• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Zorn, Cerrato's fates apparently are intertwined

BGO

Redskins fans, there might be signs of hope in D.C., after all.We're hearing that there's a strong belief within the Redskins organization that the fates of coach Jim Zorn and V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato are tied together.So if/when...

More...

I'm not buying it, although I confess I'd like to believe it - would still only get rid of 1/2 the problem.

Love the below reader comment:

RollyMac says:
October 18, 2009 10:13 PM

Poor Jim. He obviously didn't do his homework on the Redskins and Dan Snyder's history. The unfortunate thing is that Snyder's fate can't be tied to Zorn's. He too should be fired for gross mismanagement and self-absorbed behavior. How did this guy make billions? It's taken him 10 years and he still hasn't figured it out what other owners like Steve Bisciotti knows. Hire a knowledgeable football guy, and get out of the way. You're not Jerry Jones or Al Davis. At least they know something about football ... albeit hasn't served them well lately. Snyder is a snake whose fan base is paying daily for his sins. Karma is a b.... His entire tenure is filled with poor decisions, rampant firings, and probably the act that tops it all, suing season ticket holders for non-payment in the greatest recession this nation has seen in 75 years. This kind of morally bankrupt behavior cannot go unpunished, and us Skin fans are paying the price for his sins. I wish he would go someplace far away... permanently !!!

Today, I'll be calling Redskins Park and telling them that if Bug Eyes isn't out the door at the end of this year, my season tickets are done.

I would rejoice if I honestly believed this were true but I am pretty sure Vinny has photos of The Danny naked with the family dog or something. The guys middle name appears to be Teflon.

I would rejoice if I honestly believed this were true but I am pretty sure Vinny has photos of The Danny naked with the family dog or something. The guys middle name appears to be Teflon.

Agreed. You know, firing Zorn without an exit from Cerrato makes little sense. Having Cerrato giving Zorn coaching advice makes even lesser sense.

Don't tease me with thoughts of Cerrato being fired. That is just not right.

Honestly, I'm not sure it matters. There are rumors that it was actually theDanny who told Zorn to pull Campbell at halftime, which in my mind implies that Snyder has a very heavy-hand in personnel decisions, and Vinny is basically there just to look like he hired a GM. A yes man, so to speak. So in reality, firing Vinny might not do anything - until Snyder makes the commitment to step aside and let his personnel run the team. Hell, Vinny might actually do a decent job without Snyder breathing down his neck.

Vinny is just the "Hand of Snyder"
Until Snyder decides to quit mucking with things a let the people he's hired do they're job, it won't matter.

After Snyder is willing to do this, he needs to get rid of Vinny and find a guy that will keep Snyder in check.

Honestly, I'm not sure it matters. There are rumors that it was actually theDanny who told Zorn to pull Campbell at halftime, which in my mind implies that Snyder has a very heavy-hand in personnel decisions, and Vinny is basically there just to look like he hired a GM. A yes man, so to speak. So in reality, firing Vinny might not do anything - until Snyder makes the commitment to step aside and let his personnel run the team. Hell, Vinny might actually do a decent job without Snyder breathing down his neck.

If the rumor were true, I'd have an even bigger problem with Zorn. This is where Zorn is supposed to say, "Tell that jockey and the horse he rode in on that I make the game decisions. If he wants that privilege, tell him to get his butt down here, fire me and take over. Otherwise, tell him to STFU!"

As for firing Minion Vinny, if Danny actually goes through with it then it could very well mean he's serious about changing things. No one in his right mind, outside Pepper Rodgers, would agree to take that job without full control and no interference from Danny UNLESS he/she were a relative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.