• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PLAYOFFS! - Tampa Bay @ Washington

The Rams also got a defensive touchdown. That never hurts.

Just thought I’d say it out loud… We are playing with house money tonight. Absolutely nothing to lose. A WFT legend to be born.

Can you even imagine?
Beer meme time if we win.

Hey, if Russell Wilson could throw a pick six on a wide receiver screen, Tom Brady can make some mistakes at 43.

They gave it hell but not enough pieces in place yet. Heineken just may delay an early round QB in April.

I saw this tweet in an article about Heinicke's TD.

Taylor Heinicke. The quarterback chimera.

Brett Favre's number and toughness
Drew Brees' Height
Josh Allen level mobility.
Tony Romo's feet
Kurt Warner's command.

I realized after the game that he probably did get hurt on the TD dive. That hit where he came up wincing was nothing. But the fact that it was already hurt, any contact would aggravate it and it did. The guy is tough as nails.

I had to watch the game at a friend's house, so I couldn't hear the tv the whole time and missed a few things like that squib onside kick. But overall, really proud of the team. There were some rough moments, but they stood true and answered the bell every time they needed to, but just came a little short. And man...how about Heinicke? Not only was he working the offense well and making good throws, but the dude is tough and has some wheels! I was most impressed in how he stuck in the pocket for a bit before taking off. Heady to do that and not take off at the first sign. I'm not sure how he got out of there a few times.

Very proud of the team and makes me look forward to next season.

I haven't seen a DC QB with that much pocket presence and focus in a long, long time. He was able to read the defense while being aware of the pass rush/pocket better than anyone in recent memory. I know it's 'just one game' - I get it. But I have a hard time seeing what he was able to do last night, and then believing it was just a mirage or fluke. I think this kid can flat out play.

I haven't seen a DC QB with that much pocket presence and focus in a long, long time. He was able to read the defense while being aware of the pass rush/pocket better than anyone in recent memory. I know it's 'just one game' - I get it. But I have a hard time seeing what he was able to do last night, and then believing it was just a mirage or fluke. I think this kid can flat out play.
His agility and pocket presence makes him "slippery" in tight quarters. That's a rare skill in itself and three of the top "slippery" QBs I've seen are Big Ben, Deshaun Watson, and Tony Romo. Then tack on the fact he has great top end speed similar to(or actually better than) Josh Allen.

The way he juked the free rusher on one play and that TD run are plays even certain good QBs could not make.

The comparison I see, given time to, you know, actually play for a minute, is Russell Wilson.

We're going to hear a ton of 'it was just one game', '3 other teams passed on him', and 'he's too short'. On the one hand, I get the idea that folks generally have. What are the chances an UDFA off the street, thrust into a playoff start in desperation, is the future QB of this team?

Most would say there's no chance. My question is - why can't he be?

We fall in love with draft profiles. Everyone wants to draft a guy with a top pick who is the next can't miss phenom. But every year, we see QBs taken in later rounds prove to have what it takes at the NFL level. We see it over and over again. Why can't it happen for a guy like Heinicke? Why is is so impossible that Washington stumble onto it's own hidden gem?

What I saw last night was a smart, gutsy player who can move, who is very accurate, and who engineered more offensive success in 1 game than anyone else on this roster managed in 2020 against a legit Super Bowl contender. Was that a fluke? Did I not see what I think I saw?

Of course Heinicke's new teammates are going to say nice things about him after such a gutsy performance. Here are a couple comments:

Terry McLaurin:
"I'll take No. 4 on my team any day of the week, twice on Sunday," McLaurin said. "I hope we're teammates in the future.
"That dude plays with no fear. He's going to give his players a chance to make plays. He extends plays, he runs, he takes hits. He does everything you ask a quarterback to do in this league.
"He gave us a chance."

Morgan Moses:
"I can't tell you why he was on the street before we picked him up. He has every quality of a player you want. I'm just glad we got him. No words to explain the performance that he had today. He stepped up on a big-time stage, and I commend him for that."
"The guy's an awesome player."
"He has that 'it' factor, and you can't teach that."

Ron Rivera:
“It was gutsy, it really was. It’s one of those things that, a guy like him who works hard at what he does, he’s created an opportunity for himself and we’ll see what happens,"
"I'm just very proud of what he did coming out and competing the way he did and helping us to get where we are today.”
“We were really fired up about giving him his opportunity today and we felt really good about it. He had a good week, he took a majority of the snaps,"
"It was one of those things that it was just, I don’t want to call it a fait accompli but it was pretty certain.”
“He took advantage of it and did a good job for us,"
“As I said, this young man’s earned an opportunity and that’s the best part about this is we’re going to create some competition around here and guys are going to compete and that’s how you’re going to get better,"

One game. Yep.
But man - what a ****ing game.

Someone want to try and convince me this guy cannot be the future at QB for Washington?

The main concern for Heinicke seems to be health and not ability. He's got Malcolm Kelly levels of just breaking apart in limited minutes.

To be fair, he likely was not in football shape when we took him in, but that is where care needs to be taken.

He broke an elbow in his only other start. I think you're right that durability, both because of his size, and his willingness to put himself at risk (especially on the run) is a concern. But he knows how to slide :) He's tough - playing with an AC joint dislocation - that's something.

Heinicke has earned the right to compete for QB1 for 2021.

When you talk about quality professional Qb play, that's the best that's been here in 30 years. I see folks say "RG3" but RG3 couldn't get past two reads.

If he had a single bar facemask, one might have thought Joe Theismann was out there.

Get another TE and 2 Wrs(one FA,one draft)...keep building OL depth and then get Ron an upgrade at LB and more secondary depth and let's see how much more this core group can grow......

I was just blown away with his accuracy - and he was accurate under duress with guys in his face. If he had had more help from his WR corps he has a 400 yd game last night and a 70%+ completion rate.

He broke an elbow in his only other start. I think you're right that durability, both because of his size, and his willingness to put himself at risk (especially on the run) is a concern. But he knows how to slide :) He's tough - playing with an AC joint dislocation - that's something.
His toughness is something to appreciate, but if he's getting broken after each game, he can't last a 17 game season. He's a glass cannon so far; glass cannon is gaming slang.

Injured in Minny. Concussed in his start against Houston.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.