• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN NT RON BRACE

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE​

For Immediate Release
February 14, 2013

REDSKINS SIGN NT RON BRACE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed nose tackle Ron Brace. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Brace (6-3, 330) was originally selected by the New England Patriots in the second round (No. 40 overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 39 career regular season games with seven starts. For his career, STATS, LLC credits him with 39 tackles (24 solo) and one forced fumble. He was released by the Patriots on Dec. 29, 2012.

Brace played collegiately at Boston College from 2004-08, starting 40 of the 49 career games in which he appeared. He recorded 85 tackles (50 solo), including 23 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks during his Eagle career and earned All-ACC second team honors following his senior season in 2008.
Brace, 26, was born on Dec. 18, 1986 in Springfield, Mass. He attended Burncoat H.S. in Worcester, Mass., where he earned Inter-High all-star honors three times and was named team MVP in 2003. In addition, he won state shot put titles in 2003 and 2004.
-REDSKINS-

ABOUT THE REDSKINS: Headquartered at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia, and owned by Daniel Snyder, the historic Washington Redskins Football Club has won five World Championship titles including the 1937 and 1942 National Football League Championship games, as well as Super Bowls XVII, XXII and XXVI. Founded in 1932 as the Boston Braves in Massachusetts, the team changed its name to the Redskins in 1933 and relocated to Washington, D.C., in 1937. Since then, the team has become one of the most recognizable professional sports franchises in history, featuring three Hall of Fame coaches, 19 members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame (with seven others who also were Redskins) and becoming the first team in the NFL with an official marching band and fight song, "Hail to the Redskins." The Redskins have been owned by Dan Snyder since 1999, and beginning in 1997, began playing their home games at FedExField in Landover, Md.

I thought Baker was coming on a little toward the end of the season. I wondered who would win between Baker and Neild. I think Bakers contract is up - anybody? Glad to see them at least trying to find someone at a position of need.

Yeah, but there seems to be no real way to solidify that position this offseason Ryan. We need to wait until next year to find that stud unless we find another late round gem. I liked Baker's enthusiasm and motor, I just don't think he has what it takes and this appears to be a signing that supports that.

brace was a great player in college and a lower end guy with the Pats but he was a lauded NT prospect, if he comes in in decent shape, he might help in a rotation. but this does NOT mitigate the need for a genuine Nt.

I think we're all clear that this is a depth move.

I don't think this move signals anything RE: Baker's performance, El.

I don't think this move signals anything RE: Baker's performance, El.

I do. We signed a potential rotation guy to a position that Baker played last year. Brace has been on the wire for nealry 2 months and no one has signed him so he is not a great by any means. They are bringing him in to compete with Baker...our other rotation guy. If Baker was so good, they wouldn't have brought in Brace.

I do. We signed a potential rotation guy to a position that Baker played last year. Brace has been on the wire for nealry 2 months and no one has signed him so he is not a great by any means. They are bringing him in to compete with Baker...our other rotation guy. If Baker was so good, they wouldn't have brought in Brace.

Or, this is like many other signings that happen every year, a body for training-camp/OTAs. If they were brining him in for competition, they'd have signed him before the season ended I would imagine.

If anything, I would say this signals bad news about Nield's health, but I'm more inclined to think this is just a regular, run of the mill training camp signing (as Baker was).

....but this does NOT mitigate the need for a genuine Nt.

What isn't genuine about this guy as a NT? It appears that this is his natural position and it is certainly what he was drafted to play. He is about as genuine as it gets, as opposed to Cofield who really is more of a 4-3 DT or maybe a 3-4 DE.

Now, if you want to talk about a more talented NT, I am with you.

I don't think the Redskins are that sold on Chris Baker. And Chris Neild may not come back from the knee 100% so the team is adding depth.

Brace seems like a guy with talent that just never got the memo that he had to work hard in the NFL to stake his claim.

Linemen often take meandering routes to finally establishing themselves in the NFL.

Hopefully the move by the Pats to release him despite being a high pick will be motivation for him to work harder here in DC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.