• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pondering Life's Mysteries.....

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Is there anything you've ever wondered about, but either had know way to find the answer, or didn't want to ask? I think this can be a good way to possibly find some of those answers, by asking questions you have ever wondered about, and providing answers to others if you know the answer. I'll start with a few....

1. Why do they sell less hot dog buns in a pack than hot dog packs? Every pack of buns has 6 in it, and I've never seen a pack of hot dogs that had less than 8.

2. Why are there silent letters?

3. Where do they put the toe tag on people that die and don't have feet?

4. Why isn't Allstate insurance available in all states?

5. Can a doctor be seen by another doctor in his office, or does he have to go somewhere else?

6. What's the difference between partly cloudy and mostly sunny?

7. How come ghosts don't fall through floors?

8. How come ghosts aren't naked?

9. Why can't a lot of black people swim?

10. Why can't a lot of white people dance?

11. Does the movie length listed on a ticket only include the movie, or all the previews too?

12. Why does it feel so good to yawn?

13. Has any superstition ever been proven?

1. To increase sales. You are likely to buy two packages of buns.

Is there anything you've ever wondered about, but either had know way to find the answer, or didn't want to ask? I think this can be a good way to possibly find some of those answers, by asking questions you have ever wondered about, and providing answers to others if you know the answer. I'll start with a few....

1. Why do they sell less hot dog buns in a pack than hot dog packs? Every pack of buns has 6 in it, and I've never seen a pack of hot dogs that had less than 8.

OK, this one annoys me because it's just a myth that keeps getting perpetuated and a lame one at that. I always get 8 buns in my packages, I don't know where you shop.

Oh, and #4 isn't true either.

Last edited:
Because they would have to exist, first

In the stories humans have invented involving such entities they have been imagined as being "ephemeral"or"non-corporeal"-having no material bodies thus unable to be affected by gravity. As far as the nakedness goes, that's likely, I think, to be a result of socially agreed-upon ideas concerning propriety and acceptable behavior which limited how ghosts could be described without violating such ideas and exposing the author to public censure-or worse.

9. Why can't a lot of black people swim?

It has to do with access (both historic and current) to swimming pools.

This book was an interesting resource: http://www.amazon.com/Contested-Waters-History-Swimming-ebook/dp/B002C1B2JI

And an easy to understand article on the topic: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/2441127...ercent-black-children-cant-swim/#.T9EGTLBYvSg
That's crazy. Definitely explains a lot, and something so obvious once you hear it.

12. Why does it feel so good to yawn?

Because it is more oxygen to your brain.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device
Is that the feeling people are trying to achieve when they go to oxygen bars? If so, I completely get it now.

10. Government tests show that black people hear better than other races, especially whites. They hear music better.

Testing also shows that women hear better than men overall.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/1335001...-hear-better-whites-study-shows/#.T9EjzKN5mSM
That makes sense I guess, but I had my hearing tested at a range of 4hz up to 22khz. Below and above the normal range of human hearing. But I still dance like I'm white, what gives?

OK, this one annoys me because it's just a myth that keeps getting perpetuated and a lame one at that. I always get 8 buns in my packages, I don't know where you shop.
I misspoke, I meant 8 and 10. I said 6 and 8, because that is a totally BS one you hear constantly. But all good brands of hot dogs come in 10 packs, and I have yet to see a 10 pack of buns.

Because they would have to exist, first
I totally agree. My wife is a believer, so this is a question I ask her a lot. And she has no answer.

11. Not the previews, but it does include the credits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.