• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PLAYOFFS! - Tampa Bay @ Washington

I’d certainly give him next season to battle for the #1 spot without hesitation. For one we don’t give away crucial draft capital since he’s already in house. Another is he’s got pretty good accuracy when there’s a clean pocket, something our line rarely gave him last night.

One question I’ve got from last night is why in the hell didn’t Turner call some bootlegs off playaction? Seems to me Heineken would thrive off of that style

I’d certainly give him next season to battle for the #1 spot without hesitation. For one we don’t give away crucial draft capital since he’s already in house. Another is he’s got pretty good accuracy when there’s a clean pocket, something our line rarely gave him last night.

One question I’ve got from last night is why in the hell didn’t Turner call some bootlegs off playaction? Seems to me Heineken would thrive off of that style

I’m going to guess the no bootlegs is because the game plan was built for Smith as well. That is something he cannot do right now, so the game plan didn’t include those things.

His current competition:
Alex Smith
Kyle Allen

I guess we could bring Haskins back - he's healthy :)

I hear you. Like I said, he's not a big guy and he's got a history. That's why we need a lot better WRs and a greatly beefed up OL. Give him that and I'll bet he stays a lot healthier.

Yep. Especially down inside the 20. Joey T used to abuse the hell out of defenses, especially in 3rd and short situations by faking the handoff and instead running it around the corner. It was there for the taking last night and we could all see how dangerous he is out in open space. I'd have like to have seen that too. The one thing we don't know (because, as you said, I don't think they rolled him out of the pocket even once) is whether he can throw it on the run and if so, how good he is at it. My guess, given some of the great balls he threw under significant duress, is that he can do it. But I'd like to see him do it some.

Washington under Rivera is headed in the right direction, even usual detractors of this team said that after last night's game.

Overnight hosts/guests on ESPN and Fox were impressed that Washington could go into a playoff game with a quarterback who had started one NFL game previously and with both Terry McLaurin and Antonio Gibson limited by injuries keep this contest highly competitive late into the fourth quarter.

I think picking at #19 (or even moving up to say #11 or #12) Washington can acquire a much better quarterback prospect in the 2021 draft than was available in 2019.

And from there it is building an OL (hopefully with Saadiq Charles playing a part) and acquiring professional starting linebackers in free agency.

We have the cap room to do so and given the number of teams that are already estimated to be millions over the cap, those players ARE going to become available in the offseason.

BTW - Heinickie delivered a performance last night that I was waiting for Haskins to produce in 2 years. Haskins never showed the fight to stay in a game for 60 minutes and overcome the slightest adversity.

I wish Belichick or Kyle Shanahan or Matt Rule luck in turning that ship around.

Just be sure to give Haskins the #7 jersey to wear or he will be lost for sure :p

Yep. Especially down inside the 20. Joey T used to abuse the hell out of defenses, especially in 3rd and short situations by faking the handoff and instead running it around the corner. It was there for the taking last night and we could all see how dangerous he is out in open space. I'd have like to have seen that too. The one thing we don't know (because, as you said, I don't think they rolled him out of the pocket even once) is whether he can throw it on the run and if so, how good he is at it. My guess, given some of the great balls he threw under significant duress, is that he can do it. But I'd like to see him do it some.

By no means am I saying run him like RG3 or anything of the sort. Just a few here and there mixed in with some rollout throws would have kept Tampa’s blitzes down imo. I don’t recall a screen being implemented either but coulda missed it.

I know he can improve drastically by next season but as of now not too impressed with Turner’s playcalling. Dude has to get better at knowing who’s in the game and work accordingly going forward.

. Dude has to get better at knowing who’s in the game and work accordingly going forward.
This.
You can't brag before the game that if Heinicke plays,there's no babying him,that the whole playbook will be open and then have the gameplan look just like immobile Alex's.
Son of Norv has alot to prove before I buy in.

Let's remember that there were 5 wide receiver drops in this game.

Let's also remember that despite Scherff being named an all-pro and believing Rouillier, Moses, etc. are solid performers the truth is Washington's OL did not provide Heinicke with a running game that was any kind of distraction.

The other factor is our linebackers and safeties.

Leonard Fournette at this point of his career should not be going for 132 yards against the defense.

We need a complete reset of backers - Bostic and KPL were street free agents and the latter has mostly been known as a special teamer.

If we don't draft a quarterback then linebacker has to be a major focus of ours in the draft.

The return of Everett and Collins (assuming he is healthy) should help at safety where Reaves is a 100% effort guy but miscast in a regular role in the starting 11, he's a special teams player and backup who can come in and play snaps to finish out a game.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.