says above I guess they've gotten better since last year, but it still could use some improvement. Too expensive for one team IMO and the blackouts are effing silly also IMO.

I'm on 4G wifi (Clear) out here and the quality is outstanding. Game rewind has a manual adjustment for bandwidth which works very well. The "BACK 10 SEC" button and the "RESTART FROM BEGINNING" buttons are right next to each other though and that sux.

Well, to be honest, I never checked early morning Monday, because typically I had to work. So, by the time I got home, MNF would be on and the game would be unavailable. I often checked Monday night after the game and Sunday night after the late game, and it was usually unavailable. Its the main reason I went with Sunday Ticket online this year instead of game rewind.

I am not trying to rub it in, but I am so glad I do not have to figure where or how to watch a Redskins' game anymore! I do not miss the days of NFL Gametrax, the TV on whatever game is playing hoping for Skins' highlights and toward the end the sirius satellite radio going. IT SUCKED!

Last edited:
Yea, this is the type of thing, either for the "football nerd or geek", or someone who is involved in professional sports writing, commentating, coaching, etc.

But for the casual fan like myself, the game loses its value and luster, and of course its "suspense", once it's over.

Yea, this is the type of thing, either for the "football nerd or geek", or someone who is involved in professional sports writing, commentating, coaching, etc.

But for the casual fan like myself, the game loses its value and luster, and of course its "suspense", once it's over.

I go full out radio silence if I can't watch it live. Nothing worse than watching a game that you already know how it ends. I shut my phone off, pc, radio, everything. That is no fun at all but I find sundays to be pretty damned productive if I have to go incommunicado.

Yeah, you'd have to fall into a unique category of not being in the market, not having sunday ticket, and being willing to not pay attention until you can watch the game in full or not caring if you not the outcome before you watch.

For me if i know the outcome I don't really want to watch, especially if it is a loss :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.