• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Game Quotes: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
August 24, 2013
FedExField

QB Pat White

On the game:
“It felt good to get the win. I thought we worked hard, played hard for 60 minutes. It was good to come out with a victory.”

On the confusion with the play call before the touchdown run:
“Yeah, we had some technical difficulties, but we were able to get the play called. I didn’t make up a play – I called a play that we have in our arsenal. We [he and Kyle Shanahan] had a little eye contact communication. He was able to relay to me what he wanted.”

On the division of reps between White and quarterback Rex Grossman:
“I’m just excited to have an opportunity to get on the field and compete – whether it’s one rep or 20 reps. I’m happy to have this opportunity.”

On his ability to transition on and off the field:
“It happens in practice, and it’s similar to the games – where 1st string gets most of the reps and the backups have to be able to come in and perform to the best of their abilities with the opportunities that we get.”

On his ability to perform well during the preseason:
“All I’m thinking about is making this play work – doing what I’m coached to do and doing the best job when I have an opportunity.”

On following fullback Darrel Young to the end zone on his touchdown run:
“The offensive line did a great job of blocking, we had great blocks from the receivers downfield, and Darrel [Young] did a great job of power driving the guy about 20 yards down the field – and I just followed his block and got in the end zone.”

On the effectiveness of the passing game because of the zone read:
“It makes the defense defend all 11 players, knowing that the quarterback can throw the ball or run at any second.”

On his play overall against Buffalo and his comfort with the Redskins’ offense:
“I still have a lot of work to do. I still can do a lot of things to get better, both mentally and physically. So, I’m just happy to have an opportunity to go out there and compete.”

On his opportunity with the Redskins:
“I feel like I’m enjoying myself, but I still feel like I have a lot of work to do.”

On the amount of read option he ran in college:
“That’s pretty much all we did in college. It takes some work, reps, but I’m happy to have this opportunity and I’m just going to try to make the most of it.”

On his increased comfort as a passer:
“Reps, trusting my receivers, being able to practice with them, getting the timing down and taking coaching help.”

On his comfort level right now:
“Our coaching staff does a great job of getting guys ready for the games, so I trust that they’re going to be ready to play. They’re going to give everything they’ve got for 60 minutes. I just have to go out and do my job.”

QB Rex Grossman

On his touchdown pass to wide receiver Pierre Garçon:
“I felt like I was going to get an obvious second-window throw, I just had to maneuver my arm a little bit to get it around 'cause normally he’s right where we completed it. When he was up at the line, I knew there was going to be a blitzer, drop out of leverage kind of, so I faked the run a little bit just to allow Pierre to get open there and get the pass to him.”

On if he expected to trade series in the second half:
“Yeah, I mean we were going to go three and three, and then I had the choice if I wanted to play or not, and I just wanted to play. There were a couple of times we were trying to get some catches to some guys, and I wanted to be a part of that. You know, I could play if I wanted to, and I wanted to, and then [quarterback] Pat [White] just went the rest of the time in the fourth quarter there.”

On how he felt today:
“Yeah, you know, it was fun to start the game and go with the ones and be in that huddle again. We didn’t have a long week, obviously, but at least we prepared a little bit and knew ahead of time. Just even preparing going to bed last night knowing I’m starting and going through that whole routine again so.”

On the play of the offense:
“I think it boosts everyone’s confidence. It’s sports, you know, momentum means everything. I don’t understand it, but it’s in every sport. You know, you start to have success, and it breeds more success, and that’s definitely true in football. Whether you’re running the ball and it opens up play-action, and you kind of get into some rhythm, and I just think everybody feels it, and everyone feeds off each other.”

On how the offensive system helps build momentum:
“Yeah, I mean, we’ve got a great offensive staff. From Coach [Mike] Shanahan to [Offensive Coordinator] Kyle [Shanahan], to Matt LaFleur the quarterback coach, and offensive line coach [Chris] Foerster, and everybody is just really good at what they do, and everybody tried to put a game plan together in a short week, and it worked out. Everybody played pretty well.”

On the difficulty in taking a series off then coming back in to play:
“It’s fine. I mean, there’s no excuses or anything. You just go out there, and the ball is snapped. It doesn’t matter if you played the previous series or not, and I mean, I think you are going to have some good series and some bad, and hopefully, you just capitalize when you get out there so you can have a good series or two. Starting off well really helped.”

On having a short week coming up:
“It’s always tough, but I think we just did it so we’ve just got to do what we did last week and do it again.”

RB Alfred Morris

On how this prepares them for the season opener:
“Well, I mean, it’s a preseason game. You get to come out here and play against an opponent, a team that doesn’t know what you are going to throw at them and kind of get a realistic look. You know, sometimes when you go against your own defense, you kind of know at times what’s coming. You know some of their calls, some of their checks so it’s a little different, but going against another team is always going to be a good opportunity to prepare for the regular season.”

On how this preseason was different than last year for him:
“I feel good, but I do sometimes want to stay in there and kind of get warmed up and keep going, but I know the coaches have my best interest in mind, and they are preparing us for Monday Night Football. And this is a preseason game so I know what they are doing so I take it with a grain of salt, and I’m just getting ready for the opener.”

On if he likes what he sees from the offense regardless of who is playing quarterback:
“Oh yeah, definitely. It’s a great offense. We have a group of great players here so no matter who we have in there, our offense can run, it can work. So you know, we did a great job of showing that today. Like I said, it doesn’t matter if it’s our first team, second team, or third team, Coach is doing a great job of finding the best people and bringing them to camp, and they are going to have to put great work on film.”

On the other running backs on the team:
“They’re great. Competition makes us all better, like I’ve been saying all of camp, and to keep going out here week by week and put work in on film, and it’s just showing that we have a group of talented guys. We’re making it hard on the coaches to decide who is going to stay and who’s not going to stay. And it’s only making us better and even if – I would like for all of us to be here, you know, we all work good together, and we all have a lot of chemistry together, and I wish we all could stay – but if not, if someone happens to not be here they are going to wind up somewhere else because of what they are putting on film and doing on the field.”

RB Chris Thompson

On showing confidence after his fumble:
“It’s just all a mindset after you make mistakes. Mistakes are going to happen. I feel kind of bad that it happened in back-to-back games, but once Coach puts me back on the field, I have to make big plays to show that mistakes don’t affect me.”

On if Head Coach Mike Shanahan told him he could not afford to keep making mistakes:
“Exactly. That was my whole mindset after that, just to show Coach that I can do it.”

On how to put mistakes behind him:
“You just have to realize that’s part of football. You’re not going to be perfect every single play. You’re going to have mistakes, but you’ve just got to put them behind you. You know, that’s what any football player should be able to do, and if you don’t, you are going to be in the tank game after game.”

CB Josh Wilson

On his pass interference penalty:
“I got caught. Go out there and play the game; just go out there and play football.”

On today’s game:
“I feel good just being able to have the chance to get out there and play football again – tackle football, not this touch stuff we’ve been playing in practice. So it felt good.”

On the speed of the Bills’ offense:
“Any offense that goes at this speed – and the Bills have the hurry-up – it’s tough. It’s hard to simulate that in practice. I’m glad that we had the opportunity to go through that in a game.”

On what he learned from today’s game:
“Just understanding how we’re going to have to function as a defense. Understand how the calls and the plays are going to come in, understand the conditioning that you need to go through that.”

On what the defense had to do to communicate:
“You just have to be on top of your game. Going in the huddle and understanding the situation.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.