• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Game Skins Quotes 9/23/19: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
REDSKINS QUARTERBACK CASE KEENUM

On the interceptions:
“Sure. First one, I thought Trey [Quinn] ran a pretty good route. I overshot him a little bit, tried to go deep down early in the game. It just kind of flew on me a little bit, safety's in a great spot and made a play. Tough deal. Second one, I tried to throw a deep out route to Paul [Richardson]. Tough pocket but this is the NFL. I left it inside and the guy made a great play. Third one, we ran an all go, tried to hit Vernon [Davis] down the seam, the safety read my eyes and made a play.”

On lack of passing game success tonight:
“A number of different things. Obviously, they rushed pretty good. They did a good job with that. We can be better. You got to do better.”

On if he is responsible for the fumbles:
“It's all on me. You turn it over that many times as a quarterback, I let my team down. This is all on me. I really do. I take complete responsibility. I have to take care of the ball better. That's my number one job. And especially the way our defense was playing early, getting after the quarterback and doing a good job keeping everything in front of them. They got all the momentum off of the turnovers. They scored a lot of points off of turnovers, so that's all on me.”

On the fourth and one play:
“I was just trying to sneak. I mean just trying to get over the top. We got lined up a little late, so I saw those big guys lined up and geared up ready to go and I just tried to jump over the top.”

On staying focused:
“We just keep doing what we do. I don't read any articles or things on social media. Nobody's opinion matters except what's in that locker room.”

On the importance of consistency:
“You want to be consistent. I think it's important to be consistent. You want that from your quarterback. It's really important. I think it's something that the entire team needs to count on. It's my job to be the same person all the time and when you're not, it's tough. You put your team in a tough spot.”

REDSKINS RUNNING BACK ADRIAN PETERSON

On where he feels the running game sits after three games:
“I feel like [we] definitely had a better quality of runs. We were definitely more consistent with it. Me personally, I have to be better in certain situations. The one that stands out the most to me, that third-and-one. Just staying true, keeping front side. Cramming for the first down. I saw the flow [of the defense] and decided to take it backside and kinda got tripped up on [an offensive lineman]'s feet and I thought I got the first down. Me, that's a game changer, first down, new set of downs, seven minutes to go. [That] would have put us in position to score seven, now we're down six with six minutes to go. So, that's huge when you think about that. And think about how the game went in the first half and leading up to that point and not being able to execute.”

On running out of the shotgun compared to other formations:
“To be honest with you, it doesn't matter if it's out of the shotgun or the pistol, it's designed to execute a certain way. But that's me being more patient or a faster pace run then I can go out and get it done. I feel like the down runs I had, they were pretty successful, they were good. To me, it doesn't matter if it's out of gun, pistol, I-formation, fullback in front of me. It doesn't matter.”

On struggles with the offense:
“Disbelief because we have so much talent and this is the third week in a row that we're just sitting here like ‘God.' You know, [if] we can just get it going for four quarters. We have a really good team. Thinking about everything that happened today, four, five turnovers, just missed opportunities in the run game, the pass game. I think the defense did an outstanding job, we put them in some terrible positions. There we are with seven minutes in their territory and we just need to convert to put points on the board and we have a game, it's six minutes left. That's how close we are. It's all about just learning from this. I know guys realize how good we are. Tonight was the perfect example of coming back out second half, having a different energy to us and we weren't giving up. We can tell with how we played and how we put ourselves in position, of course we need to execute. We just gotta improve on the things can improve on.”

REDSKINS WIDE RECEIVER TERRY McLAURIN

On the frustration of losing:
“It's frustrating when you lose. We just got to play two full halves of football. It felt like in the 3rd quarter we had a lot of momentum. It doesn't matter because we lost. We have no time to sulk, it's short week. We got to go back to get one in the division this week. We're going to look at the film over these next two days, get our bodies right and go back at it on Wednesday.”

On of scoring a touchdown in every game thus far:
“I'm a win-loss kind of guy. So when I scored, we lost. At the end of the day, what I want to do is come out here and be productive for my team. I'm trying to do that to the best of my ability. At the end of the day, I want to win and we all want to win. In the box score, it doesn't say 'Terry had a great game, it says ‘the Redskins lost.' I feel like that. Our team feels like that. That's how I feel.”

On staying focused during a losing streak:
“Well, I just worry about the people in our building, to be honest. Everybody has a job to do in the building. As media people, you guys have jobs to do. But me personally, I don't point the finger. I've never been raised that way. When things get hard, you turn on your teammates, you turn on your family? I've come from cultures where we've had ups and downs. Adversity hits, but it's how you come back. I'm not pointing the blame on anybody. I'm not jumping ship on anybody. I'm going look at myself in the mirror and see what I can do better and come back stronger on Wednesday. I feel like we're all going to take that approach and try to get a win in the division next week.”

