• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN LB DARRYL TAPP

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE​

For Immediate Release
March 28, 2013

REDSKINS SIGN LB DARRYL TAPP

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed unrestricted free agent linebacker Darryl Tapp. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Tapp (6-1, 270) was originally selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the second round (63rd overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 103 games with 35 starts in seven NFL seasons, amassing 24 sacks, 18 passes defensed, nine fumbles forced, eight fumbles recovered and two interceptions, including one returned for touchdown during his rookie season in 2006.

Tapp spent his first four seasons (2006-09) with the Seahawks before joining the Philadelphia Eagles via trade on March 16, 2010. Coaches have credited Tapp with 288 career tackles (209 solo), including registering 34 tackles (15 solo) in 13 games played as a defensive end with the Eagles last season.

Tapp, 28, played collegiately at Virginia Tech, where he played in 53 games across four seasons from 2002-05. Tapp recorded 187 tackles (38 for loss) and 23.5 sacks in his collegiate career, during which time he played with current Redskins wide receiver Joshua Morgan and center Will Montgomery.

Tapp was born on Sept. 13, 1984, in Portsmouth, Va. He attended Deep Creek H.S. in Chesapeake, Va., where he compiled 22 sacks in leading his team to a 34-4 record during his three seasons with the varsity squad. He also earned letters in basketball and track.

Really? Going to take a guy who is almost 29 and put him in a 3-4 for the first time in his career?

Really? Going to take a guy who is almost 29 and put him in a 3-4 for the first time in his career?

Ideally, Orakpo should be healthy enough for the first 4 games, that we shouldn't need a stellar backup as a replacement for RJ.
I mean, we're counting on the health of much more hobbling (and key) players like Merriweather, and other scrubs we signed, for the full season - so why not count on the health of Orakpo for just 4 games ?

I'll wait to see if RAK makes it through the preseason before I count on him for anything more then dead money.

I hate to say it folks but no Orakpo equals no pass rush.

Kerrigan is developing into a solid linebacker and he has some rush skills, but his athletic ceiling I don't believe is high enough for him to be the guy other teams dread having to scheme for.

Tapp has been pretty serviceable on the Eagles. I think between his presence to rotate in and out of the lineup as well as his play on special teams may make him more of a Lorenzo replacement rather than a stop gap for a suspended Rob Jackson.

Just a thought.

Of course serviceable for a 4-12 Eagles squad may not equate to making the final roster somewhere else for 2014.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.