• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Portis on IR(?)

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
On the road, don't have a link, just heard on Richmond AM 950. Does anyone have a link?

Is this he end for CPort as a Skin?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Confirmed...its all over the twitters. I do think this is the end of Portis in Washington, and we'll get a glimpse of the (possible) future in DC with Keiland Williams & James Davis getting the majority of the workload this weekend.

I would like to see what they like about Davis so much. Could be fun this weekend.

If that is the end for CP, God bless. Help of a player.

If this is it, it's a damn sad way for him to go out. I know this won't be popular with a lot of fans but I'd like to see them come up with a way to keep him around.

Hard to envision him returning in 2011, but I suppose anything's possible so we'll leave the door unlocked just in case.

That said ... seeing CP run strong (probably for) one last time on Sunday was bittersweet. I didn't expect we'd ever see him start again, so it was fun while it lasted. And the success he was having put a smile on my face that recalled the brilliant, mercurial player he was on some hellishly bad Redskins teams.

No doubt the man has left his mark on this franchise.

Nothing but the best CP.

On the road, don't have a link, just heard on Richmond AM 950. Does anyone have a link?

Is this he end for CPort as a Skin?

hope not.

well......it'll be interesting from here on out how the roster is managed. looks like changes are underway.

thanks for the heads up Goaldie.

They've already replaced him with Andre Brown, a 4th-round pick of the Giants in 2008. Spent time on the PS w/ a few teams, most recently the Ravens (who's PS we signed him off of).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/24/clinton-portis-out-for-season/

There are some things about Clinton Portis that irked me. I was never a fan of his characters and I wish Gibbs would have nipped it in the bud!

But in my lifetime the only RB in a Skins' uniform who was better was John Riggins. That list includes runners like Ernest Byner, Kelvin Bryant, George Rogers, Gerald Riggs and Stephen Davis.

If this is indeed the end, which I bet it is, Thank You CP for your time in DC! You certainly showed a lot of heart at times!

Last edited:
For a few plays, he looked like his old self. I'm not his biggest fan, but he did lay it all out on the field for us for a few years. Hope he gets healthy and has good rest of his life

CP has been the heart of this team for along time, I truly hope they find a way to keep him around if he can get healthy.....A 210-220 pound back who fears no one, blocks like a Yeti and carried this team multiple times....I don't even like typing like this is it for 26.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.