• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Portis Out 4-6 Weeks

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
This is gonna hurt.

No pun intended. :)

...lets's hope his replacement doesn't experience groin pains!...... :) .....

Groin injuries suck. I'll be surprised if he's back in 4 weeks, much less 6

Of course I hate to see Portis go out, but it will be a great time to see exactly what Torain has. I'd like to see him get at least 20 carries, maybe even 25 since Portis isn't in the game.

Get well CP! We sure will miss your blocking on 3rd downs!

My first thought on hearing the news ... we have almost certainly seen CP's last start as a Redskin. And depending on how quickly he gets back to game speed, we may have seen his last carry.

The man gets hurt almost every time he takes the field now ... unless he falls down to avoid getting tackled, which of course won't do.

The Clinton Portis Era endeth, friends.

Man had quite a run.

My first thought on hearing the news ... we have almost certainly seen CP's last start as a Redskin. And depending on how quickly he gets back to game speed, we may have seen his last carry.

The man gets hurt almost every time he takes the field now ... unless he falls down to avoid getting tackled, which of course won't do.

The Clinton Portis Era endeth, friends.

Man had quite a run.

Yeah, I saw on twitter yesterday that he is owed $8.5M next year, but exactly none of it is guaranteed.

Happy trails, Clinton...kinda sad, actually.

Yeah, I saw on twitter yesterday that he is owed $8.5M next year, but exactly none of it is guaranteed.

Happy trails, Clinton...kinda sad, actually.

Very sad. You can quibble with his off the field antics, but when he stepped on the field, all heart. I have great memories of him, starting with his first run.

Fred Taylor had a similar injury and was out for the season so I think it could be fair to say we've seen the last of Clinton. Not sure he'd be willing to come back to the Skins for less money. When a RB has a rough couple of years like Clinton has had, other teams are just not likely to gamble on him unless it's for vet minimum. He'll either have to mull that or retirement. Either way, we will likely be saying, to paraphrase Om, "thus endeth the Portis era."

When a RB has a rough couple of years like Clinton has had, other teams are just not likely to gamble on him unless it's for vet minimum. He'll either have to mull that or retirement.

He is much older than his chronological years.

I think it is what it is ......and it is over.

It's literally impossible for him to stay on the fied anymore. Hope he retires--give him a chance to end it on his terms. He did have one heck of a run though......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.