• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Poll: The Pressure Cooker?

Who is under the most pressure during the 2010 Redskins season?

• Donovan McNabb

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Clinton Portis

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Mike Shanahan

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Albert Haynesworth

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Daniel Snyder

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 1st Round Pick Trent Williams

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Who, during this 2010 Redskins season, is under the most pressure?

Gotta go with McNabb. Judging on how he's stepped up as a leader, it's natural for the pressure to be on his shoulders. And, given the importance of his play, the success of the team is far more dependent on him performing well than the other players listed.

The only pressure fat all will feel is his fat ass weighing him down.

Trent and Clinton will feel pressure to perform well, but the success of the team isn't on them as much as McNabb.

Shanahan has the next greatest load of pressure. Very close to McNabb.

Snyder's pressure is just a more intense version of the angst we feel as fans. He seems to have removed himself from direct football decisions, so the actual win loss record won't fall to him directly.

Mostly agree with Serv, though I think Shanahan is first. Everything with Fat Al will be forgotten when he either sacks Romo or allows someone else to sack Romo the first game. People are expecting Williams to play well, but I don't think they are expecting him to dominate. Snyder has bought himself a fair amount of time, couple of years anyway. It would take a major Shanhan crash and burn to impact Snyder.

McNabb is interesting. He does carry the hopes and dreams of a fa base it seems. For the first time in a long, long time we have a franchise QB. He is way up there on the pressure meter.

But Shanhan? Fair or not, i think the perception is that he is more in control (or at lest equally so) than Allen is. And the super intelligent fans on this board (pandering, yes. So?) realize most of his movies have been made to win now, not in two or three years. I don't know what the bar is for most people, but I would think six wins would be a pretty big disappointment. Less than that would border on disaster. Shanahan has to win this year. We don't have to go to the Super Bowl, but a lot of people expect playoffs. And those who don't expect at least playoff contention.

We go 6-10? Even if there are a ton of injuries, Shanahan still gets blamed for that too, because he brought in older players.

My feeling is we need to be at .500 to satisfy most people. Anything less than that and Shanahan finds out how much fun it really is to coach in DC.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I had to go with McNabb also. At times, being billed as a savior of sorts for the Skins, and getting canned from the team he led for so many years, the pressure for him to prove he can still get it done at a high level is far greater the any on the list.

I really think the heat is going to be on Trent Williams

Rooks always get abused for the first six or eight games, plus he has the added pressure of keeping our only real QB from being killed.

Personally, I don't expect much out of this squad this year, so in my view McNabb and Shanny get a pass. You can only polish a turd so much. Starting next year though..................

I really think the heat is going to be on Trent Williams

I believe you are correct Sarge. This rookie with no NFL experience is charged with the task of protecting the blind side of an All-World QB against the likes of DeMarcus Ware, Dwight Freeney, Trent Cole, Ose Umenyorie (if healthy when we play them) or Justin Tuck, Jared Allen and many others he will face this year. He has monumental pressure on him. But he looked real comfortable the other day at TC.

As far as CP, he doesn't appear to feel the pressure from what I saw at practice the other day. He probably should since LJ is working so hard, but with CP's talent and the fact that he appears to be working harder than he has in years, we should see a marked improvement. 1500 yards? Probably not. I don't see him getting that many carries, more like 1200. Not a lot of pressure there.

As far as Donovan McNabb, I don't think there is all that much pressure at this point since there is no extension in place. The expectations of the team aren't too high, he is not locked into a contract, so if the middle of the season comes and the team is not doing as well as we would all like to see, we could see him go into the off-season without a contract extension in place. Then he could shop around to play for whomever he wants. If the team is winning by then, he will have much of the glory and likely get signed to a hefty contract. Either way, next season he is going to get paid, by us or someone else.

If given the option, I think I would go with Thomas and Kelly. They are literally playing for their NFL futures. No one on that list, except maybe Portis, is in that state at the moment and everyone on that list has made a mint already in their NFL lives. Our two young wide outs were second round picks so while they are doing OK money wise, they didn't break the bank with their rookie contracts. If they bust out here, they might get a shot somewhere else but it isn't a lock and they will likely end up journeymen for the rest of their careers, then have to look for work after football.

Given the current list, I have to go with Shanahan. He did OK his last few years in Denver but there was nothing spectacular there. The whole league is looking at him and wondering if he can still do it or if, minus an Elway or Young, he is just a very good NFL coach, not a great NFL coach.

I voted McNabb. He has to prove that Philly made a mistake.

Shanahan.

- SB winning coach hype

- his way or the highway approach

- bringing his son onboard

- obvious ego

- was fired and seeks redemption

- has a lot of good players

- has player buy-in....now needs results to sustain that buy-in

Total pressure or pressure from '62? :)

Shanahan is on scholarship for the first year, even here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.