On turning the ball over five times:
“We don't want to turn the ball over at all, especially when it's that many times. You can't win an NFL game turning over the ball. It just stings because we felt like we've lost in three different ways. I like said, we just got to continue to look ourselves in the mirror. Everybody has a hand in that. It's not just one person. We're going to try and get those corrected going into next week.”

On if it's tougher losing from turnovers:
“That's the big thing about the NFL, especially being a rookie that I'm noticing is little mistakes can come and bite you. Every team in the league is good. I feel like everybody sees more when we're playing with tempo, our defense is flying around, we're moving the ball great and we're a tough team to handle. But when we have self-inflicted things – turnovers, penalties, whatever it may be – it's tough to keep our momentum going. As a team, we're going to continue to look at that, look ourselves in the mirror and get better.”

REDSKINS LINEBACKER RYAN KERRIGAN

On the frustration of losing:
"It's frustrating. It's been like three different kinds of losses. Blew a lead Week 1, last week we didn't stop the run defensively, tonight, we got ourselves in a hole and couldn't get out. It's frustrating for sure."

On losing at home:
"Home field should be a place where we take care of business, and we haven't done that the past few outings that's for sure. I think tonight was kind of in line with that."

On staying on Coach Gruden's message:
"You got to move on. Move on quickly. Especially with this short week with Monday Night Football. Got to get in, get your treatment tomorrow, then it's Giants on Wednesday; It's all Giants."

On the feeling of being 0-3:
"We got a long way to go. We dug ourselves a little bit of a hole here. We have the talent in there. I truly believe in the personnel that we have – on the coaching staff and on the roster. We just have to put a complete game together. Defensively, it's like we played a great first quarter, terrible second quarter, and a pretty good second half. We just got to find a way to just play consistently for four quarters."

On the importance of not pointing fingers:
"We all have a hand in these losses for sure. Defensively, offensively, special teams, we all have a hand. I think it's about being accountable and fixing what we're doing wrong."

On noticing a difference in the first quarter compared to the second quarter:
"No. We just didn't respond well to sudden change. They got the ball, turnover deep down into [our] territory. At that point, we got to hold them to a field goal attempt. That's our goal whenever a situation like that happens. We got to hold them to a field goal attempt and not allow them to get into the endzone. We didn't do that, and that's why the scoreboard looked the way it did."

REDSKINS LINEBACKER COLE HOLCOMB

On what the message was at halftime:
“It ain't over, we still got 30 minutes left. Had a bad first half, still had 30 more minutes to pay and honestly, I thought we came out and fought pretty hard."

On what the defense did better in the second half:
“Just executing. In terms of, ‘Hey, we're going to have a call and we're going to execute how we're supposed to execute it.' When we do that, good things happen.”

On Bears Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky's performance:
“Mitch [Trubisky] played a great game. Hats off to him, always knew he was a good quarterback. He struggled a little bit [this year], but he came out and he played a good game today.”

On how the defensive unit gets on the ‘same page':
“If it's, as a linebacker, turning around and making sure your safety gets the calls, might be sitting in the film room a little longer with the guys, who knows. It can be a handful of things, honestly.”

REDSKINS SAFETY LANDON COLLINS

On the challenges of staying focused:
“It's still the beginning of the season. We're going to take it step-by-step, play-by-play, going with the methods.”

On what those methods are to stay together:
“Just staying together, honestly. We've just gotta build something with each other. Somebody has to do something special and then it goes from that and so on.”

On the halftime changes:
“Just taking it one play at a time, one step at a time, do our job to the best of our ability and try to make a play.”

On Chicago's use of crossing routes on offense:
“I just think they knew what we was in and just kinda got to beat us in what we were in.”

On the key of finding consistency:
“Just doing our job.”

DEFENSIVE LINEMAN JONATHAN ALLEN

On his frustration with losing:
“Anytime you lose, it's frustrating. It doesn't matter if you lose by one, two, three or 300. Anytime we lose, I'm frustrated. So, like any other week, I'm going to look at the film tomorrow. I won't have time to dwell on this. It's Week 3, I don't know what team has been eliminated from the playoffs after three weeks. We're O.K., we're O.K. Everything we do is self-inflicted. We've got to do the small things right and we'll be fine. It's not time to jump off ship and if you're not with us now, that's cool, keep that same energy.”

On how to maintain focus during tough stretches of the season:
“We're supposed to be the best athletes in the world. If you don't have the mental toughness to stay focused after three weeks out of a 17-week regular season, I don't know what to tell you. So each guy has to be held accountable and just take it from there. There ain't no magic sauce to get this thing turned around, just doing the little things right and that's what we've got to do. Like I said, if you're not going to support us now, which you shouldn't because we're playing like [trash]. I don't know what you want me to tell you, so don't support us now, don't support us later. We're going to circle the wagons in this [thing], we're going to get [it] right. Believe that.”

