• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Players Who May Be On Move

Homer McFanboy's Take:

http://www.homermcfanboy.com/2010/12/22/10-redskins-to-build-around/

10. London Fletcher, middle linebacker – The one graybeard to crack the list is here simply because he’s a heart and soul kind of guy...

9. DeAngelo Hall, cornerback – With seven seasons under his belt, it’s hard to believe Hall is just 27 — especially when you factor in all of the ups and downs he had earlier in his career during his time in Atlanta and Oakland. But Hall, at his best, is a game changer (just ask Jay Cutler)...

8. Ryan Torain, running back – Torain is a 24-year-old who absolutely looks like a legitimate NFL feature back whenever he’s given the ball. But he’s also a guy who history shows has trouble staying healthy for more than two or three games in a row...

7. Chris Cooley, tight end – This might be surprising considering my professed love for all thing Fred Davis, but the truth is that Cooley is the face of the franchise...

6. Jammal Brown, right tackle – I fully admit that Brown’s career in Washington got off to a rocky start. The 29-year-old came to town via a trade with New Orleans and was clearly less than 100 percent at the beginning of the 2010 season. But what’s stood out to me as the season has gone along is that slowly but surely Brown is returning back to his Pro Bowl level of play. Brown has been dealing with an injury to his left hip since before the 2009 season, which is only compounded by Washington’s desire to move him to right tackle.

“When I was at left tackle I was pressing off with my right hip, so I was able to play the whole year with a torn labrum,” Brown said. “But when I got here they moved me to right tackle and I’m putting all that weight on my left hip. That’s what was making me hurt a little bit more … But everything’s good now.”

5. Carlos Rogers, cornerback – Look, I know Rogers can’t catch a football to save his life. Hell, even Rogers knows it. But the 29-year-old is the best lockdown cornerback the Redskins have and he’s also someone who can excel playing on the outside or at nickel...

4. Brandon Banks, kick returner – Not since Brian Mitchell has Washington had such a dynamic returner in the special teams game....

3. Trent Williams, left tackle – Try to name another NFL fanbase that’s as tortured as 'Skins fans. Go ahead. I dare you. It can’t be done. And Williams is the perfect example...

2. Brian Orakpo, outside linebacker – Orakpo is such a beast that opposing players can’t keep their hands off of him. Seriously, at least once a game you can pause the game and easily see the 24-year-old getting molested by an offensive lineman doing everything short of stealing his wallet in hopes of keeping the Texas Longhorn away from their quarterback....

1. LaRon Landry, strong safety – Last season folks were down on Landry because, there were times when he looked completely lost on the football field. But it turns out all that the only thing missing from the equation was a defensive coordinator willing and able to use the 26-year-old correctly...

Click link for the rest.

Very interesting point about the Brown injury. Seemingly another example of Redskins coaches misusing personnel. Why not let Trent Williams wet his feet at RT for awhile, and put Brown where he's healthiest? Seems crazy to me...

I stopped reading homers blog for a while when he started with the "anonymous sources" which was too bad because he is not a bad blogger when he sticks to writing his opinions as opinions. I don't always agree with him but most of the time he at least defines an argument for his opinions.

Now his list is flawed for this thread and I will tell you why.
1- Rogers probably wont be back unless we pay him as an elite CB and he is just below that level in his all around skillset.

2-Brown has looked better the past couple games but when you are being rotated with heyer that says something about your game, I wouldnt wnat to lose him but I also dont wnat to risk giving him LT money (which he has stated he wants).

3-Rak actually hasnt looked great at OLB this season he isnt putting up pro bowl numbers despite playing on a team that is on the field on defence for most of the game. Look at Fletch and Rockys numbers, they are inflated by the number of plays they are on the field, why arent raks? truth is Rak hasnt developed as much as they thought he would as an OLB, their hope was that if they removed most of his run responsabilities (his weakness at texas and here in his rookie year) that he would flourish as a Pass rusher, the issue is that most of his moves are those of a DE not a speed rusher. He has upside and could develop but he is not a sure thing by any stretch.

last but not least is Landry and he is actually my biggest argument for the return to a 4-3, yes he looked lost last year playing deep centerfield most of the time but any decent DC knew his skillset would be better used up tight and using his size as a blitzer on occasion, his resurgence was due to that, his "exceptional" season was due to the fact that everyone and their dog not only moved the ball but were getting into the secondary A LOT. It doesnt say anything good about your defence when your safety leads the league in tackles. Is he a very good player when used right? yes, is he a Sean taylor type? nope and we may never see a player like that again.

3. Trent Williams, left tackle – Try to name another NFL fanbase that’s as tortured as 'Skins fans. Go ahead. I dare you. It can’t be done. And Williams is the perfect example...

I dont get what he means..

Its not the whole thing - you have to click the link for the rest:

Try to name another NFL fanbase that’s as tortured as 'Skins fans. Go ahead. I dare you. It can’t be done. And Williams is the perfect example. When he was drafted, Redskins fans around the country were ecstatic because the front office had finally caught on that it doesn’t matter how many first-round picks you use on flashy skill positions – your team is doomed unless you make your offensive and defensive lines a priority.

Nothing against the 22-year-old, but he could have been anyone and Redskins fans would have rejoiced. Thankfully though, the first tackle the Redskins drafted with their top pick since Chris Samuels also turned out to be a helluva player. Sure he’s had his ups and downs this season as he’s taken on some of the best pass rushers in the game, but he’s got loads of talent and figures to solidify one of the most important positions in football for the next decade or so.

Ry - I will say that if 'Homer' says he got it from an anonymous source, it may be anonymous, but I can guarantee you it's a player or someone close to the team he's talking to. He's the hardest-working Skins coverage guy I know and is also one of the most reliable reporters of what's actually going on with the team and individual players out there.

Unlike the traditional media guys, he has zero agenda.

You don't have to read his stuff, but I guarantee you on the quotes and inside info, he's dead-on accurate.

I don't like anonymous sources, never have, I am a firm believer that if its worth saying you should be man enough to stand behind your words or keep your yap shut. I used to read murfs blog when it was one of the few on the internet but I stopped for a bit when he started using "anonymous" sources quite a bit. I thought actually (and told him so on the "other" board, that he was beginning to rely too much on "anonymous sources" and less on his own observations. I do agree that most of the time he is far better than the asstards who covered the skins for the so called real media.

those guys rarely even did real research I busted one guy (nunyo demasio) who wrote a story once and didnt even know how to spell Mike Oliphants last name or that he had ended up playing in the CFL 2 years after washing out with the browns after being part of the Byner trade. To my mind if you get paid, you better do your job.

For while I was in contact with Mike Sellers quite a bit because we were buddies when he played in Edmonton, we played on the same mens basketball team and would hang out a lot at the stadium rec center being the same age and about the same size we would end up guarding eachother a lot and became buddies from there, but I would never have posted stuff he told me without his permission. Quite often though I did get some insight into what was going on behind the scenes. I actually told him it was awesome that he was getting scouted by the skins, he was a seahawks guy lol.

Oh man. Nunyo Demasio. Heh. There's a name I haven't thought of in years. Didn't Art or somebody keep a running list of his screw ups? Yikes. That was a disaster of a reporter.

Anyone know what he is doing now?

Lmao, yeah Art had a running list, Diehard and I made a thread I wish I could remember what it was titled where we detailed his biggest screwups and it had links to the comments we left and his responces, my name on the comments was nunyobusiness and I think DH was nunyoattitude or something lmao. I actually got him to spazz on me a few times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.