• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Press Release: Redskins Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Week

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 13, 2011

THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS CELEBRATE HISPANIC HERITAGE WEEK

ASHBURN, VA. – The Washington Redskins announced today their plans to celebrate the passion and contribution of the team’s Hispanic fans, players and staff during “Redskins Hispanic Heritage Week”, Sept. 12-18. Celebrations will take place throughout the week and will culminate with the Redskins facing the Cardinals on Sunday, Sept. 18 at FedExField.

Partnering with Univision Interactive Media, the Redskins have launched their new and improved Redskins en Español website (http://sitios.univision.com/redskins/) which is filled with Spanish-language information about the Redskins.

“The Redskins en Español site is a tremendous opportunity to extend the fan experience with exclusive Spanish-language football content,” said Kevin Conroy, president of Univision Interactive Media. “We are thrilled to continue delivering on our commitment to present Hispanic football fans with first-class sports offerings and access to the latest about their favorite teams, including the Washington Redskins.”

Extensive content, both on the Redskins en Español website and nfl.univision.com, ranges from latest news to pregame information and recaps of all games. The sites also provide access to video highlights, interviews and news conferences. Moreover, NFL enthusiasts can contribute and have access to an array of multimedia features, including photos of the games and training sessions, on the Redskins en Español site.

In addition to launching the website, the Redskins will celebrate Hispanic Heritage Week at the stadium, both on the field and on the HD videoboards during the game. On the field, Guillermo Enrique Lopez will receive the NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award, made possible through support by Bud Light, to recognize the contributions he has made in the community. Lopez has been on the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Bobby Mitchell Hall of Fame Golf Classic Committee that has raised over $7 million for LLS since the tournament’s inception.

The Junior Redskins Cheerleaders will be participating in Hispanic Heritage festivities by performing a Hispanic-themed routine at halftime during Sunday’s game.

Lastly, the Redskins will be unveiling a special rendition of the Redskins’ fight song titled 'Viva Los Redskins,’ which was written and produced by Michael Garin, José Antonio Melián and Matt Rocker. More information on 'Viva Los Redskins’ can be found at http://tinyurl.com/VivaLosRedskins.

(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

:soapbox: I demand equal time for a celebration of my European Heritage. Ah, what the heck.....I'm sure I can get into the spirit of this celebration....IF I can find my "lost shaker of salt". ;)

It's a little quirky but I gotta admit....I dig that "Viva Los Redskins". :)

Last edited:
You gotta click that 'Viva Los Redskins' link and take a listen :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.