On how he felt physically:
“I felt fantastic. I felt fantastic, no hiccups, no pain. I'm good.”

On the defense hurting themselves with self-inflicted plays:
“Yeah, I genuinely believe that. If you look at the film, we're just not getting a pass rush, we're letting guys run wide open, defense isn't communicating. We're just not doing the little things right. There's no secret recipe to play good defense, just play hard, play physical, and communicate. We've got to find out where the lack in communication or physicality or effort is and we've got to fix it starting with myself.”

LINEBACKER JON BOSTIC

On how to avoid overreacting after an 0-3 start:
“We're competitors. None of us in this locker room like to lose and I can tell you, especially on the defensive side of the ball, it's a lot of guys that haven't done a lot of losing. We have guys who've won national championships and they expect to come in – the work that they're putting in, they want that stuff to start carrying over into the game. Like I said, we're seeing it in spurts, but it's got to be the full 60 minutes. Guys are eager to get back to work, that's the fun part about it is we have another chance to win again next week and we want to get better. We want to keep bringing the guys along, no matter who's in that position, whose number is being called upon. Whoever's number gets called upon, go in and make a play. Like I said, you're supposed to set the edge, you're supposed to be in six [technique], be in the six [technique]; you're supposed to be in the middle of the field, deepest of the defense, you know, whatever you're being asked to do, go in there and do exactly what you're being asked to do. If we go in there and we do exactly what we're asked to do, we'll like the outcome.”

On ignoring outside opinions of the team:
“It matters about us in the end, that's what it comes down to. Block all of the noise off from the outside. We've got to get back to playing football how we see it, I mean we see those spurts of us playing well and what not and the team feeds off of us. We'll go out there and get turnovers and what not – you see the turnover we got today and they went on a 12-play drive, took four or five minutes off the clock. That's big for us, it gives us a break, then we're going out there fresh and all of a sudden, boom, another three-and-out. So, that's what football is all about, everybody's got to be on the same page, everybody's got to work together, especially flipping the momentum – they were able to do that with a couple turnovers, but for us we've got to go out there and flip the moment right back.”

On what the team can improve on:
“I mean, everything. Guys got to do their job, that's what it comes down to. Put us in great positions tonight to be able to make plays. We've got to make tackles the first time, you can't miss tackles and make it up the second or third time. We're supposed to set the edge, set the edge. We're supposed to be inside a block, pressing from the inside. We had a good game plan going in, we just got to execute.”

On how to motivate team for next week's game:
“It's competitors all around this locker room. You've got guys in here who haven't done a lot of losing, so this is kind of new to them. Guys just got to get back to work, we just brought it up, you can see guys are ready to get back tomorrow and get after it. We want to get this thing turned around and we understand there's a sense of urgency.”

On whether playing the Bears had added importance to him:
“It's nameless, faceless opponents. At the end of the day, we're going out, we're here to compete. Regardless of what the decal on the side of the helmet is, we're here to compete.”

CORNERBACK JOSH NORMAN

On how tough this game was tonight:
“Every game has been tough for us thus far. This one was even tougher just because I feel like back in our stadium we've got to get a win.”

On how to get this turned around:
“We've got to keep pushing, man, we've just got to keep pushing. This thing is not a sprint, it's a marathon. It's the first quarter of the season, right now we're 0-3, only thing we can look for right now is the Giants. Go in there, get a win and start things off on a good foot first quarter. We'll go 1-3 and turn it around. It's a new quarter, second quarter coming up, but before we can look at that we've got to look at the Giants. Let's just get a win, that's all we can do.”

On whether this team is together:
“Absolutely, absolutely together. Nobody is bailing out, nobody is turning and tucking tails, I'll tell you nobody is doing that, man. We know what we have in this locker room amongst ourselves and everybody else we could care less, you know what I'm saying? At the end of the day, that's what we pride ourselves on and right now we're just missing things here and missing things there that we're going to sure up, that's for sure. We're going to get coached up and take everything in on a positive note and come back next week. That's all we've got.”

On how they're keeping the locker room together:
“Obviously, we've just got to keep playing and our breaks will come. Our breaks will come. We have a really good group. I'm blessed to play amongst these guys. We'll catch some breaks coming up soon hopefully. We play hard, we really do. It's just unfortunate, sad that things happen that's out of our control that we can't do anything about. Only thing we can do is show up and put on our hard hats and go to work, and that's all we have and all we can do. Just blessed that we can stay away from injuries right now, we're nicked up a little bit, but we'll be back for the Giants.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gruden doesn't emphasize acquiring a pass blocking TE in the offseason yet last night he calls a game where tight ends are supposed to block Khalil Mack.

Rinse wash repeat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.