• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Press Release: EVP/GM Bruce Allen

Ok, a little tidbit here - just heard this about two minutes ago...

The league and both teams are in something of a "staredown" and hoping the other will blink before this afternoon.

Also, if court action is forthcoming this afternoon - emphasis on "if" - then both teams are prepared to present a highly detailed list of all "offenders" from the uncapped season. Each of those teams would be subject to a subpoena.

21 hours and counting - still nothing from the league in written form.

21 hours and counting? Wait, I thought free agency started today 4pm?

EDIT: or 21 hours since the penalties were announced? Funny thing is, they never really were announced, it was Adam Schefter who broke the news via "sources."

21 hours and counting? Wait, I thought free agency started today 4pm?

EDIT: or 21 hours since the penalties were announced? Funny thing is, they never really were announced, it was Adam Schefter who broke the news via "sources."

Yes, 21 since Schef broke the story. Interesting note about that. The league was hoping to keep that silent and release the news this afternoon. Schef foiled those plans and the NFL is livid about it. Oh well. They must've missed the memo about Schef and Shanahan being good friends.

Yes, 21 since Schef broke the story. Interesting note about that. The league was hoping to keep that silent and release the news this afternoon. Schef foiled those plans and the NFL is livid about it. Oh well. They must've missed the memo about Schef and Shanahan being good friends.

I have to admit... that thought did enter my mind at one point last night.

Nick

Talk about playing it cool...

Dan Snyder has been on his yacht the last few days. Take that Goodell!

Agreed. Cerrato would have had absolutely nothing to do with this if he was still here and of course.... He's not.

Allen's doing what he can do. I don't feel good about this at all, the NFL seems to be becoming more and more like a dictatorship and I don't see this changing that progression.

GODdel will get even if we don't play along, that's the short version. There are way too many opportunities for him to nickel and dime Snyder and our players to death. Taking a hard stand on this opens the entire league to problems, no? I don't really see this ending well for us.

The only thing I would look forward to is allowing us to spread the "penalty" of 36mil over several years, not just 2.

Thing is, if we back out of this out of fear of repurcussions, we still lose out, because then the league can think they can continue to walk all over us, and take advantage of us like they're trying to do now. So either way, there's risk. Unless Goodell is ousted, and the threat is removed.

Regime change is what we need !!

Keep reading on Twitter that our FO is moving forward with plans as if there was no change.

Weird day today, that's for sure.

So, if I'm reading this right, DeMaurice Smith used this nonsense as a way to not drop the salary cap? Another useless buffoon.

Another angle: maybe the Redskins & Cowboys were in with the effort to bring down league spending, and offered to be the fall guys? I don't know. Its all so fishy. I can't believe the NFL went ahead with this - did they think fans just wouldn't pay attention???

I dunno Lanky...seems more reasonable to me that the Skins were thinking they could use 2010 to advantage by clearing out Fat Albert's overhead (recal lall the talk about taking that one time hit back then?) in order to set up a flexible cap position come 2012 and beyond

Keep reading on Twitter that our FO is moving forward with plans as if there was no change.

that's what I'd do were I in charge! The NFL made the faux pas...if the Skins are to be believed...of not documenting their policy...and then compounded the matter by not enforcing it uniformly.

this just doesn't compute. someone behind the scenes is way po'd and acted before thinking.

Although we may have a clear intent to move forward with the spending, the decisions lie with the players. How many top tier players are going to want to mess with the uncertainty of them getting paid if they sign with us and we don't win this?

And more importantly, the 2nd and 3rd tier signings that will help solidify our depth... What happens to those guys who don't have as much money to gamble on whether the Redskins can pay them or not?

What are the agents saying? Are they going to warn their players not to sign with us? Are the owners who seem to be behind this little scheme, strong arming agents behind the scenes?

Now, will the trade with the Rams be signed off on? I had just accepted the deal in my mind and was ready to embrace Andrew Luck, ;) now I have to get used to the #6 pick again? What does that do to the Rams if it doesn't happen? They lose leverage.

This is a big cluster **** and I think the damage may have already been done. I think the "leak" of info may have been the most damaging part and the original intent here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.