• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Props

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I just wanted to acknowledge you guys/gals today.

Let's face it, not only was the game today difficult to sit through, but the season as a whole has made it tough to sustain hope, optimism, and positivity.

While you folks are expressing plenty of doubts, questions, concerns, and even anger, I just wanted to give everyone some kudos for doing it with about as much class, civility, and calm, rational thought as anyone qualifying as 'human' could hope for.

I'm impressed.

Take a quick tour around the interwebz and you'll see plenty of expletive-laden, hyperventilatory discussions.

It doesn't make the results any easier to take, but its good to know I'm venting with some of the smartest Redskins fans out there.

Kudos :cheers:

It's all about the atmosphere here Boone. When you have that more laid back and personal type of feeling on a board, there's no need to the expletive filled rants. It's a lot easier to get your point across when you have a smaller community as we do here. Now I'm not gonna say I don't enjoy the occasional such rant, but after a loss this is a bearable place to be at.

It's all about the atmosphere here Boone. When you have that more laid back and personal type of feeling on a board, there's no need to the expletive filled rants. It's a lot easier to get your point across when you have a smaller community as we do here. Now I'm not gonna say I don't enjoy the occasional such rant, but after a loss this is a bearable place to be at.

Samir, I am surprised you don't hang out here more often.

Boone, you're right. This is a great place to discuss Redskins' football! Glad to be here. Props goes out to having the vision to create this site. Thank you!

I just wanted to acknowledge you guys/gals today.

Let's face it, not only was the game today difficult to sit through, but the season as a whole has made it tough to sustain hope, optimism, and positivity.

While you folks are expressing plenty of doubts, questions, concerns, and even anger, I just wanted to give everyone some kudos for doing it with about as much class, civility, and calm, rational thought as anyone qualifying as 'human' could hope for.

I'm impressed.

Take a quick tour around the interwebz and you'll see plenty of expletive-laden, hyperventilatory discussions.

It doesn't make the results any easier to take, but its good to know I'm venting with some of the smartest Redskins fans out there.

Kudos :cheers:

Boone,

Reading this board after a loss is like going in the cold tubs on Mondays for NFLers. Painful, but you know you are going to be better off for doing it.

In all seriousness, thanks for creating this wonderful community. It's a pleasure to read here.

I'd also like to take the time to thank the Washington Redskins for making this Sunday's loss easy on my heart. It's always nice when you know by approximately 1:18 p.m. on a Sunday what your record is going to be going into the following week.

There's very little room for verbal diarrhea around here. And that's a good thing :)

That said, I'm not very angry about today's game because I honestly only watched/listened to a few minutes of it.

I think we're pretty numb to this by now.

Why be angry this happens pretty frequently to the Skins, especially against the Giants. Did anybody here REALLY think the Skins were going to win today?

No not talking about the "I'm a fan we'll win support the team today attitude". I mean serious "lay money down" bet pick. Would you have put money down on the Skins to win today.

Not me. I had the Skins losing 31-9. And I really didn't get mad at all during the game.

I would not put money on any of the Skins remaining games. No way!

Samir, I am surprised you don't hang out here more often.

Boone, you're right. This is a great place to discuss Redskins' football! Glad to be here. Props goes out to having the vision to create this site. Thank you!
I'm trying to transition myself over to posting here. I've mainly been lurking lately but I'll be a larger part of this board during the offseason. I definitely prefer doing my team related postings over here, but I'm more a fan of offseason moves than midseason rants and reviews.

Friggin Nazi. How dare you cultivate a calm atmosphere here when clearly there is a need for 25 "Fire Shannahan" "Fire Hasslett" "Fire the waterboy" threads that all say the same thing

Seriously though, thanks for this place. I think a lot of folks have said already that they have become comfortably numb to the state of Skins Nation, so maybe that helps.

On the other hand, looks like it's time to start the annual, year end ritual of figuring out who to root for to win the Super Bowl

On the other hand, looks like it's time to start the annual, year end ritual of figuring out who to root for to win the Super Bowl
Easier to pick the teams you DON'T want to win it.

1. Eagles
2. Ravens
3. Chargers
4. Giants

If I was going to rant it would have to start with myself. So much to do yesterday, but I let myself sit there and watch the entire game. Being a 40+ year Redskin fan its what I do. Why do I submit myself to such misery. Even my 19 yr old son said he would like to see Redskin in playoffs once more in his lifetime.

Boone, thanks for this place. I will come here this week for counseling. This site helps me to realized I am not alone.

Absolutely Boone (I struggle with calling you that). Great community here. I'll stick around this time. Still have no idea why I didn't the first time. I still love it over there (I'm a glutton for punishment) but this place has a great feel to it.

Add the Patriots to that list, please. I hate that team.
Yeah, me too. But if they're all that stands between the other teams on my list, and a Lombardi, then I'll suck it up and root for maggots.

Easier to pick the teams you DON'T want to win it.

1. Eagles
2. Ravens
3. Chargers
4. Giants

Wow. That's exactly the same list as mine. In the same order even.

Creepy. :)

of course the Cowboys are always #1 but I assume you are assuming they are out of the running and don't matter

I would not put money on any of the Skins remaining games. No way!

I had money on the Giants -7 yesterday. That was like the bank opening up its vault and saying "here, we don't really want this anymore. YOU take it!"

Hmmm....I definitely agree on the Iggles and Gints-but, to be honest, I can't see any team with a likely chance to take the SB this year that i seriously hate-the other ones I truly despise, Cowbums, Minny-are kind of out of the picture.

Hmmm....I definitely agree on the Iggles and Gints-but, to be honest, I can't see any team with a likely chance to take the SB this year that i seriously hate-the other ones I truly despise, Cowbums, Minny-are kind of out of the picture.

This, and I would add the AFC East to that list as well. I do not want to see Rex and the Jets nor Bill and the Pats win it. I think any other NFC East team goes without saying.

At this point, I like Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and the Falcons. Not a fan of their coach after the last time we played them, but if I have to root for someone else, it's them or Green Bay.

Good point about the Jets. They easily win Most Likely to Annoy this year.

I'm rooting for the Saints to repeat. Got a lot of friends from NOLA, and that team is easy to root for. The only reasons to dislike Drew Brees are because he stole your old lady or ran over your dog...there is nothing else unlikeable about the guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.