• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Predict The Game. Atlanta.

Who wins this weekend?

• Total voters

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Who wins? What are your thoughts?

Falcons are full of themselves.

Redskins running game has it's way with them. Which, makes the passing game even more effective against Atlanta's bottom 5 pass defense.

BIG day out of Crowder. BIG day. 2 TD's (1 might be that punt return we're waiting on)

Redskins 31
Falcons 17

The Falcons have been a very opportunistic team. Matt Ryan is playing the best football of his career. They have an underrated defense.

They are not unbeatable.
You should be thankful that we do not have one Ryan Mallet on this team. He may be the worst qb in the league right now.
Other QBs they have beaten. Sam Bradford, Branden Weeden, and Eli Manning(the only good qb of the group).

I don't think we have enough good guys in the secondary right now to keep them from making enough plays(including getting Pass Interference Calls). We are still a young, mistake prone team with a special teams group that has you watching with both hands over your eyes, every time we punt.
Until Cousins can prove that he can have a big game on the road in a hostile environment, I am not going to expect it. You might be able to make the same argument about Gruden. Win 2 a row guys.

Will MC Hammer be on the sidelines for the game... ?

Nick

Here is what I wish was going to be the case...this is a trap game for ATL. They are going to underestimate us, they are going to think that our secondary is weak and that they will be able to pass on us all day. We are going to be trying to get a streak going and riding the high of beating Philthy and come out swinging. Our DL will swarm Matt Ryan, our run game will completely catch them off guard, and they will get ZERO pressure on us.

Skins 30
ATL 24

Last road game didn't go great for us, which is understandable considering we're a young team. We absolutely CAN beat these guys, but it will take them having an off game and us being on the ball.

Skins 24, Falcons 20

We're #1 in the league in time-of-possession. The Falcons are #2. It's going to be interesting, regardless... I really think this game could go either way, but Atlanta won't score their average. I think it's a little inflated because of the small sample size.

Skins 27, Falcons 17

We are averaging just under 20 points per game. Gonna need more this week, less settling for FGs.

First team to 30 wins.

Wild and wooly, lead changes every quarter.
Last team with the ball gets the FG for the win.
Whoever opens the 2nd half on offense has the advantage.

Coin toss will tell the story.
:)

I'm amazed by all of you picking the 'skins to score 30 or more points, especially since they're averaging fewer than 20 points per game. I only see a Redskins victory if they can play stout defense forcing a couple of turnovers while pounding the rock to gain the time of possession advantage and keep the Atlanta offense off the field. If they continue with the penalties and special teams blunders I think that will be the marginal difference that will prevent them from winning.

Gonna be hard to slow their receivers, so gonna take some scoring to get it done. I'm not picking against them, so 35--31 'Skins. :)

Devonta Freeman may be the most dangerous RB you have never heard of. Reed and Jackson likely won't play. Culliver is hobbled. They have the best WR in the NFL at the moment.
Our defense has played surprisingly well, but I don’t see us stopping their passing game, nor do I see us scoring enough TDs from the Redzone to keep up.
31-17 Falcons. I think we will at least stay close in the first half.

There still seems to be some uncertainty about whether Freeman or Tevon Coleman takes the lead RB role but Freeman has been on one hell of a tear with 7 rushing TDs so far. He's mostly used on 1st down and 2nd down but inside the opponents 20 he's been a terror scoring those 7 TDs on a total of 17 Red Zone rush attempts. If we manage to keep him from busting loose too much we may have a chance.

One interesting stat that looks to be in our favor is QB rating inside the opponent's 20 yard line.

Redskins-106.7

Falcons-84.7

Another that works the other way is the time of possession. We're at about 36 minutes the Falcons at 34-#1 and 2 in the league.

Thing is, Atlanta is averaging right at 1 point per minute of possession-we're at 0.54 so our efficiency on both sides of the ball needs to be at the best it's been all season.

I'm going to go 21-19 as the final score.

Could be us with 21, maybe not.

Sources:NFL Team Stats - SportingCharts.com

Devonta Freeman Stats, Splits - Atlanta Falcons - ESPN

If i had to bet, i don't think we have a chance, too many injuries. If Reed and Jackson are both out that is going to put too much pressure on Kirk. If we can't stretch the field teams are going to start sitting on the short stuff and if we're without Reed as the safety valve underneath the ints could come in bunches.

As a kool aid drinking fan, if we can do our thing and run the ball and win TOP and keep their offense off the field we could have a chance. We'll need to continue to play good D and not give up the big plays like we have in the last 2 games also. Atlanta ranks 28th in total defense. That gives me hope! They're allowing only 85 yards a game rushing. The biggest reason for their ranking is the pass yards they have given up, but that could be due to playing with a lead and playing soft against the pass late in 2 of their games.

I'm honestly split. I could see us getting rolled bad and Cousins completely melting or i could see us keeping it close and possibly stealing one. The homer in me says Skins 24 -21. We win with a last minute FG.

With a healthy Reed and Culliver, I think we'd give Atlanta all they could handle. But without them, or Jackson, starting a 4th string TE and a secondary held together by free agents, rookies and rubber bands, it's just hard to see us getting the W. I think we'll hang tough, but won't have the horses or horsepower to pull out a monster road win. Could happen, but it would take Atlanta coming in fat and sassy, turning the ball over and making mistakes. That just doesn't seem to happen much against us.

Atlanta 27, Washington 20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.