• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Press Release: REDSKINS HIRE MALCOLM BLACKEN AS DIRECTOR OF PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
March 13, 2013

REDSKINS HIRE MALCOLM BLACKEN
AS DIRECTOR OF PLAYER DEVELOPMENT​

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have hired Malcolm Blacken as the team’s Director of Player Development.

Blacken rejoins the Redskins for his third stint with the team after serving as a strength and conditioning coach from 1996-2000 and during the 2010 season.

Blacken previously served as the Director of Speed, Strength and Conditioning for the University of Colorado’s 16 varsity programs, including day-to-day operations with the Buffaloes football program, during the 2011-12 seasons. From 2001-09, he served as the Detroit Lions’ strength and conditioning coach. Before his first stint in Washington, Blacken was an assistant strength coach for the University of Virginia's football program in 1995 and worked with all other sports in the Cavaliers' athletic department as well. For three years (1992-94), Blacken served as the head strength and conditioning coach for George Mason University, where he oversaw the program for all of the university's varsity sports.

Blacken began his coaching career at the University of South Carolina in 1990-91 as the football program's assistant strength and conditioning coach.

Blacken graduated from Virginia Tech in 1989 with bachelor's degrees in art and physical education. He was a Hokies running back from 1984-88 and was a four-time letter winner. While at Virginia Tech, Blacken was a two-time winner of the Super Iron Hokie Award (1987-88), which is given yearly to the football program's strongest player at each position.

Blacken graduated from Mathews County (Va.) H.S., where he lettered in football, basketball and track. He was an All-State performer in football and track, winning the 1983 state championship in the 100-meter dash.

Hmm...I wonder if Reed will be faster once he gets the "Blacken" treatment.

Beat y'all to it.

:beatnik2:

Man, Shanahan and Allen apparently took the "Cornball Brother" comments WAY too far.

/ducks

Blacken the day PD had that position.................now that was terrible, I'll take my lame award at anytime.

I've known about this for a couple weeks now and I like it. I am friends with his wife from High School and have been getting updates for years now. Good stuff, he's a top notch guy and a pretty good artist too.

Who's he related to on the coaching staff? :paranoid:

So they were wrong. Once you go Blacken you can go back.

Oh, I missed the first part of the article in which he was with the team Blacken the day as strength coach. The hire makes more sense now.

I've been Blacken off of my previous opinion that PD was the only man for the job. Now back to listening to my AC/DC Blacken Black CD. Carry on.

Don't worry; the novelty will wear off soon, and regular posts will be Blacken no time.

Dr. Seuss be ooBlacken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.