• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Prince & the Revolution: Live

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
YouTube and Google have teamed up with the Prince estate to run a concert from the Purple Rain tour, shot in 1985, all weekend as a fundraiser. If you never got the chance to see this guy in concert, here is your chance. Whether you loved his music or not, Prince live is something of an event. He was a born showman and the Revolution was one amazing musical group.

Prince & The Revolution: Live - March 30, 1985 Syracuse NY

The full show is nearly 2 hours but it's worth even a few minutes of your time.

Very cool. I always liked Prince. The thread title is a little ironic.

I was very disappointed when I discovered, after their passing, that both Prince and Tom Petty apparently had major substance abuse issues. That just makes me sad. But at least they were able to live through the peaks in their careers and enjoy a lot of life and success before the drugs finally took their inevitable toll. Never saw either of them live and I wish I had made that happen.

Watching this video and I am struck by the sight of mic cords everywhere.

The kid was pretty good but Morris & the Time had to educate him back in the day.

educate him? LOL

that is why they opened for him and costarred in HIS movies.

I posted this on my FB wall on Friday. Prince was a mastermind; a real genius. But, the revolution were right there with him. Wendy and Lisa do interviews where they talk about how they were all one unit and Prince never acted above them.

Prince actually created The Time as a side project. In fact, he played all the instruments on their first album. Only Morris Day appeared on it with him. He used the name Jamie Starr to record and produce it.

I have been a guitar player most of my life. In and out of more bands than I can remember, mostly metal and heavy music but I have whored myself out shamelessly to other forms of noise if the price was right. I'm currently a legend in my own basement because demand for fat old metal-heads seems to be at an ebb at the moment. Anyway, I can say without reservation that Price was fantastic live. I saw him, once in 93' and again in 2000. He was great of course but I paid special attention to the rest of his band both times. Saying that they were "tight" wouldn't be accurate. They were so "tight" that they were able to loosen it up just enough to make it interesting, if that makes sense.

That's always something that I admired about him. He ALWAYS surrounded himself with other fantastic musicians and gave them enough space within the framework of his songs and arrangements to really make things special. Thanks for the heads up on the show. I'll check it out.

You can fast forward to Prince's solo part if you want. He is so good that you can see the impressed look on everyone's face.

The man had it all as a guitarist. Tone, ear, power, accuracy, speed ... and masterful showmanship. Few and far between have ever put it all together like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.